Connexion rapide:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Sujet Keyboard Mapping Gone - 8.5 b6609 update
c18ccPRO InfinityMember since 2014
Updated to b6609, and now my entire keyboard mapping is gone. Not even available in the dropdown menu. I went into a database backup, and copied a previous version of my custom mapping, but only some of the key mappings respond. Any insight? Will going back to a previous build fix this issue?

2019 MacBook Pro 16"
2.3 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9
Catalina 10.15.7

Posté Wed 25 Aug 21 @ 6:58 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Any specific keys that don't work? Are they still listed in the mapper? Does it show if you press the key in the mapper window?

Posté Wed 25 Aug 21 @ 7:38 am
It seems like the names for some keys has been changed in the newest update. In previous builds some keys were labeled as "VKEY_#" in the VirtualDJ mapping options:

e.g.
" , " = "VKEY_43"
" . " = "VKEY_47"

I just went through the process of converting all of my keyboard mappings to the new version, but what a nightmare. The most concerning part is that the original mapping file was deleted when the new build was installed! Thank the gods above for backups. Definitely something for your team to look into.

I've attached a screenshot of my current mapping, which shows both the previous key names *AND* the updated key mappings I made today for the same functions.

Posté Wed 25 Aug 21 @ 4:47 pm
I also want to add: the previous key mapping file has been in use for several years, across many different computers. This update is the very first time there was ever an issue.

Posté Wed 25 Aug 21 @ 4:50 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
I don't know how your mapping got deleted. Updating doesn't delete any files.

There were indeed a couple additional keys that were not named yet that were now named.

Posté Wed 25 Aug 21 @ 5:40 pm
It 100% occurred on the update process. I just now found the mapping file in the trash with the delete timestamp EXACTLY when the update was installed.

Posté Wed 25 Aug 21 @ 7:29 pm