Connexion rapide:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Sujet Alpha Channel videos in the sampler - HAP
MHand7Home userMember since 2016
I'm currently using Serato with mix emergency for a big video DJ show. However I've been looking at VDJ for a while and I can get pretty much the same functionality I need if I utilise the sampler playing videos. However, I have one major issue which no matter which way I test it or export, I can't get to work, if I use HAP videos the file blurs as it moves, kind of like a posterisation of time or visual delay effect. It's pretty much unusable! Is it a frame rate issue, do HAP samples have to match the playing video for example or is it a known issue?
I can use ProRes 4444 and use the transparency dial to give me a relatively clean cut, but it's high on the CPU and if I need to push and overlap a few videos, I fear it may not perform well.
I've attached 2 screen shots, one as an example with the Pro Res 4444 and one is the HAP with the remnants of the logo still trailing in
Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.
Also as a side note, I have to turn the transparency dial slightly even though the clip has an alpha channel? Is this correct, does the slightest amount remove the BG?
Thanks

Posté Mon 17 May 21 @ 1:45 pm
MHand7Home userMember since 2016
So, an update on this - it works perfectly fine on VJD 2018. A friend of mine has an older install and they work. He then updated to 2021 version and he gets the echo trails. Any help would be appreciated

Posté Thu 03 Jun 21 @ 8:50 pm
NicotuxHome userMember since 2014
VDJ2018 64bit does exactly the same (as well as some other rendering issues)
default VDJ2018 32bit works fine

this is DX11 vs DX9

default VDJ 2021 64bit have the same issues
VDJ 2021 32bit was not tested because I do not have samples doing it here, but other rendering problems are not present
may be interesting to test

Posté Thu 03 Jun 21 @ 9:14 pm
He's on mac, so DirectX isnt relevant, neither is 32-bit

Try metal on/off in VirtualDJ settings see if that makes any difference

No issues with HAP in sampler my end, using Windows and latest 64-bit VirtualDJ 2021 with DirectX 11 on a modern GPU

Posté Thu 03 Jun 21 @ 10:01 pm
NicotuxHome userMember since 2014

Posté Thu 03 Jun 21 @ 11:25 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Problem found, it will be fixed in the next update

Posté Fri 04 Jun 21 @ 7:01 am