Connexion rapide:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Sujet DDJ 400 headphone mixing knob (cue, master) is working wrong
I have bought a new console (DDJ 400) and I am considering to buy VDJ, either pro version or for one controller. Before that, I wanted to test my new DDJ 400 console with the VDJ. VDJ is installed on a system who has an internal soundcard with 7.1 capabilities. The audio setup of vdj is as follows:

master: Speaker Realtek Audio (WASAPI) - internal soundcard
headphones: Pioneer DDJ 400 - the console
mic: Realtek(R) Audio (WASAPI) - internal soundcard

All the cables are connected to THE computer, NOT to the console, excepting the headphones. I had this configuration for many years, obviously without DDJ 400 console, and worked like a charm. In fact my intention is to control VDJ with the console and the output be done with the computer, because it has an optic port and I want to use it to send the audio signal to it, and from there thru a bluetooth device and to the audio speakers, please do not try to convince me else, instead try to read all the way down and provide a solution. In this very moment I would be VERY satisfied if the normal audio, not the optic, (as selected in above config) would work.
In this config the knob VOLUME for headphones work as intended BUT the MIXING knob IS NOT. If I turn the MIXING knob to CUE position, I hear BOTH decks in headphones all the way and louder as I am reaching the CUE position. If I turn the MIXING knob to MASTER position, BOTH decks are fading out until I hear NOTHING on master position. There is any solution to make this knob to work as intended? Intended =
-middle knob position, both decks mixed in headphones;
-cue position just one deck in headphones
-master position the OTHER deck in headphones.
Thank you in advance vor the advice.

Posté Tue 25 May 21 @ 2:13 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Add another MASTER output and send it to the master channels of the HW

Posté Tue 25 May 21 @ 2:28 pm
What does it mean HW? The DDJ 400 console?

Posté Tue 25 May 21 @ 2:54 pm
Your sound setup is wrong.
Even if you want to use your computer audio as the main output, you still have to use the controller's sound interface because of the way it works.
The easiest way to achieve what you want is to use the factory default audio setup for your controller and just add a second master output where you will define your computer's built in sound interface (and also use the correct channels)
That's because the "headphones mix" knob works on hardware level and mixes the sound between channels 1+2 and 3+4 of the DDJ-400 soundcard.
This means that when you move this knob all the way to the right, the controller sends the audio of it's own channels 1+2 on your headphones, and you can do nothing to change that.
Therefore, you still need to "feed" the channels 1+2 with the "master" audio even if you don't use them

Posté Tue 25 May 21 @ 3:02 pm
PhantomDeejay, LocoDog. I will try all and post here if it is solved. Thank you very much for your time!
Hug guys!

Posté Tue 25 May 21 @ 4:08 pm
Solved!

master: DDJ-400 chan 1&2
headphones: DDJ 400 chan 3&4
master: Speaker Realtek Audio (WASAPI) - internal soundcard chan 1&2
mic: Realtek(R) Audio (WASAPI) - internal soundcard chan 1&2

The mic is connected to the console and the main sound output is through audiocard of the pc. The only minor problem is that the headphone sound is very slightly behind the main output.
Thank you for your solution. Hug guys.

Posté Thu 03 Jun 21 @ 12:41 pm