Connexion rapide:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Sujet Problem with Back to Back AutoDJ - Page: 1
AnnaDakPRO InfinityMember since 2021
Hi, I recorded a live DJ set which I then split into tracks using labels in Audacity. I imported the individual tracks into AutoDJ and chose back to back with no gaps. I want it to play smoothly through the track changes, however there is a small, but noticeable (to me) click/pause thing at the change. If I try this in any other player, there is no click so its not the files, its definitely only happening in VDJ. Latest version.

Any ideas?

Posté Sat 21 Aug 21 @ 3:19 am
Hello,
It's not just the latest version.
I have always had this problem with VDJ.
It had been reported a long time ago, but the problem still persists.

Hope one day this will be corrected

Posté Sat 21 Aug 21 @ 11:03 am
and I don't know why, I have some split mixes that go well and others not !?

Posté Sat 21 Aug 21 @ 11:17 am
I have to ask - if the original recording was gapless and you want it to play back that way, why split it?

Posté Sat 21 Aug 21 @ 2:00 pm
An example:
you buy a "Café del Mar" style compilation which is already mixed.
Sometimes you want to play the full compilation, but sometimes you want to play just one track from that album.

Posté Sat 21 Aug 21 @ 2:35 pm
PRESTIGE SONORISATION wrote :
sometimes you want to play just one track

Mark through the mixed version using cue points to show where each track is, then you can skip to those points.

Posté Sat 21 Aug 21 @ 3:03 pm
No Groovin;

1 - With the equivalent of an album, we generally have about 20 tracks.
So we don't have enough cue points to do it,

2 - if you save individual titles, you can find them by doing a search.
If it's drowned in a mix ...
It's impossible to search, find and play.

Groovin, no need to post messages with non-solutions!

Posté Sat 21 Aug 21 @ 3:43 pm
we don't have enough cue points to do it

Yes you do. The old VDJ limit was 99 cue points per track. Now it's far more than that (over 2 billion per track).

if you save individual titles, you can find them by doing a search

You can do the same thing with a mixed track. List the titles in a tag, then as long as you have search enabled for that tag [i.e. comments] you can find any title.

no need to post messages with non-solutions

They are all solutions - if you're prepared to use them.

Posté Sat 21 Aug 21 @ 3:49 pm
No, no, no Groovin (aarrgghh):

If you only have one single file with your 20, 30 or 40 songs:

1 - you cannot import an individual title on a usb key, or in a playlist, make a copy in a folder ...

2 - Ok, you, you put 1 cue point to locate each titles on your big mix ...
But me, I put 3, 4, 5, 6 or more cue points on each of my music.... ( so, it's unmanageable)

3- your unique file has a name, so when you search for a title, with your technique, hello to find this title in the browser ...
(I would like you to show me a screenshot or a short video of your "solution")

Posté Sat 21 Aug 21 @ 5:19 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Most of the already mixed music is not very usable individually anyway, so you need the single versions of those songs as well anyway.
I agree here that the best way to keep the mix together is to just have it as a single file.
If you need the individual songs it's much better to get the original versions of those.

Posté Sat 21 Aug 21 @ 5:23 pm
Initially it was all about the small gaps, but as I offer you ways around that, you keep adding more and more obstacles.

If you keep moving the goalposts then no one is going to be able to offer you a solution.

Posté Sat 21 Aug 21 @ 5:25 pm
It is not only to me that you do not seek to provide a solution, but especially to Funkcanna who started this post to talk about the problem of gaps between songs.
And also to all users who encounter this problem.

For Adion:
"Most of the already mixed music is not very usable individually"
This is not always true, it depends.

".. so you need the single versions of those songs as well anyway."
Sometimes, on long mixes or certain compilations, there are tracks that cannot be found.

"I agree here that the best way to keep the mix together is to just have it as a single file."
It is absolutely not practical. Except for simply playing mixed compilations in a loop to listen to non-stop music at home.

"If you need the individual songs it's much better to get the original versions of those."
As I said, some titles or edits are sometimes not found.

For Groovin:
"Initially it was all about the small gaps, but as I offer you ways around that, you keep adding more and more obstacles.
If you keep moving the goalposts then no one is going to be able to offer you a solution. "

Exactly. Initially, the question was about the gaps between songs.
And it is you who comes to explain that we do not care because it is useless according to you !!!
And you call it providing solutions !!

Personally, I just confirmed to Funkcanna the problem of the gaps between songs.
I will no longer wear myself out writing one more post to read these kinds of replies.

Adion, the resolution or not of the gap problem is up to you.
I don't know if you can or want to solve this problem.

Groovin, no need to answer me.

Regards

Posté Sat 21 Aug 21 @ 6:12 pm
I need this feature to work because its a flowing DJ mix ive already done, and I want to it play through while also displaying track names (which ive assigned to each cut piece via Audacity). I can sure play one long mp3, but theres no way to have the track ID displayed.

Regardless of the reasons, surely a feature thats back to back and no gaps, should play back to back with no gaps.

Posté Sun 22 Aug 21 @ 6:37 am
Which automix settings do you currently use?

Posté Sun 22 Aug 21 @ 7:00 am
None (Back to Back)

Posté Mon 23 Aug 21 @ 1:29 am
When the song ends, the file is saved with the beginning of the next song. This new song is missing the part saved with the old song.

Automix Type None (or whatever, no improvement)
Auto Mix Length 0 (or higher, no difference)

recordAutoSplit Yes

Posté Mon 23 Aug 21 @ 7:35 am
Which file format are you both using? Mp3 is not recommended since it does not store the length of the song with sample precision.

Posté Mon 23 Aug 21 @ 9:11 am
MP3 Adion

Posté Mon 23 Aug 21 @ 9:15 am
Ive tried WAV and MP3, files were cut in Audacity.

Posté Wed 25 Aug 21 @ 12:42 am
Tested with flac, same story

Posté Wed 25 Aug 21 @ 8:39 am
80%