Connexion rapide:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Sujet Stems not working after update - Page: 1
I'm using the Pioneer DDJ SB3 and today virtual dj updated. Now the stems aren't working. I uninstalled and reinstalled and the problem is still there. Anyone else have this problem?

Posté Tue 29 Jun 21 @ 8:07 pm
 Best Answer
user23125252 wrote :
Had to reset the math engine again today. And then it took about 3 tries before it took and stayed on automatic. They need ro fix this. The stems are the only reason im using virtual dj

The latest update evaluate low-end computers that might have a suboptimal experience with stems, due to either slow stems load (if calculating stems on fly at song load on deck), or having little memory available. If such is detected the precomputeStems might be set to "only use precomputed", or mathEngine disabled if both low powered cpu and low memory. This to avoid any potential issues, such as intermediate "freezes" in skin and similar.

If you feel your computer is up for the tast, you can easily override this.
Check that mathengine is not disabled in VirtualDJ settings (set to CPU if it was disabled), then optionally set precomputeStems to "create manually" if you want stems to be created on the fly on song load or keep at "only use precomputed" if you rather want to generate stems prior to mixing at right-click in browser ("pre analyze" for stems ahead of using the file)

This "auto detection" of low end computers, might have been a bit too strict (or not).
Its being evaluated if it perhaps should be less strikt before the stems are "disabled" or "precompute only" as the default settings.

And either way, its easy to set back to use stems if you feel your computer is up for the task

Posté Wed 30 Jun 21 @ 6:34 pm[ selected best answer by PhantomDeejay on Wed 30 Jun 21 @ 8:12 pm ]
check mathEngine in VDJ settings, if it somehow got set to "disabled"

Posté Tue 29 Jun 21 @ 8:38 pm
Thank you so much. That did the trick

Posté Tue 29 Jun 21 @ 8:45 pm
user23125252 wrote :
I'm using the Pioneer DDJ SB3 and today virtual dj updated. Now the stems aren't working. I uninstalled and reinstalled and the problem is still there. Anyone else have this problem?

yep having same problem

Posté Tue 29 Jun 21 @ 8:57 pm
Dissy gurl wrote :

yep having same problem

check mathEngine in VDJ settings, if it somehow got set to "disabled". If so change back to automatic.
Did that fix it for you as well?

Posté Tue 29 Jun 21 @ 9:30 pm
Rune (DJ-In-Norway) wrote :

check mathEngine in VDJ settings, if it somehow got set to "disabled". If so change back to automatic.
Did that fix it for you as well?

no sadly not I have no idea why it went wrong only know it has been fine before it updated today thanks anyway

Posté Tue 29 Jun 21 @ 9:44 pm
soulkutzPRO SubscriberMember since 2021
Not working with my rane seventy either. It was fine last night but has stopped functioning altogether today. Math engine was disabled but setting it to automatic didn’t fix it.

Posté Wed 30 Jun 21 @ 12:09 am
Check if precomputeStems also got changed to "only use precomputed"

The update do have some detection for very low powered computers, what is your specs as far as Ram and CPU Cores goes?

Posté Wed 30 Jun 21 @ 1:17 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
user23320751 wrote :
Not working with my rane seventy either. It was fine last night but has stopped functioning altogether today. Math engine was disabled but setting it to automatic didn’t fix it.

Try to set it to CPU.

Posté Wed 30 Jun 21 @ 1:49 pm
That fixed the problem for me. Hopefully by next update this issue will be resolved.

Posté Wed 30 Jun 21 @ 2:53 pm
I'm using the pioneer s9 ..after the update the stems are not working

Posté Wed 30 Jun 21 @ 3:56 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
The DJM-S9 is having it's own hardware equalizer, so you cant apply Stems using the EQ knobs.
But you can still use the Stems Pads.
Depending on your computer's specs, try to set MathEngine to GPU or CPU

If still not working, please provide further details

Posté Wed 30 Jun 21 @ 4:00 pm
Had to reset the math engine again today. And then it took about 3 tries before it took and stayed on automatic. They need ro fix this. The stems are the only reason im using virtual dj

Posté Wed 30 Jun 21 @ 5:39 pm
Surely nothing should change between updates, but then there have been forced options before that have screwed people over?

Sonething's definitely wrong wth this update. Too much chat about issues.

Posté Wed 30 Jun 21 @ 5:42 pm
user23125252 wrote :

The latest update evaluate low-end computers that might have a suboptimal experience with stems, due to either slow stems load (if calculating stems on fly at song load on deck), or having little memory available. If such is detected the precomputeStems might be set to "only use precomputed", or mathEngine disabled if both low powered cpu and low memory. This to avoid any potential issues, such as intermediate "freezes" in skin and similar.

If you feel your computer is up for the tast, you can easily override this.
Check that mathengine is not disabled in VirtualDJ settings (set to CPU if it was disabled), then optionally set precomputeStems to "create manually" if you want stems to be created on the fly on song load or keep at "only use precomputed" if you rather want to generate stems prior to mixing at right-click in browser ("pre analyze" for stems ahead of using the file)

This "auto detection" of low end computers, might have been a bit too strict (or not).
Its being evaluated if it perhaps should be less strikt before the stems are "disabled" or "precompute only" as the default settings.

And either way, its easy to set back to use stems if you feel your computer is up for the task

Selected as best answer Posté Wed 30 Jun 21 @ 6:34 pm
Well at least for god sake tell people you've made that change. I agree with it as I've highlighted that issue before.

I'm absolutely sick of you making modifications and not listing them in the changelogs. Not professional at all. Why does this keep happening?

@Adion?

Posté Wed 30 Jun 21 @ 6:45 pm
go to settings precompute stems and check the box for create manually worked for me

Posté Wed 30 Jun 21 @ 7:16 pm
I get it but why did Atomix change things without appending the changelog? Why bother with it at all?

Posté Wed 30 Jun 21 @ 7:46 pm
thanks fam working now

Posté Wed 30 Jun 21 @ 10:51 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
It was a check that was supposed to only affect the slowest cpu's that would not be able to use stems effectively anyway and could therefore even lead to audio dropouts.
It did affect a bit more powerful dual-core cpu's as well which was not intended.
It only affects the automatic selection though, so as said in this topic it is still possible to manually select mathEngine and precomputeStems option. (And if you did have a manual selection before this update then the setting was not reset either but just kept the manual selection)

Anyway, the check has been reverted in build 6541 currently in EA and will soon be public as well.
Sorry for the inconvenience this has caused.

Posté Thu 01 Jul 21 @ 10:59 am
91%