Connexion rapide:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Sujet VirtualDJ altering the sound

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Hello,

I have an issue with Virtual DJ that I don't quite understand, It feels to me that Virtual DJ is altering the sound.
I have tried to compare the same track through VLC and Virtual DJ and I see a difference.

1. Volume: I have always noticed that my music played through Virtual DJ is lower than through another way, is that normal and happening to other people ?
2. I can hear that the song is altered like if a flanger was activated, but I have no effects activated whatsoever, again, I tried the same song through VLC and it's crystal clear, so I wonder what's happening. I checked the Key and it's the original key.

Any idea?

Posté Mon 27 Jul 20 @ 1:07 pm
Are you using VDJ 2021 (which has stems separation)? Is the stems separation enabled?

I would suggest turning off the mathengine and listening again.

Posté Mon 27 Jul 20 @ 1:34 pm
Flanger like sound usually means wrong audio setup.
You haven't mentioned anything about how you route your sound so we can't guess or help without more information.
However keep in mind that Flanger is basically an effect where the same sound is reproduced twice with just a few ms of delay...

As for volume it also depends on the track and your settings.
By default VirtualDj as a DJ software it applies auto gain on all tracks to ensure that all tracks sound about the same volume.
VLC will play the tracks at their original volume while VirtualDj may add or remove gain.
You can disable auto gain setting, but generally that's not advisable to do on a DJ software

Posté Mon 27 Jul 20 @ 1:53 pm
Hello,

Thanks both for your replies.

> I was running VirtualDJ2020, but currently updating to 2021, I was not aware there were an update and usually I have a pop up prompting to update, but didn't have it the past days / month, so doing it manually now.
> I don't know what Math Engine is and didn't find anything about this feature online, where can I activate / deactivate it, and what it is supposed to do?
> Audio routing: well, I usually use loopback rogue amoeba software, to route audio through my Zoom call with friends, and I use Reloop / Mixtour controller from Algoriddim (I was using Hercules DJ Starlight before), usually sound goes then through USB from my laptop to my Yamaha MG mixer, where I listen with my Headphone.
> Where is Autogain please, just so I know?

I just tried again between VirtualDJ and VLC, and this time around it was the same between the two...
Maybe it's something in Zoom, but I have deactivated all the dedicated voice alogrithm, as I'm playing music and voice through it.

I will test with VirtualDJ2021 during my next Zoom call and will let you know if I still experience the issue.

Thanks!

Posté Mon 27 Jul 20 @ 4:55 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)