Connexion rapide:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Sujet Turning off Split Pages on Pads
Hi there,
German support told me by e-mail that this was not possible, but maybe someone still knows better or found a workaround?
The behaviour of splitting the pads on my Rane SEVENTY completely screws up the way I work in VDJ.
I have a couple of custom pad pages with scratch samples and other functions assigned to specific pads. When I first noticed the splitting I thought I had messed up my configuration or my mixer was broken.
Now I have to switch back and forth or change to default skin and click to get what one tap on a pad mode button would have done before the update.

Posté Tue 21 Sep 21 @ 7:00 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Not sure what you mean. You get split pages only by pressing 2 mode buttons at the same time, and pressing it a single time again will go back to the normal page.

Posté Tue 21 Sep 21 @ 8:25 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Pad modes seem to be working fine here with the Seventy.
Can you explain what buttons you press and how these buttons are mapped ?
You have kept the default actions for the pad mode buttons (using pad_page x) ?

Posté Tue 21 Sep 21 @ 9:45 am
Thank you guys sooo much so far!

Sooo - it's probably a fault in my custom pad page that had no recognizable effect before split pages were introduced.

This is my SEVENTY padmode mapping (default according to mapping window):

<map action="set 'usermode' 0 & pad_pages 1 ? pad_pages 5 : pad_pages 1" value="PADMODE_HOTCUE"/>
<map action="set 'usermode' 0 & pad_pages 2 ? pad_pages 6 : pad_pages 2" value="PADMODE_SAVEDLOOP"/>
<map action="var 'usermode' ? pad_pages 7 : pad_pages 3" value="PADMODE_ROLL"/>
<map action="pad_pages 4 ? pad_pages 8 : pad_pages 4" value="PADMODE_SAMPLER"/>
<map action="set 'usermode' 0 & pad_pages 12 ? pad_pages 16 : pad_pages 12" value="PADMODE_TRANSPORT"/>
<map action="toggle 'usermode'" value="PADMODE_USER"/>

and this is one custom pad (sampler page, pad 2):

load "D:\_____Rap\____Cutz\scratch roulette side b.mp3" & set_gain 0 & goto_cue 1 & set 'usermode' 0 & pad_pages 1 ? pad_pages 5 : pad_pages 1

It
- loads a scratch file
- sets gain to 0
- goes to cue 1
and then is supposed to act as if I had pushed PADMODE_HOTCUE (see mapping) so i can quickly access my cues.

I'm assuming the way I do it, the mixer is and stays on the sampler page and the pad_pages action is interpreted as a button pushed simultaneously.

Is this plausible and if so: can I maybe "unload" the sampler page?

Posté Sat 25 Sep 21 @ 3:05 am
It's a firmware limitation.
The pad modes cannot be controlled programmatically, meaning that the Pad modes dont have leds (Midi out), so even if you send a command to change the pad mode...
- you will see the Pad page changing on skin
- Pads will work based on the selected Pads page (so in your case Hotcues will work on Pads)
- The leds on the 70 will still show the Sampler page (firmware limitation)
- Once you press a different mode on the 70, it will split the current page with the one you pressed (firmware limitation again)

Bottom line, what you try to achieve "works" , you get the Hotcues working on Pads after pressing that Pad, but after that, you may have to press the wanted mode twice.

BTW, consider using the ScratchBank page http://www.virtualdj.com/manuals/virtualdj/interface/decks/decksadvanced/pads.html#scratchbank to load/play/cue samples on a deck.

Posté Sat 25 Sep 21 @ 5:08 pm

Posté Sun 26 Sep 21 @ 12:43 pm
If the skin you are using doesnt have Pads page buttons you can switch to the Default skin, make the change and come back to your custom one. The change will be kept across sessions.
How to assign a different page to a controller pads button :
https://www.virtualdj.com/manuals/virtualdj/interface/decks/decksadvanced/pads.html#controller

inDOKnito wrote :
So far I guess my best choice is to do it the way I did without the pad_pages stuff and then tap to hotcue mode.

That's correct

Posté Mon 27 Sep 21 @ 10:53 am