Connexion rapide:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Sujet Setting hotkeys to a global state

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Now that I am using 2 monitors to stream and mix with, is there anyay that I can have the hotkeys always be active regardless of where the focus is at on either screen and which window was tapped in last. OBS has it so their hotkeys never are disabled when not in focus. How can I get this done so I can save time and not having to touch the mouse?

Posté Fri 16 Apr 21 @ 6:43 pm
There's no way to make VirtualDJ shortcuts (hotkeys) global and TBH I find it a very bad idea/design (to have the hotkeys always active for a program even if it doesn't have focus)

The only way I can think of, is to use AutoHotkey application if you're using windows.
It's a program that can tap to your keyboard and let you remap it.
It has it's own scripting language that should allow you to trick OBS and pass keys on VirtualDJ, but it's not going to be a "zero configuration" solution.
You'll have to do your homework if you are serious about getting this to work.

Posté Sat 17 Apr 21 @ 2:06 pm
Thx Phantom I'll look into it. The issue I have is when I am streaming I will constantly be between the windows whenever I'm not mixin cuz that's a very little amount of time and when I hit a key I expect it to work inside VDJ but infact does nothing. I started yanking the mouse or pointer hard to the left and up so it doesnt click any transport buttons all to get the window in focus.....like they say.... "THERE'S GOT TO BE A BETTER WAY!"

Posté Thu 29 Apr 21 @ 3:06 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
A plugin could probably do it, are you windows or mac? windows I could make something.

Posté Thu 29 Apr 21 @ 7:10 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)