Connexion rapide:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Sujet VDJ FX Effect to FX Pad
Hi there,
I use the latest VDJ version in connection with the Pioneer DDJ1000 controller. Is it possible to apply an FX effect from the VDJ software to a PAD FX button on the DDJ1000? I work with the Loop_Out or Echo Out effect and would like to have this on the FX PAD.
An answer from VDJ Support:
Yes sir. You'll need to create a custom pad bank with custom scripts to enable the FX.
Unfortunately, I can't handle it at all. Can someone help me?
LG,
DJ Chriz

Posté Wed 15 Sep 21 @ 11:14 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013

Posté Thu 16 Sep 21 @ 6:03 am
DJChriz9971 wrote :
Hi there,
I use the latest VDJ version in connection with the Pioneer DDJ1000 controller. Is it possible to apply an FX effect from the VDJ software to a PAD FX button on the DDJ1000? I work with the Loop_Out or Echo Out effect and would like to have this on the FX PAD.
An answer from VDJ Support:
Yes sir. You'll need to create a custom pad bank with custom scripts to enable the FX.
Unfortunately, I can't handle it at all. Can someone help me?
LG,
DJ Chriz

DDJ-1000 offers two custom "PAD FX" pages.
You can open either of them on Pad Editor and simply change the effect names and the parameters you want for each.
Some basic "script language understanding" is required, but it's not something ultra fancy
In a nutshell, you activate an effect with the "padfx" action

Let's take pad1 of PAD FX1 page
It's current code is
padfx 'Echo' 0.5 0.5 smart_pressed

In order to use loop out effect on that pad, you can simple edit the code to
padfx 'Loop Out' 0.5 0.5 smart_pressed

Now you will want to adjust the parameters of the effect. That's what the numbers on the above code do!
padfx 'effectname' param1 param2 param3 e.t.c.
So in loop out effect (if you open it's gui) 1st parameter is length, 2nd is mode, 3rd is mode param and 4th is length
Also you can type percentage of the slider instead of float.
So, our final code can look like this:
padfx 'Loop Out' 35% 0% 50% 60% smart_pressed

Also for effects like "Echo out" and "loop out" that usually don't have any practical mean to use them as "while pressed" actions, you can remove the smart_pressed part

Final code:
padfx 'Loop Out' 35% 0% 50% 60%

Similar for echo out:
padfx 'Echo Out' 80% 75% 60% 20%

Posté Thu 16 Sep 21 @ 12:43 pm
THANK YOU very much :) PHANTOMDEEJAY
THANK YOU very much :) LOCODOG

Posté Tue 28 Sep 21 @ 9:49 pm