Connexion rapide:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Sujet Apply Licence Offline
I'm sure this must have been answered before but I can't find it

I'm trying to enter my license info on a work laptop, with no internet connection. I haven't used VDJ in about 7 years so am a bit taken back with all the licensing options now. I have my email and serial number, but I can't work out what to do. (I was also in hurry at a gig, so was quite flustered when it wouldn't cooperate!)

Posté Sun 06 Feb 22 @ 9:58 am
Basically you can't (there are ways based on moving files from an online laptop to an offline laptop, but that is only relevant if you refuse for your gig laptop to ever be online)
But if you have a regular (not monthly) license, you only have to verify your license once at home while online, and then you don't need to be online anymore

Posté Sun 06 Feb 22 @ 10:15 am
But it's not based on your serial number anymore in v8 (which also includes VDJ2020 and VDJ2021). That serial number should instead be added to your user license page on this website. So based on the same credentials you used to write this post. This has most likely been done automatically a long time ago
So you most likely just need to one time sign into VDJ using the same credentials you use on this page

Posté Sun 06 Feb 22 @ 10:21 am
OK, thanks.

Unfortunately it's not my laptop and is owned by a venue I'm doing shows at. At the moment I'm playing their shows with Windows media player and it's hell.

Posté Sun 06 Feb 22 @ 10:23 am
Then I would use my phone to temporarily create a hotspot to get an internet connection for the laptop, sign in to VDJ, and then close the hotspot again
This is perfectly legal as long as you remember to sign out again before letting other people use the laptop

Posté Sun 06 Feb 22 @ 10:27 am
... oh - if this is the first time moving on from v7, there are quite a few new settings and new features to learn. Including some that will confuse you if you don't know them. If you need help with that, let us know

Posté Sun 06 Feb 22 @ 10:31 am
Thanks all,

Think I'll uninstall it and use Potplayer. It's not for DJ use, just playing show tunes.

Posté Wed 09 Feb 22 @ 6:15 am