Connexion rapide:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Sujet Denon SC5000M oscillatory playback speed

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

jatoroHome userMember since 2006
Hi,

I have 2 Denon SC5000M units. When I saw the advertising that Virtual DJ gave native support to these units, I decided to download the BUILD 6106 trial version, but, what is my disappointment, when I encounter the following problem: Both players are connected, everything is displayed correctly on the screen, and the controls also interact properly. The problem comes when playing a track with the players connected. This track does not maintain a constant playback speed, it has jitters. This circumstance can be noticed and heard more clearly in an acapella.

This obviously has repercussions, which makes it even more serious, in that the mix never manages to be adjusted clearly (always by ear, manual beatmatching), even, from time to time, jumps occur.

However, it does not happen, if I disable the units and play directly with the on-screen controls.

Could someone else please tell me if it happens anyone more or what could it be due to?

Regards.

Posté Sun 20 Sep 20 @ 10:55 am
It happens to me also but only on Deck A and more like a slight warble sound that is more noticable with acapellas. I'm running 2 5000Ms and an X1800. I swapped the USB cables but the warble sound was still there. I also changed the players thinking it was an issue with the player. Still no luck when I physically switched around the players. It's definitely a VDJ issue. I don't have the issue using other DJ software.

btw, I'm running all the latest software and firmware updates.

Posté Mon 21 Sep 20 @ 9:19 pm
Hi @ez2dealwit,

Thank you for sharing your experience and confirming that this bug occurs to someone else.

The truth is, I don't understand how it happens to you in just only on Deck A.

I have come from doing the appropriate tests and it happens to me in all cases Decks, A, B, C, D ... and with the 2 Denon SC5000M units, changing the USB cable and doing all the possible combinations. It happens to me in 100% of the cases.

What you call "a slight warble sound" which gives the impression of being something insignificant for you, for me it translates, into a tremendous failure of "no constant speed playback", even, as I said in my initial post, in addition to desynchronizing the mix, it often produces jumps in playback , which definitely destroy it. Of course, sounding horrible.

I'm also running all the latest software (VDJ Trial) and firmware updates.

Regards.

Posté Tue 22 Sep 20 @ 5:22 pm
jatoro wrote :
Hi @ez2dealwit,

What you call "a slight warble sound" which gives the impression of being something insignificant for you, for me it translates, into a tremendous failure of "no constant speed playback", even, as I said in my initial post, in addition to desynchronizing the mix, it often produces jumps in playback , which definitely destroy it. Of course, sounding horrible.

I only call it a "slight warble" because that is what it sounds like. It does sound horrible. It was way worse on all decks before I updated everything. I tried tweaking the bit rate and latency but that didn't help. I also made sure the operating system sound card was set as default like I read in a few other posts. I uninstalled and reinstalled VDJ. Nothing I tried worked. I'm hoping the next update will solve the issue. I like VDJ better than any of the other software out there.

Posté Tue 22 Sep 20 @ 9:03 pm
Ok. I also tried everything, but only desperately. I have even been downloading all the betas, to see if it did not happen in any of them.

In any case, I have to tell you that it makes no sense to think that the problem may reside in the computer or in the sound card (in my case, mixars quattro) settings, drivers, tweaking, optimize..., from the moment, as I said in my first post, that if you disconnect the Denon SC5000M units, and only interact with the controls through the computer mouse on the screen, this problem we are talking about, non-constant speed of playback, desynchronization, or, as you call it: "warble", DISAPPEARS.

It is definitely a VDJ bug.

Posté Wed 23 Sep 20 @ 6:13 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
We are looking at this.
For the records, even though VDJ sets the speed of the motors correctly, it seems that they cant always keep a steady speed, so appears to be a hardware issue.
We will try to find a software solution.

Posté Wed 23 Sep 20 @ 6:41 am
Ok @djdad, thanks for reply.

I follow the https://denondjforum.com/ daily. In it, the evolution of the integration of the Prime series with Virtual DJ has been commented, the time that has taken the 2 companies (Atomix + Denon), in close collaboration, to debug the development toolkit (SDK) and finally achieve official support of these devices, such as mine, SC5000M.

The truth is that it would be a shame if this enormous work, which presents itself with great potential, was damaged by something like that.

I would appreciate it if you would tell me @djdad, if you would like me to open an issue on the denondj forum, to investigate this issue that you seem to attribute to a "hardware issue".

The two devices cost me a significant amount of money, also now with the release of the Denon SC6000M, so that this great failure is not corrected (if there is a solution) and the corresponding patch or update is published.

I am also waiting for your news, if your developers team can solve this failure in a future update or beta of VirtualDJ.

Please let me know, here, in this post, for example, to test it. I am very interested, because the truth is that, with the exception of this speed failure in the engine, I have been surprised by the integration and interaction with the device screens.

Congratulations and encouragement to fix it.

A greeting.

Posté Wed 23 Sep 20 @ 10:09 am
djdad wrote :
We are looking at this.
For the records, even though VDJ sets the speed of the motors correctly, it seems that they cant always keep a steady speed, so appears to be a hardware issue.
We will try to find a software solution.

Hi,

The Beta published yesterday: BUILD 6150 (2020-10-31), does not solve this issue and serious problem of full and official integration of SC5000M units between VDJ and Denon SDK. I can imagine that the issue also occurs with the new SC6000M units, since it is practically the same Engine OS.

Please @djdad, could you tell us if you plan to correct it and by when?

It seems like it's taking too long. What could be causing this delay?

Thank you.

