Connexion rapide:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Sujet Rane Twelve platters stops
I have been experiencing the PLATTER issues since last year with my TWELVES/AZUZ laptop. November 2020 I upgraded to the MSI GP65 LEOPAD 9SE GAMING LAPTOP yet the platters of the twelves stops at the middle of mix, even when I'm on live broadcast. its a nightmare. I think its VIRTUALDJ issues.

Posté Tue 09 Mar 21 @ 11:18 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
When they stop, pressing PLAY again on the TWELVES, do they start working again, or have to restart VDJ ?
Are you using a powered USB hub or all connected straight to computer ?
Does it happen at random times or after specific time or action ?

What mixer/sound card are you using ? If your mixer has dual USB , do you have the other computer running VDJ/Serato at the time the 12s stop ?

Posté Tue 09 Mar 21 @ 11:36 pm
1. When they stop, I press the play button again immediately it plays at a very high BPM so, I have to restart VDJ again.
2. Both the Rane Twelves are connected to my Rane Seventy Mixer and the Seventy goes straight to the Laptop (MSI ).
3. It happens at random, whether I'm doing a live broadcast, in the middle of recording my sets, and sometimes when I'm not busy on the hardware but just listening to my recorded sets. Pressing the play button it automatically picks at a very high TEMPO, which means I must restart VDJ.
4. Your last question- Like I explained before all twelve are connected to the Rane Seventy and only the Rane Seventy is connected to the new MSI game laptop ( SSD 250GB, HDD 1000GB, RAM 16GB). All my Music are stored in the external mass storage device( Seagate 3TB)..
I only use one computer and only VDJ, I don't use Serato DJ at all I'm not a fan of the Serato DJ.

Posté Wed 10 Mar 21 @ 11:22 pm
When they stop and you press play again, can you move the pitch slider and see if the deck recovers or not ?

Posté Thu 11 Mar 21 @ 8:09 am
@PHANTOMDEEJAY, Yes severely when it stops and I press play again, I can move the PITCH its response but the WAVEFORM is scattered that I struggle to beat match both decks together so, I'm left with to end whatever I'm doing to restart VDJ or I eject the track from the particular deck that's involved at the moment and reload again. I was thinking it a computer issue since I upgraded from ASUS LAPTOP to the MSI GP65 LEOPARD and the same still occurs. it's either the right deck or the left deck. If there's a way you or DJDAD can do TEAM VIEW with me to help resolve this long issue so we can fix a day and time, please. Thanks

Posté Thu 11 Mar 21 @ 3:16 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Since it's completely random, we need to reproduce here while monitoring some data. We have the same controllers you have (but not the same laptop), so we'll give a try and let you know.

Posté Thu 11 Mar 21 @ 3:40 pm
@DJDAD, Ok but remember that I was on the ASUS laptop and because of this issue I moved to a more and aggressive laptop the MSI and the issue still persists. I never had this issue when I used the NUMARK NV/ASUS laptop for 3 years plus before upgrading all hardware October last year. Thanks for your concerns and hoping for a better result. VDJ all the way!

Posté Thu 11 Mar 21 @ 7:10 pm
I have the same issue happen more and more often on both platter;
and the same thing on SERATO. other people report this issue on Rane Forum.
it seems there is a firmware update but only Rane can do it

Posté Mon 29 Mar 21 @ 11:00 pm
DJ ARI-G 1 wrote :
@DJDAD, Ok but remember that I was on the ASUS laptop and because of this issue I moved to a more and aggressive laptop the MSI and the issue still persists. I never had this issue when I used the NUMARK NV/ASUS laptop for 3 years plus before upgrading all hardware October last year. Thanks for your concerns and hoping for a better result. VDJ all the way!

No need to restart virtual DJ
turn the computer selection to B and back to A :everything remain Normal
i used XMG DJ15 PC on Windows 10 professional x64
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10510U CPU @ 1.80GHz 2.30 GHz 16,0 Go
don't think is a computer issue neither.
i sent an email to Rane support i expecting an answer

Posté Mon 29 Mar 21 @ 11:12 pm
Thanks for this. I have the same issue. I am going to talk with Rane about this. I don't see a firmware update for the 12's on the Rane site.

Posté Sun 30 May 21 @ 7:11 pm
musicbycsharp wrote :
Thanks for this. I have the same issue. I am going to talk with Rane about this. I don't see a firmware update for the 12's on the Rane site.

Yes an update is needed.

Posté Mon 31 May 21 @ 9:55 am
I thought i was the only one experiencing this... its frustrating having to restart virtual dj... at first i thought i was the usb, then maybe the power cords... sometimes removed my mac charger made it better... but sometimes this doesnt work... its something to do with the ranes... sad that there is no update!

Posté Fri 16 Jul 21 @ 3:58 am
@AMUSHUMBUSI, very sad till now Rane has no updates for twelves.

Posté Fri 16 Jul 21 @ 10:32 am
Are we talking about Rane Twelve, or Twelve MKII ?

If anyone of you is willing to help please send me a PM. I' ll have a test mapping ready in a few hours to check if some recent software updates can improve performance of those decks.

Posté Fri 16 Jul 21 @ 12:29 pm
Its the Rane twelve second edition that I brought to this forum please. Do you have any solution?

Posté Fri 16 Jul 21 @ 12:32 pm
Send me your email via PM and I will contact you later once I have some files ready with some instructions

Posté Fri 16 Jul 21 @ 12:38 pm
for me it's version 1 of the rane 12s. I had not used them in a few months because of a rane 72 issue. But I did use them again tonight for a livestream using another mixer. And they stopped on me twice within 1.5 hours. fortunately, I was able to just press the start/stop button and they came right back. But it's still an issue :(

Posté Sat 14 Aug 21 @ 7:11 am
Yes its cruel issue, it happened again at home last week while practicing for my just concluded wedding gig which i had on 21/08/2021.

Posté Mon 23 Aug 21 @ 1:02 pm