Connexion rapide:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Sujet Bugreport DDJ-REV7 - Page: 1
Latest fw on rev7 (1.01)
Latest VDJ

Bug 1: Jog skip function is not responsive enough. Hitting SHIFT and then moving the platter takes quite a bit of time before it responds and is delayed, making it extremely difficult to use to scrub back and forth on a track.

Bug 2: The pitch bend buttons are extremely delayed. I'm used to pushing the button and holding it until I've nudged the track enough to correct/line up the beats. However, what I've noticed is that you have to TAP the button a few times and it takes a while before it actually nudges the track. This increases the time it takes to actually make corrections. I also noticed that if I do hold the button, VDJ thinks I hit it like a 100 times and will execute the nudge over a long period of time.

Note that if I click on the pitch button on the interface (laptop) it works as usual (responsive and nudges fast). And at first I thought maybe the pitch bend button is a hardware thing and I wanted to try and remap it, but I noticed that hitting that button doesn't register at all (making me thing I'm right about how pitch bend button works on the rev7).

Posté Sat 28 May 22 @ 7:47 am
Both things you describe come from REV7 firmware itself.

1) When you press shift, you have to move the jog (while SHIFT is pressed) for quite some distance before the controller sends the correct MIDI message to software. I guess Pioneer choose to do so in order to have a safe buffer since the jog is rotating

2) The pitch bend buttons don't send MIDI notes, and therefore VirtualDJ does not operate the same as pressing the bend buttons in the GUI. What they do, is that they speed up/down the rotation of the platter itself. Also the amount of speed up/down is fixed at aproximately +/-2.2%
VirtualDJ itself has a progressinve bend (the more you hold the button, the more the amount of bend in percent (%) will increase)
That's not possible with REV7. That's why you feel such a difference.

Posté Sat 28 May 22 @ 9:21 pm
gotcha!

thanks for the reply....

bummer about the way they implemented pitch bend (much prefer VDJ's)

Regarding the jog dial though... it works the way it should in Serato (hit shift, and then move jog dial). In VDJ though... it's the way I described in the earlier post. Is there a way to adjust the signal VDJ see's in this specific moment so that it's at least controllable?

I can deal with the delay before it responds, but after VDJ figures out what I'm trying to do, controlling it is still a bit messy and difficult to get to where I want. Almost as if I'm drank way too much lol

Posté Wed 01 Jun 22 @ 11:19 pm
VirtualDJ just follows the flow of MIDI data.
I will test and see if it can improved though.

Posté Thu 02 Jun 22 @ 10:19 am
I noticed that when i hit the hot cue button with REV7 it won't continue playing the track from that hot cue point (unless I hold down). Then when you release it jumps to spot in the track that has elapsed. Is there a way to have hot cue button jump to and play track from location (like on DDJ-800)?

Posté Thu 02 Jun 22 @ 3:43 pm
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
sounds like you have slip_mode on

Posté Thu 02 Jun 22 @ 4:13 pm
Phantom.... thought I'd update you

I updated the fw on the rev7 to the latest (1.02) and now the pitch bend button works like it does traditionally (on any other controller) in Serato, but still very delayed in VDJ.

To be specific, in Serato the pitch bend button responds immediately and you can hold it down to bend faster until a it hits a max limit. Once you hit this max limit, you can hit the button again to continue pitch bending.

In VDJ, you hit the button and it takes a couple seconds before it starts to adjust and very slow. Holding the pitch button down seems to "build up" the bend which results in overshooting the correction after about 3-5 seconds.

I understand it's not sending a midi, but if it works fine in Serato, I'm hoping it'll work the same in VDJ.

Everything else seems to work great, so I'm hoping this can get addressed in the near future.

Posté Sat 04 Jun 22 @ 9:02 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006

Posté Sun 05 Jun 22 @ 5:28 am
Has anyone noticed the behaviour of the jog wheels as soon as a song is stopped? It seems like it takes about two songs before the jog wheels are responding, after stopping a song?

Posté Mon 26 Sep 22 @ 3:06 pm
5 days of 6-8 hours a day on the DDJ-REV7 , here are some of the minor issues as of 11/10/22

Issue with platters after pressing stop

'When pressing stop , even in the middle of a scratch , input from the platter cuts off for about 3 seconds. happens on both decks. Can be a mix killer .
Does not happen in instant scratch .

RPM SETTING
This is random , I cannot get it to happen in any particular way mainly it happens when loading a new song.
Bpm of track seems to double , RPM buttons will reset it if you go back and forth .

HW EFFECTS
Right toggle not mapped correctly - haven't had time to look at mapping but i wanted to note this for the default mapping.

