Connexion rapide:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Sujet Pad_param mapping questions
I am mapping two buttons on my controller to switch Pad parameters (pad_param +/-1 and with Shift as pad_param2 +/-1) - similar to the PAGE arrows on DDJ-800.
I would like to change the colour of these buttons in some cases and I am hoping you can give me some hints on Pad pages script so I am able to query the below info...I hope I do not have to define it specifically for each function (as in the first example below), but in a more generic way:

• When a user reaches "the end" of the list of sets of parameters (there is nowhere to go further in that direction) I would like to use a different colour for the pad that will do nothing when clicked. I kind of achieved it by the following definition for 2 HotCues pages:
     deck 3 pad_page hotcues ? deck 3 var 'hc_page' 0 ? color 'red' :  color '#330000' 
    but I do not know how to do it generically, i.e. for Loop. Loop has 6 pages and I would like to show the highlighted left arrow on page 1 and highlighted right arrow on page 6. How do I query if I am on the first or last available page?
  • I would like to turn off the LEDs (or highlight both of them so they follow the logic from the previous point) when there are no pages available - such as on Loop roll. How do I detect that there are no pages at all?

I see that other controllers already define the buttons not generically, but specifically for a function - i.e. these generic buttons are defined as HOTCUE_PAGE+ and HOTCUE_PAGE- and then again as i.e. BEATJUMP_PAGE+ and BEATJUMP_PAGE-.
It makes the mapping easier to read, but how can I achieve that (and shall I want to or it is a result of some HW limitation)?

Posté Tue 12 Apr 22 @ 2:20 pm
The "generic" script "pad_param" does not offer any feedback. Therefore it's not possible to use a "generic" script to turn on/off leds or set colors on custom/skin buttons.

In order to achieve what you want unfortunately you'll have to go by pad_page. Meaning that for each pad page you'll have to write some "code" to handle it.

Finally, the HOTCUE_PAGE+ and BEATJUMP_PAGE+ entries you see on mappers are implemented not because the pad pages require them to be separate or because we want to brake down the mappers, but because several (but not all) controllers send different MIDI messages depending on the active hardware layer of the pads. This means that in order to catch them all, all of them need to be defined and mapped.

Posté Tue 12 Apr 22 @ 6:42 pm
Unfortunate but clear, thanks. I assume you created the mapping of DDJ-800 and faced similar challenges, I will reuse as much as possible from the DDJ-800 mahjong to have a similar user experience. Thanks a lot.

Posté Tue 12 Apr 22 @ 9:59 pm