Connexion rapide:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Sujet Tags Not Writing on Certain Songs
Levity1PRO InfinityMember since 2017
I am trying to clean up my tags in my library and several file's tags are not updating as expected when clicking "Write Tag"

Mac OS X 11.6
VDJ: 8.5 b6747

VDJ Tags Settings Options:
getTagsAuto: Yes
setTagsAuto: No
getTitleFromTags: Yes
getCuesFromTags: Always
getTagFromZip: Yes
useKeyFromTag: No

Library Location (All Files): /Users/Name/Library/Mobile Documents/com~apple~CloudDocs/Music/
File Types: mp3, m4a, wav, mp4

Tag fields I am updating: titles, genres, years, grouping, colors

Special Notes: This folder is shared between 8 of my computers and 8 of my separate VDJ licenses

Process: Right click song > Tag Editor > Manually update information by typing data in the relevant fields > Click "Write Tag" at bottom of tag editor.

Common Result: The tag beneath the fields are updated to what is currently in the field.

Anomaly (Bug?): One specific file is not updating when I try this process on any of my devices using any of my licenses. It keeps the original data in the tag data.

Problem File Data:
File Type: m4a
File Size: 10.58MB
Bitrate: 303kbps
Audio: AAC

Testing Strategies:
I've closed out of VDJ on all my other devices and tried it on one single device
I've tried it on multiple devices
I've tried it on other m4a formatted songs with similar file characteristics
I've tried selecting several songs at once and performing a mass "write tag" option
I've tried writing the file name from the current data in the tag fields, then writing tags again.
I've tried "getting artist/title from file name, then writing tag again.

Regardless, the original tag data remains, so if I "reload tags" the file will revert to the original tag data.

Is there anything I'm doing wrong or something I can do to fix this? Is this a bug perhaps?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Posté Mon 27 Dec 21 @ 6:32 pm
not 100% sure but willing to bet its something to do with icloud

Posté Mon 27 Dec 21 @ 7:58 pm
Levity1PRO InfinityMember since 2017
wickedmix wrote :
not 100% sure but willing to bet its something to do with icloud

That's what I thought too - but it doesn't make sense that it works for almost all of the songs but just a handful here or there.

Posté Mon 27 Dec 21 @ 8:16 pm
maybe it locks the files during a sync or some such stuff

you may temporary move a file and see if it works outside that area to climate the icloud variable

Posté Mon 27 Dec 21 @ 9:01 pm
I don't know if it's relevant but I had an issue with Tagging files that were converted to m4a using Switch Plus software . The software has 3 settings for m4a format. ABR (Average Bitrate - Up to 192Kbps) , CVBR (Constrained Variable Bitrate - Up to 320 kbps) and VBR (True Variable Bitrate - Up to 500%) . The changes using Tag Editor are OK for ABR but for the other two, Tag Editor changes the Filename in the File Folder but not the Artist and Title

Posté Tue 28 Dec 21 @ 7:01 pm