Connexion rapide:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Sujet Make cue behave like on CDJs

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

On CDJs you can only set the cue point when the track is paused, not when it's playing, which means you can't set the cue point while scratching or just holding down the jogwheel to stop the track. In VDJ, as soon as you touch or push down on the platter, pressing the cue button will set instead of revert to it.
How can i replicate this behaviour in VDJ for training purposes?

Posté Thu 17 Dec 20 @ 2:29 pm
Remap your cue button to:
touchwheel_touch ? goto_cue : pioneer_cue

Posté Fri 18 Dec 20 @ 4:01 am
Thank you very much!

Posté Sat 19 Dec 20 @ 3:04 pm
I've noticed this has the side effect of the slip indicator in the waveforms continuing to move forward when you use this once and then stop the track normally, even when you turn off the slip mode. Can i change the script to fix this?

Posté Mon 22 Mar 21 @ 11:38 am
Can you describe the EXACT steps to reproduce this so that I can see how it can be improved ?

Posté Mon 22 Mar 21 @ 12:58 pm
RanikiPRO InfinityMember since 2018
Hi Function DJ,

Don't know if this is exactly what you are looking for but I think that I may have produced the behaviour you are looking for in the past by using the following mapping:

Cue Button:
down ? cue ? play & set 'CuePreview' 1 : pause ? set_cue : nothing : play ? var_equal 'CuePreview' 1 ? stop & set 'CuePreview' 0 : set 'CuePreview' 0

Play Button:
var_equal 'CuePreview' 1 ? set 'CuePreview' 0 : play_pause

Basically:
If a deck is playing the cue button does nothing.
If the deck is not playing pushing the cue button sets a cue point. Pushing the cue point again and the track plays from that cue point as long as the button is pressed, but returns to the cue point if the button is released.... unless the play button is pressed which means the track just keeps playing....

Posté Mon 22 Mar 21 @ 3:22 pm
@PhantomDeejay @Raniki
I'm sorry, i actually commented in the wrong thread. PhantomDeejay's solution still works just fine!

Posté Wed 24 Mar 21 @ 10:39 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)