Connexion rapide:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Sujet Floating Windows resize depending on ... main window
NicotuxHome userMember since 2014
That's new, now it is not possible to give extra window a fixed size
It is now relative to main VDJ window

this is specially a problem when having multiple screens and not using fullscreen VDJ main window (i.e.: showing task bar or windowed)

Posté Sat 06 Feb 21 @ 10:14 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Not sure what you mean

Posté Sun 07 Feb 21 @ 4:23 am
i mean a 640x400 window will now show as 320x200 if the main VDJ window height and width are half the size the skin defines

Posté Sun 07 Feb 21 @ 5:00 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
You can still resize the window after opening though.

Also, it's been like this since at least 2017, so not sure what you mean by 'now'

Posté Sun 07 Feb 21 @ 6:00 am
Strange i notice this only this time, while uploading an old skin i used daily and maintain for nearly 8 years,
after some skins with up to 72 windows ^^

Is there a way to prevent this ? some kind of "absolute_size='true'" or resize="manualy"

Posté Sun 07 Feb 21 @ 6:41 am
Nicotux I cannot reproduce that issue. I made VDJ fill a quarter of one screen and opened the detached browser on another screen.
Once the browser is opened, it can easily be resized to full screen of second monitor, while the VDJ main deck is small.

And once floating browser is resized. The floating browser can be opened and closed to full screen size, from the small VDJ on other monitor.

Don't know if that is what you are asking about.

Posté Sun 07 Feb 21 @ 1:01 pm
In fact it"s only at first use of a floating window or full reset size (doubleclick bottom right corner)
specially visible when window is initially visible :
- window the main window
- open the floating window : it have a resized size
- fullscreen VDJ main window : the floating window takes the size in skin
- go back to windowed mode : the floating window resizes accordingly
- go back to fullscreen : floating window resizes too

as Adion said, window can resize the floating window then sizes are stored in settings
but as long as default size is in use, floating window will resize

i really don't remember having saw that before window element get use full of class (recent addition)
but i did more test since, and most of the time i resize floating windows to my need, but during tests

Posté Sun 07 Feb 21 @ 1:54 pm
definitively strange, switching from fullscreen to maximized :
floating windows (shown="no") take the size relative to "windowed" then they do not auto resize anymore
floating windows (shown="yes") keep the defined size but will auto resize as main window resizes

Posté Sun 07 Feb 21 @ 7:27 pm
dustycatControlleristMember since 2016
I'm always resizing the floating window (BPM, Cleaner, POI, or Automix) to the width of my screen.
Is this a clue to the way (via script?) to do this every time I open each of those floating windows?

Thanks!

Posté Mon 05 Jul 21 @ 10:25 pm