Connexion rapide:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Sujet VDJ crash when updating cover art.
Some times I’ve update tag info on files on the fly.
In one of my last streaming, when open tag editor, and cover art search, after click an image from discogs, and save to tag, my VDJ crashed.
I don’t know if the problem is the usb overload (may be) because the file updated are in my external usb disk, and cpu are heavy loaded with VDJ and OBS in background, near of 100% of usage.
My computer es an i7 7700hq, 16gb ram, 4 internal hdd (one sad) and 3 usb disks attached on an anker hub with power, webcam on this hub. Pioneer DDJ-RR controller is attached on another hub, with power too.
This issue has occurred one or two times before. Stems function are not activated.
No Dedicated GPU.

Posté Thu 28 Oct 21 @ 6:34 am
I update covers from Discogs all the time and I have no such issues.
However while my PC is less powerful than yours (i5 4th gen CPU) I don't have so many peripheral devices connected, nor I use OBS.

What I would suggest you, is to try to duplicate the issue with minimal peripherals, then add more, and finally include OBS. Then go the other way around/
This way the problem may expose the conditions that make it happen.

PS: Even though you use powered USB hubs, are you sure that those hubs have enough power to run all your devices at their max power draw at the same time ?

Posté Thu 28 Oct 21 @ 5:33 pm
PhantomDeejay wrote :
I update covers from Discogs all the time and I have no such issues.
However while my PC is less powerful than yours (i5 4th gen CPU) I don't have so many peripheral devices connected, nor I use OBS.

What I would suggest you, is to try to duplicate the issue with minimal peripherals, then add more, and finally include OBS. Then go the other way around/
This way the problem may expose the conditions that make it happen.

PS: Even though you use powered USB hubs, are you sure that those hubs have enough power to run all your devices at their max power draw at the same time ?

All usb disk connected on this powered hubs have their own power too, only one small 1tb disk not.
The controller has your power too, but still connected on a independent powered hub.

The two or three times that’s crash happened was with heavy load cpu. Never on light use (only VDJ, pre work).

Where can I see the crash report or something similar?

Posté Thu 28 Oct 21 @ 9:26 pm