Connexion rapide:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Sujet Random total Audio Drop out while track still continues playing
247joePRO InfinityMember since 2008
Hi guys been using VDJ for years but last night for first time ever the audio just dropped out of the playing track for anywhere between 3-10 seconds then returned without warning but exactly the right place as the track was still playing (ie. not frozen).... It happened a good 10 or 12 times & in both players A & B so no pattern to it.... would play 3 songs fine then bang at the start middle or end there was no guessing when it happened next??
It was VDJ8 pro licence running on Windows 10 without any controller so just the laptop.
I've done over 300 shows on the laptop & never had this before so I was caught out big time
not been able to upgrade to VDJ 2021 due to laptop age & settings
Any help is greatly appreciated & please go gentle on me tech term wise been doing this for years but still a huge techno phobe

Posté Sun 22 Aug 21 @ 8:12 am
sure it was 3-10 seconds? that really really long.. and not sure what that could be.

If its just short drop outs (half a second or less), it might just be the audio buffer that runs out.
If so, just set higher buffer. If using Asio drivers, set the latency/buffer there, and if not set value at the latency setting in VirtualDJ. Good values to try are 256 or 512

Should that not fix it, can try this tool that is good at detecting problems with real time audio
https://www.resplendence.com/latencymon

Posté Sun 22 Aug 21 @ 12:48 pm
Thanks mate.... But yeah audio drop out wasn't just a quick blip longest one went on forever then cam back in. It was awful as the crowd all groaned then just started chatting then boom back in again until it happened a couple of songs later..... Like i say no mixer plugged in just laptop connected to PA mixer via USB soundcard.
I'll take a look at the link you posted

Posté Mon 23 Aug 21 @ 9:39 am
sounds like the USB sound card lost connection. you could try a new USB cable.
maybe update the drivers for that USB sound card as well.

Posté Mon 23 Aug 21 @ 12:32 pm
USB Soundcard is very basic but been very efficent its Behringer UCA series they're just plug & play USB then RCA / phono in the box which go to my PA mixer channel for laptop

Posté Mon 23 Aug 21 @ 1:04 pm