Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet Licencing Questions

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Hey all,

I've been a long time user of Traktor Pro but as I can't utilise the full features of Soundswitch with it I'm looking for new software.

I have a pair of Numark NDX 800s' and I've been looking at the licences available. As I don't need to go overboard with the licencing (I play at home, don't earn any money from what I'm doing, etc) I'm looking at the home plus licence.

As it states 'registered controller only' does that mean I will have to purchase two licences to use both of my Numarks or would one licence be sufficient for both controllers?
Also, the price is either 49 or 99 dollars, what's the difference?

Also as my machine is 64 bit but I'm running Windows 7, which version would be the best for me in order to have compatability with Windows yet still have the OS2L functionality?

Sorry for the questions, hope someone can help.

Sel

Posté Wed 25 Nov 20 @ 10:49 am
Why would you need Soundswitch if you only play at home?

The difference in cost for the Plus license is based on the hardware. Certain hardware can be used with a $49 dollar license, but some requires a $99 license.

In addition, some hardware requires a Pro license - because it's considered professional.

This is the case for your hardware. There is no Home (Plus) license for the NDX800s. They require a Pro license.

VDJ is available in both 32 and 64 bit versions for PC, but the stems functionality is 64 bit only. The best option for you would be to upgrade your OS to Windows 10.

Posté Wed 25 Nov 20 @ 2:04 pm
That's a bit of an obtuse question, don't you think?

But if you really want to know I have a disco in my basement consisting of 2 x NDX 800, 2 x TT's and a DJM 700. I also have 2 lasers, 2 PAR cans, 2 moving head wash, 2 moving head spots and a 30 channel DMX LED controller which controls a custom wall behind the DJ booth. That's why I need SoundSwitch.

I've just checked the licencing and yeah, it looks like I'll need the PRO licence so I may go for that one then, I'll just have the 32 bit version as I have no need for STEMS or to install a whole new OS and mess with all of my files.

Posté Wed 25 Nov 20 @ 4:50 pm
It's a valid question, because many people claim to be using VDJ at home when in reality they're going out and earning money with it.

You may have a nice setup with eight lights, but there's no need to use pro DMX software at home.

Posté Wed 25 Nov 20 @ 6:01 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
groovindj wrote :
You may have a nice setup with eight lights, but there's no need to use pro DMX software at home.

That kind of argument quickly becomes nihilistic though... there's no need to do anything then...

Posté Wed 25 Nov 20 @ 6:15 pm
It's actually 18 lights, the 30 channel DMX controller is controlling 10 RGB LED strips.
So if I don't use software what other options do I have? Buy a DMX tabletop controller , isn't that more professional as I need to learn all of the values and channels? So who's going to be Dj'ing while I'm doing that? So yes, I NEED SoundSwitch.

The good thing about SoundSwitch is that I can analyse the waveforms of the music and let it do it's thing and it looks pretty. It's for my pleasure, like I said, I'm not trying to make any money out of this, I just want an enjoyable experience for myself and my friends at my house.

Regardless, I've subscribed to the PRO version and will test out options over the coming months. If all is good I'll just buy the Pro Infinity licence.

Posté Thu 26 Nov 20 @ 6:26 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)