Connexion rapide:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Sujet Pioneer XDJ-RX Start Up Deck Load Issue
Hi all,

I have been working round this issue for a while but thought I would now ask as its drive me nuts to have to do this every time.

When dj'ing using my Pioneer XDJ-RX I find that once I set the controller into midi mode by loading a track on each deck, the skin ( I use the Performance skin, although makes no difference which one you use to start VDJ) always change to decks C & D instead of staying on decks A & B. I am not changing to these decks with any button press either on the RX, it just happens as soon as I press the midi button and then click the left or right deck load button on the RX.

It used to happen a while back in VDJ2020 too but I had a simple workaround by changing skin to any other one and back to performance and it would reset the view back to the correct decks A/B again. Since updating to 2021 (which is brilliant by the way) this workaround no longer works.
The only way to resolve the issue is to close out VDJ once connected via Midi to the RX and relaunch it once more and the A/B Decks become visible once more.

So the only thing I can think is that the RX mapper has some code in it which is causing the issue or maybe is there is a simpler method to change the back to the A/B decks in VDJ which I am unaware of.

Any help or points in the right direction would be great.

Thanks
Mel

Posté Fri 03 Sep 21 @ 10:20 am
I will try to check XDJ-RX again, but your issue definitely derives from left/right deck assignment actions.

The easiest way to restore the skin would be to map a button like this:
deck 1 leftdeck & deck 2 rightdeck

While this code may solve the skin issue, I'm not sure if the device itself follows as well or not.
As I said, I will try to take a look at it again.

Posté Fri 03 Sep 21 @ 11:08 am
Thanks, any help is appreciated

Posté Fri 03 Sep 21 @ 11:25 am
Think i have found another workaround which resolves my problem.

If i pres the MIDI button on the RX first and then press load left/right on the RX after that and then start VDJ it connects and stays on the decks A\B as normal.

So although there is still an issue if you do it the older way, it at least works for now.

Posté Mon 06 Sep 21 @ 1:11 pm