Connexion rapide:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Sujet DDJ1000-slipButtonLed setting has no effect

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

The DDJ-1000 has a few "hardware" settings that are sent to the unit and processed by the controller and not the DJ software.

Atomix have probably just copied the "specs" of options that are available for this controller, but in the factory default mapping, the slip mode LED is already configured to blink anyway, so this setting doesn't really do anything.

In order to make this option work for everyone, the factory default mapping would simply need to remove the "blink" from the slip mode LED script.

However, this will cause the slip button to blink out of sync to all other LEDs because this blinking is done by the unit, and not by VDJ.

Posté Wed 24 Mar 21 @ 10:58 am
Not exactly...
The SLIP button in VirtualDJ default mapping will blink ONLY when the deck is slipping.
Also the LED_SLIP code is NOT what actually controls if the led will generally blink or not.

So,
Case 1:
Slib button blink setting off:
Slip button led will do whatever the LED_SLIP code tells it to do. It will blink when the deck is slipping, and it will stay on when slip_mode is active but the deck is not slipping (action get_slip_active)

Case 2:
Slip button blink setting on:
Slip button will blink when slip mode is active regardless if the deck is slipping or not
The key that controls it is not visible by default, but if you open the mapper with an XML editor (or a text editor) you shall find it: <map value="DNC_SLIP_BLINK" action="slip_mode" />

Finally: We always map the SLIP leds on controllers to blink when a deck is slipping.
When we map new controllers while we try to stay as close as we can to original operation, we still allow ourselves to tweak things that we believe that should be better working in another way.
That's why we map the SLIP led to blink when a deck is slipping (and the led allows us to do so), because we believe it provides better feedback to the users.

Posté Wed 24 Mar 21 @ 11:39 am
Ohhh i see it now. I think the reason that my Slip Mode LED was always blinking was another script for the play button for replicating the CDJ's slip behaviour, which makes VDJ think that the deck is always slipping (the slip marker doesn't go away).

I restartet and checked again with the factory default mapping and the behaviour is just as you described and the setting has an effect. Thank you for letting me know in detail, and sorry for my misconception =)

Posté Wed 24 Mar 21 @ 1:14 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)