Connexion rapide:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Sujet VDJ, Streamlabs, issues & crashes

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

I’m using VDJ and Streamlabs to live set on Facebook.
First my setup:
Laptop MSI gv62 7rd with i7 (7700hq), 8 gb ram, Nvidia 1050 gtx (4gb). Windows 10 64bits. SSD nvma 512gb + 1tb hdd.
Pioneer DDJ-RR (Connected on usb2).

All music on network (in another computer via wired 1gb lan).
Using my LCD and laptop display for extended desktop (VDJ interface in one and Steamlab in second monitor)

Ok, the problem is the load of CPU. I capture video skin from VDJ on Streamlabs (for track name's, eq waves & covers), and composite with Webcam (Chroma) & some backgrounds in Streamlabs.

Some crashes occurs with no specific reason, but my suspect are the load cpu or latency.
When using more MIDI traffic (plate rotating or seek on bar), and cpu indicator have 100%, sound clips & pops or intermittent silences occur, or directly crash VDJ.

Is not persistent crashes, only once in a day, with long live sets (6 or more hours).
I’ve send tickets to support, they say that some crashes are in audio interface, on crash report that they take from my account.

Some other things: I put my notebook in ECO mode because cpu in turbo Mode and cooler @ max speed, temp rises to 90-95º C. In ECO and cooler @ max speed , temp are between 48-75º C. But cpu load is more intensive (bar indicator on VDJ are 50-90%). In Turbo, CPU indicator is more relax.

All this info is for discover what is better solution for all this.
I think to use VDJ on laptop and send video over an NDI capture (NDI tool) to the other computer and run Streamlabs there, but Im not trying this yet.

Any suggestions?
One more thing: I’m using VDJ 2020, last update, because Im not work with stems and I think VDJ 2021 get more cpu usage.

Posté Wed 22 Jul 20 @ 7:41 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Did you try to broadcast directly from within VDJ and not use streamlabs entirely?

Also, you can upgrade to VDJ2021 just fine. If you don't want to use stems you can simply but mathEngine setting to disabled and cpu usage will be the same.

Posté Wed 22 Jul 20 @ 7:51 am
Adion wrote :
Did you try to broadcast directly from within VDJ and not use streamlabs entirely?

Also, you can upgrade to VDJ2021 just fine. If you don't want to use stems you can simply but mathEngine setting to disabled and cpu usage will be the same.

Need Streamlabs (or OBS) because chroma is better than VDJ.
Compositions scenes are more flexible and mutli stream needed.

Posté Wed 22 Jul 20 @ 5:27 pm
Any idea?

May be better results if increse latency on pioneer ddj-rr control panel? Or latency on VDJ?

Posté Fri 24 Jul 20 @ 9:08 pm
djdiego1971 wrote :
Any idea?

May be better results if increse latency on pioneer ddj-rr control panel? Or latency on VDJ?

We need more info. How does Taskmanager look like when you only use VDJ vs. VDJ + OBS (not recording or streaming, just running the compositor) vs. VDJ + OBS Recording or Streaming?
Are you using different encoder settings for Recording and Streaming, which would cause more load?
Which encoder are you using? What are your canvas settings in OBS?

Posté Sat 25 Jul 20 @ 2:01 pm
Update issue:
Apparently, my laptop is not enough to handle virtual DJ & and OBS at same time with heavy scenes compounds and capture VDJ video window.
There is not more crashes, but some noises issues occur when I use the search needle on my controller. After run latency monitor, with OBS running, stress on latency is so high. Without OBS running, all work perfect.
I wanna try two alternatives, with two computers, but I don’t have any capture video card.
How can send over my network the output video (and sound) from my laptop with VDJ to my pc with OBS?
NDI or rtmp using my local address?

Posté Thu 10 Sep 20 @ 4:02 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)