Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet Missing files that were deleted
djjoe21PRO InfinityMember since 2006
How do I stop having files appear as missing because they are in the history folders? I have deleted some songs that appear in the history folder that are no longer on my computer. I know for sure they are deleted and they are not in any playlist. Is there a way to get them out of the history or edit the history and remove them?

Thanks
Joe

Posté Mon 15 Nov 21 @ 3:56 am
NicotuxHome userMember since 2014
Look a little more deeply...
It's possible to edit tags, bpm, POIs, compute stems, and rename or remove file...
but no way to remove from playlist

well file appearing in history sounds normal because it was really play
however these actions may not appear as available and a "forget" or 'remove from history' action instead would be more accurate and useful

Posté Mon 15 Nov 21 @ 4:27 am
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
A job for notepad++ and perhaps some regex.
I've done this for users in the past [more about bulk relocating, deleting will be easier] but the actual method is tricky to explain.
With a backup and a csv of your missing files [created a certain way] I could knock it off for you.

Posté Mon 15 Nov 21 @ 4:38 am
More easy whith "exist" column exported in the csv

Posté Mon 15 Nov 21 @ 4:45 am
no it wouldn't be, why include the haystack when you could pull all the needles with a missing filter.

Posté Mon 15 Nov 21 @ 4:54 am
Because it's easy to remove by entry number instead of looking for a filepath or track name

just different ways, same result

Posté Mon 15 Nov 21 @ 5:02 am
I just tried a kind of work around.

Copy the History playlist to the regular playlist then I delete the missing files

Then I copy the Regular playlist back the history folder and it seems to have worked.

I do all the file copying inside of VDJ when I did the file copying outside of VDJ the time stamps got all wonky. Only had time to do a few gonna test more files tomorrow.

Posté Tue 16 Nov 21 @ 2:17 am
I gave my own go this morning, my history is pretty small because I flattened it about 6 months back, but I still cleared out 250 dead references, not including messing with np++ it was done in 5 minutes [including messing time don't ask...]

Posté Tue 16 Nov 21 @ 2:28 am
So moving the history playlists to the regular playlist seems to have worked.

All the missing files are gone. This seems weird to me. Just by moving a file to another folder it all the sudden becomes editable?

Posté Tue 16 Nov 21 @ 11:29 am
if you use the load in side list and save from there it will update the history files without moving stuff about or using other programs :-)

Posté Tue 16 Nov 21 @ 11:37 am
I repair, fix, edit, delete, etc, play list using a free utility call "listFix()" works on PC & Mac and it works really good, specially finding those lost files on a playlist.

I hope is of use.
my2cents.

Posté Mon 22 Nov 21 @ 12:27 pm
I tried out the listfix utility and it seems to work ok.

Posté Tue 23 Nov 21 @ 9:07 pm