Connexion rapide:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Sujet Prime 4 using VDJ
Left Jogwheel not working properly with newest build. Not sure if this is a driver issue or what. Please help tech support. I've noticed that when mixing for some reason the left deck will drop out of vinyl mode when playing a track and you can't scratch, and the led circle does not even light up when you touch the jogwheel. Once the song ends, (or if you press pause) then vinyl mode starts working again until you press play then slips out of vinyl mode once again. This does not happen with the right deck. So possibly a mapping issue?? Very frustrating. I need my Prime 4 to work with VDJ. Please fix!

Posté Thu 10 Feb 22 @ 9:55 pm
Just tested here and everything's working normally.

Posté Thu 10 Feb 22 @ 10:39 pm
So I uninstalled the windows drivers and reinstalled them. Now my left jogwheel partially works when playing a song in vinyl mode, however it depends on where on the jogwheel you touch it. Very strange behavior that only occurs when a track is playing. Otherwise works fine when track is paused. So clearly is not a hardware issue.

Posté Sat 12 Feb 22 @ 11:23 pm
Some sort of earthing issue perhaps?

Posté Sun 13 Feb 22 @ 3:04 am
When a track is playing (and you have vinyl mode enabled) the software needs to read two things to operate correctly:
The touch sensor (that tells software you are touching the jog and thus you want to scratch) and
The jog movement

When a track is paused the software doesn't care about the touch sensor. It only operates by the jog movement.

Now that you know how things work, it should be more obvious that for some reason the TOUCH sensor on your left jogwheel doesn't always engage properly.
I don't know if your controller offers a touch sensor sensitivity setting or not, but check it's manual to see if you can change it.
Also as others suggested sometimes it is possible with touch capacitive sensors to have issues due to wrong earthing

Posté Mon 14 Feb 22 @ 10:23 am
Thanks for explaining how that works. Makes a lot more sense now. It possibly is a hardware issue with the touch sensor not working correctly. Searching to see if I can find a fix or adjustment.

Posté Mon 14 Feb 22 @ 11:46 pm
Alright, so i tried recalibrating in settings. Had no effect at all. Same problem and then today the left deck play button froze up completely. Now I know that most will say this is not a problem with VDJ, and that their is something wrong with my jogwheel touch sensor, or my play/pause button. I considered that, however when i switch the Prime 4 back to standalone mode and play a track off my usb without using VDJ miraculously all these problems disappear, my jogwheels work just fine as well as my play button. So once again, i don't see this being a hardware issue, but rather a problem with the VDJ.

Any help here appreciated.
Thanks,
DJ James

Posté Sun 20 Feb 22 @ 12:22 am
jamesvanek wrote :
when i switch the Prime 4 back to standalone mode

When you do that, you're no longer using MIDI over USB. The issue could be with the MIDI signal.

I suggest trying the same thing with Serato software. If it happens with Serato too, then it's the MIDI signal.

Posté Sun 20 Feb 22 @ 9:21 am
Can someone out there assist on how I can see and function both VDJ app on both the Prime 2 Controller and laptop at same time...this has puzzled me for sometime now and just can't figure it out. Look for your response back. Thanks

Posté Thu 24 Feb 22 @ 3:11 pm
groovindj wrote :
jamesvanek wrote :
when i switch the Prime 4 back to standalone mode

When you do that, you're no longer using MIDI over USB. The issue could be with the MIDI signal.

I suggest trying the same thing with Serato software. If it happens with Serato too, then it's the MIDI signal.

That was a great idea. I installed my SeratoDJ Pro and found that I have the exact same problem. So it seems as if you are correct in that it is not a software problem with VDJ or Serato. Any ideas on how to fix the midi signal problem? I've tried using different USB B cables, but no help their.

Thanks,
James

Posté Fri 25 Feb 22 @ 6:22 am
Time to get yourself on the Denon forum and PM one of the support guys.

Posté Fri 25 Feb 22 @ 7:13 pm