Scratch bank buttons

The default mapping was not loading them correctly . repalaced with
scratchbank_load_to_deck 1
number corresponds to pad number .
Scratch bank button mapping to unload the scratch bank from that deck quickly and reload the track you had on there before .
scratchbank_load_to_deck 1 ? scratchbank_unload : scratchbank_load_to_deck 2 ? scratchbank_unload: scratchbank_load_to_deck 3 ? scratchbank_unload: scratchbank_load_to_deck 4 ? scratchbank_unload: set 'auxpadmode' 1

I really hope this one helps out the amazing team behind VDJ , some of these i spent hours troubleshooting and testing different scenarios to ensure it wasn't a clickable setting .

Posté Fri 11 Nov 22 @ 2:48 am
Regarding pressing stop:
I agree, this is an absolute show stopper. It only happens in vinyl mode and then you won't be able to use the platter for a couple of seconds. This needs attention.

RPM: It happens when you randomly press 33 / 45 on the two decks. Especially the opposite on.

Posté Fri 11 Nov 22 @ 2:39 pm
You can disable motorWheelInstantStop to have the deck follow the motorwheel instead of ignoring it after pressing stop.

Posté Fri 11 Nov 22 @ 3:12 pm
Adion wrote :
You can disable motorWheelInstantStop to have the deck follow the motorwheel instead of ignoring it after pressing stop.

That fixes it !
Is it possible for a mapping to have the settings configuration embedded? or switch upon controller detection?

Posté Fri 11 Nov 22 @ 3:34 pm
It's a setting, so you can toggle it with setting motorWheelInstantStop
Not sure why you would want to toggle it depending on controller? Do you have another controller with motorized wheels for which you don't want this behavior?

Posté Fri 11 Nov 22 @ 3:41 pm
wow, thanks thast really does help!

Posté Fri 11 Nov 22 @ 3:53 pm
RPM BUG

When pressing RPM buttons it changes the bpm on the opposite deck without showing that BPM change anywhere in the UI or deck screens.
If deck 1 is playing and set to 33rpm and you select 45rpm on deck 2 it slows the track on deck 1 .
if deck 1 is playing and set to 45rpm and you select 33rpm on deck 2 it speeds the track up on deck 1 .

If you press the same rpm button on deck 1 as you just pushed on deck 2 it goes back to normal play speed.

This occurs regardless of deck 2 being active or being loaded.

Posté Fri 11 Nov 22 @ 11:15 pm
MR.ELIVE wrote :
RPM BUG

When pressing RPM buttons it changes the bpm on the opposite deck without showing that BPM change anywhere in the UI or deck screens.
If deck 1 is playing and set to 33rpm and you select 45rpm on deck 2 it slows the track on deck 1 .
if deck 1 is playing and set to 45rpm and you select 33rpm on deck 2 it speeds the track up on deck 1 .

If you press the same rpm button on deck 1 as you just pushed on deck 2 it goes back to normal play speed.

This occurs regardless of deck 2 being active or being loaded.

I missed this the first time but it appears this issue has already been brought to the teams attentions here

http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/248441/VirtualDJ_Technical_Support/REV_7_per_Deck_RPM.html?search=ns7%20speed&page=1

Posté Sat 12 Nov 22 @ 4:18 am
STEMS 2.0 STEM EFFECTS
as of 11/13/22
DDJ-REV7 FIRMWARE 1.03

Issue
When using stem effects its causing the entire REV7 to freeze out , no response from power button, power removal necessary to reset deck .
This doesn't seem to have any effect on VDJ itself.
Previous EA build did not cause this issue on the controller.

Posté Sun 13 Nov 22 @ 7:36 pm
STEMS FX ISSUE

It seems this only is an issue on the left deck. The right deck operates as normal.
It does however cause complete failure as noted in the above post and should be avoided until further noted.

Posté Sat 19 Nov 22 @ 4:33 am
SW FX Right Toggle Issue

After much testing it seems the issue is perhaps not the mapping directly but rather VDJ identifying the right toggle and using the mapping for it on start up . I however don't believe it's firmware as it operates as it should in other software.

I have tried several times to tweak the mapping get it to work on start up without success , the method below has been working for me .

Changing the mapping on the toggle ( fx_hardware_lever) and then changing back .
The first controllervar 'fxprocd1' is changed to 'fcprocd2' , randomly press toggles a few times, both toggles usually turn on the effects on deck on 2 , then undo that change in the mapping so its back at default or your saved mapping. Now both toggles should function HOWEVER if effect on deck 1 is is activated first you cannot activate the effect on deck 2 . You can active deck 1 secondly with no issues.

Posté Mon 28 Nov 22 @ 12:05 am
83%