Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet Stems perfomance problem with new laptop
serieBPRO InfinityMember since 2017
Hi all,
Past month I bought a new laptop (ASUS ROG G713IC-HX011) just for dying with Ryzen 7 4800H, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD and a GeForce RTX 3050 4GB graphics card. I'm over Windows 10 64 bits and VDJ 2023 has been working perfectly these past weeks, but suddenly I got a message inside the app about a perfomance problem regarding my hadware is not powerful enough to make the stems separation in HQ/ real time.
I can choose a lower quality stems separation to go on or pre-compute the files (not enought space in my hard disk to do that), but I thought this laptop was capable to take advantage of the new 2.0 stems at the maximum quality.
I was wrong choosing this laptop? Do I need a better specs hardware? (i'm not in time to return it to the store). Can I change any setting to do the stems separation in real time?
Cheers

Posté Fri 02 Dec 22 @ 8:04 am
VirtualDJ suggests to switch to reduced quality for real time separation when the separation speed drops below a certian threshold.
You don't have to follow that suggestion though. And if it doesn't happen all the time, then most likely it happened while VirtualDJ was separating 2 tracks at the same time.
For the most part from my own experience you can go fine with real time separation by just clicking to "No" on the pop up window with an RTX 30XX GPU.

Posté Fri 02 Dec 22 @ 10:23 am
serieBPRO InfinityMember since 2017
Hi Phantom. Thank you so much for the clarification. It's a relief to hear that, I thought I had made a mistake in choosing this laptop.

Posté Fri 02 Dec 22 @ 10:34 am
Hi, i hav been using a MSI Leopard gaming notebook (i7, 16bg, GTX 1050ti on board) with VDJ 2022 and windows 10 x64. Everything was good until last week, when i decided to try vdj 2023 and HQ stems: the process lasts about 1,5 min per track, really frustrating.
On the other PC, Ryzen 7 5600X, 32Gb, GTX 1060 6gb, w11, i can have real time HQ stems (the process lasts about 30 sec per song, it's ok).
I find really strange that VDJ needs so much perfonrmance to create HQ stems in a reasonable time: i think that very few people have so much performant PC to use it: i believe that ATOMIX should optimize HQ stems separation math engine, to give to a greater number of users the chance to use them, also on dated hardware.

Posté Sat 03 Dec 22 @ 3:51 pm
DJJQ15PRO InfinityMember since 2016
Hi, i hav been using a MSI Leopard gaming notebook (i7, 16bg, GTX 1050ti on board) with VDJ 2022 and windows 10 x64. Everything was good until last week, when i decided to try vdj 2023 and HQ stems: the process lasts about 1,5 min per track, really frustrating.
On the other PC, Ryzen 7 5600X, 32Gb, GTX 1060 6gb, w11, i can have real time HQ stems (the process lasts about 30 sec per song, it's ok).
I find really strange that VDJ needs so much perfonrmance to create HQ stems in a reasonable time: i think that very few people have so much performant PC to use it: i believe that ATOMIX should optimize HQ stems separation math engine, to give to a greater number of users the chance to use them, also on dated hardware.

You are perfectly right..... I can't believe preparing a stem from version 1 to version 2 should be longer than 2 mins per track/song. What is the purpose of VirtualDJ 2023 then?

Posté Sat 10 Dec 22 @ 12:09 am