Connexion rapide:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Sujet Using Stems plays track overlapped

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Hi Folks

A new on one me, I upgraded to VDJ 2021 and all was fine, but when it auto updated to latest version, i started to get an issues

Once the track has been processed for stem separation and i select on of the stems (lets say vocals) , it plays the track twice by overlapping. Usually with a 10 Second delay before the second overlap kicks in. ( even if it is just vocals on its own

Issue disappears once i deselect all stems and play the normal track but is present if any of the stems is selected turned off. It also doe snot happen to all songs. so ia m trying ot find a correlation between the sings that do and those who dont.

Regards, Alan

Posté Wed 24 Jun 20 @ 12:33 pm
After some playing around, I have determined it is the bit-rate as a result of the app i used to render the audio

It was creating 160 bit-rate but converting to 320 solved the issue

This is a bug, but easily fixed by end user

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QI8Jnzl1x_A

Regards, MICK_C

Posté Thu 25 Jun 20 @ 4:40 am
So you're ripping all the music from Spotify?

That's against their terms & conditions. You're stealing music.

Also, converting a 160k rip to 320k isn't going to improve the quality. It'll just make it bigger.

(as your files are 160k I assume you're not paying for Spotify either)

Posté Thu 25 Jun 20 @ 8:25 am
Welcome to support forum where someone walks right past the problem to have a bitch and moan about what someone else is doing. P.S i do pay for spottily. I actually pay for family..

For for the rest of us, there is a bug in VDJ that is not reading 160 bit rate files correctly. I have not tested against any other bitrate but might give it a go.

Posté Thu 25 Jun 20 @ 8:55 pm
Well Done VDJ Devs

Problem Solved

Regards, MICK_c

Posté Thu 25 Jun 20 @ 9:24 pm
PP_MICK_c wrote :
Welcome to support forum where someone walks right past the problem to have a bitch and moan about what someone else is doing. P.S i do pay for spottily. I actually pay for family..

For for the rest of us, there is a bug in VDJ that is not reading 160 bit rate files correctly. I have not tested against any other bitrate but might give it a go.

You may not like what @groovindj said, but he is right. You are breaking all sorts of copyright laws ripping music from Spotify.

On the other hand, glad your issue is resolved.

Posté Thu 25 Jun 20 @ 9:47 pm
.....and paying for the service doesn't justify what you're doing.

Posté Thu 25 Jun 20 @ 10:43 pm
I pay for Spottily,, Amazon Music, YouTube Music, yet i should pay for another service to hold a local copy that i can use to change the method of listening ( Mix) .

These services are delivery services, not propitiatory owners. A fundamentally flawed system to keep you paying for multiple services ( specifically delivery methods and not the content)

That being said, if you watch the video again you will see that only a few tracks had been processed for BPM as i was attempting to evaluate the use of Stems and its ability to extract components of songs that in the past i had difficulty separating, (specifically vocals).

I am a mashup artist and use VDJ to evaluate songs and apply effects. I dont actually use it to play sets at home anymore. When i do find a song that works in production i purchase the Wav / MP3 from amazon music so i can include them in production with best quality possible, but I am not going to pay for every song i evaluate trying to find one that works. I operate a try before buy principle.

Here is a song i am being trying to separate for many some years, and i have to say that VDJ Stems have now allowed me to do this. So well done to them. This will allow me to make new productions and purchase the songs that are included in them. so you kinda jumped the gun.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dOCgbudqYpQ&t=1s

Posté Thu 25 Jun 20 @ 11:32 pm
If you're only "evaluating" then you don't need to rip anything.

There are streaming services built in to VDJ that allow you to play streamed music, use EQ, pitch, FX and so on, for a small monthly fee.

It's likely no one else here has encountered the overlapping issue because they just wouldn't be using such low bitrates.

Paying for multiple services still doesn't give you free rein.

Posté Fri 26 Jun 20 @ 6:55 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
The bug had nothing to do with bitrate, but with samplerate. Anyway it's already fixed.
(also with modern codecs like aac or even ogg vorbis 160kbps will be near indistinguishable from the original, so not really crazy low either)

Posté Fri 26 Jun 20 @ 7:11 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)