Connexion rapide:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Sujet VDJ 2021 help please. In CD mode, nudging with jogwheels bends the key.

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

cryptoDJControlleristMember since 2017
It wasn’t like that before. I tried VDJ8 in CD mode and nudging with jogwheels does not bend the key, no wow effect like nudging vinyl. I don’t know why it started doing this.

Posté Tue 02 Mar 21 @ 8:00 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
It's been like that since first release of vdj 8

Posté Tue 02 Mar 21 @ 11:15 am
WTH?? that No-Wow effect was so amazing to me when I used VDJ8 for the first time. Like I said, I just tested VDJ8 just today, now Wow. VDJ2021 didn’t have it either until yesterday. Or maybe I just haven’t noticed till now. Thanks for the reply, tho. I’ll do video comparisons and show you. Can I post links to my video files on my google drive here?

Posté Tue 02 Mar 21 @ 11:37 am
Not sure what you meant by "bending the key", but I guess you could try with master tempo off

Posté Tue 02 Mar 21 @ 12:49 pm
Hi, RUNE! I guess I meant Pitch Bending. Pitch or Key, what is the difference? When you press a key on a synth keyboard, it's in "key" but you that bend that key/pitch up or down with the "pitch-bend" toggle which is normally located on the left side of the device. it's late here so I hope I can explain better tomorrow. Thanks for the reply!

Posté Tue 02 Mar 21 @ 1:12 pm
ah the comparison to a keyboard made me see what you meant.. ;-)

Might not make sense when nudging a song in a DJ software, since you want it to be as smooth sounding as possible when you adjust a song off beat. (although in theory it could perhaps if master tempo was off)

But your "effect" can be achieved other ways probably. Such as using the Pitch Audio FX
(and in next update of VirtualDJ you can use the Pitch Audio FX on vocal only, and thats pretty cool)
And could even map to the jogwheel or bend, for example with Shift + button (or jog)

But not sure if that was somewhat similar to what you had in mind

Posté Tue 02 Mar 21 @ 1:24 pm

Posté Wed 03 Mar 21 @ 4:19 am
FIXED! I really value the zero-wow feature because I still mix by ear. I don’t always spin electronic music so I have no use for the sync button all the time. So I took a chance and reinstalled 2021. I was afraid of having to reset the whole thing.. it turned out that my settings remained! But still no joy. And then I remembered seeing a “Reset All” button in the Options and Tweak section. I was hesitant but I was desperate so I pressed that panic button and all is now well. I’m still wondering how the wow problem started because I don’t remember tweaking anything lately. I hope it doesn’t happen again. Whatever tweaks that I lost will come up again to remind me to change it back at inconvenient times, but oh well… thanks for the replies, guys.

Posté Wed 03 Mar 21 @ 8:34 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)