Posté Sun 01 Nov 20 @ 11:12 am
Yes, I have the same problem with Rane Twelve MK2 in USB mode. Its not just an Atomix <-> Denon issue, its also an Atomix <-> Rane issue. We can also say its just an Atomix issue :c)

Posté Sun 01 Nov 20 @ 3:42 pm
Had this same thing occurring with my SC6000m and Rane Twelve mk2 today. VDJ is useless with them.

Posté Mon 01 Mar 21 @ 4:06 am
Hi,

I have to say in defense of the big and great work of the Virtual DJ development team, that this issue stopped occurring since the BUILD 6167 version (2020-11-17) -Improvements for controllers with motorized jog wheels.

It is true that in my case it persisted in certain circumstances. Finally I discovered that the problem was in the characteristics of my MSI GE62 Apache Pro equipment:
Intel® Core ™ i7 6700HQ processor
Embedded NVIDIA® GeForce GTX 960M 2GB GDDR5 graphics with higher performance.

About the MSI laptops there are users who have reported problems with updating the drivers (in the end they only had the option to install the ones published by the manufacturer on its page, to avoid errors, poor performance and incompatibilities of windows 10), and, on the other hand, the management and balance, between CPU power , GPU and graphics card memory is lousy.
I have tried a friend's computer:
Lenovo Legion 5 15ARH05
AMD Ryzen 7 4800H
16 GB
512GB SSD
GTX 1650 / 15.6

And with this laptop no problem at all (stability, very high performance and no crashing problems).

I'm still checking the beta versions because Virtual DJ doesn´t stop introduce new changes and improvements, and waiting a while to save and switch laptops, but i am sure to buy a Virtual DJ license.

I totally recommend it for use with Denon SC5000/M units (which are the ones I have), and I imagine the SC6000/M as well.

It is a much more efficient option to work with Virtual DJ in conjunction with these Denon SC5000/M units, than the native Engine OS software. I have recently tested last version officially published, 1.6.0 and practically nothing has been done to improve the analysis of the tracks, elastic beatgrid management and BPM correction directly from units, the information on the screen etc. A horrible and useless update, after a year of work. The only thing that they have been interested in is including streaming and hosting services like Dropbox, which I suspect are looking for profitability and getting commission.

Posté Mon 01 Mar 21 @ 7:20 am
Jatoro: thanks for your last post. This info really helps. I'm a long tyme VDJ guy and I've been looking to purchase the denon sc5000m's but I've been worried how they work with vdj no videos on utube. So I've been searching the forums here & on Facebook for real user feedback. So you said with the latest update from denon 1.6. Something. It didnt really fix anything ? Like analysis of the track we load onto the decks ?

Posté Mon 01 Mar 21 @ 12:51 pm
user9185024 wrote :
Had this same thing occurring with my SC6000m and Rane Twelve mk2 today. VDJ is useless with them.

The issues have already been fixed
So your issues must be something else

Posté Mon 01 Mar 21 @ 12:53 pm
@djtyme209 Perhaps i have not explained me well regarding the latest Engine OS 1.6.0 update that incorporates the drives.

Two different things are covered here. The integration of Virtual DJ with Denon SC5000 / M and the autonomous operation of the unit with its own software called Engine OS.

From my experience I can tell you that this operating system is very primitive and simple, compared to Virtual DJ, so just, to get out of the way, I would use it. And the Denon DJ development team is unable to make improvements on it. It has already been checked.

Unquestionably after the native support of Virtual DJ with the Denon SDK, the difference between handling it as a controller and as a standalone unit is impressive. The handling and functionalities offered by Virtual DJ in terms of music library management and track analysis is perfect and ultra-ergonomic, while, on the contrary, Engine OS, even in its latest version, has not advanced anything in this regard. They have been programming for more than a year in this new version 1.6.0 without being able to improve the Beats BPM and grid detection algorithm, which, although they advertise "Added Flexible Beat Grid support" it cannot be managed directly from the unit, it has to be with the computer. All this has also completely disappointed me and has opted definitely for VDJ, when I save a little money.

I highly recommend, if it is your whim, the purchase of 2 units Denon SC5000M even if they are refurbished or second hand. With Virtual DJ they are a joy to play, it is perfect and fantastic.

Enjoy it soon.

Posté Mon 01 Mar 21 @ 7:42 pm
They are not fixed. Issue is with your software. Restart did nothing as did increasing the audio latency (which I shouldn't have to do). I switched to Serato dj with a lower audio latency setting and the twelve worked flawlessly. The display to the 6000m also updates waaay too slowly and takes sometimes 1 to 2 seconds to update the bpm.

Also have a friend having terrible trouble on his pc. 2021 is still a buggy mess imho.

Posté Tue 02 Mar 21 @ 9:43 pm
LUKE.ANNETT wrote :
They are not fixed. Issue is with your software. Restart did nothing as did increasing the audio latency (which I shouldn't have to do). I switched to Serato dj with a lower audio latency setting and the twelve worked flawlessly. The display to the 6000m also updates waaay too slowly and takes sometimes 1 to 2 seconds to update the bpm.

Also have a friend having terrible trouble on his pc. 2021 is still a buggy mess imho.

I think that none of us who have participated in this thread understand or know what you are talking about.

Denon SC5000M drives are not used as a sound card, so they can`t have audio latency problems.

In any case, the problem would be in the mixer or controller device that did the sound card functions.

I still affirm that the Virtual DJ integration, in my case, works perfectly with my Denon SC5000M units, and when, after correcting the drifting problem, on some occasion it persisted, it was a problem with the characteristics of my computer. Regarding the operation of the SC6000M units, I cannot comment, because I have not had the luck to test them.

It would be interesting if before reporting a bug, you indicate the context (equipment, computer with its characteristics, operating system, etc.)

Any detail, even if it may seem insignificant, could affect.

Posté Wed 03 Mar 21 @ 11:20 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)