Connexion rapide:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Sujet controller slider detection setting
CMBDJPRO InfinityMember since 2007
I can't remember the setting to adjust for the software to detect the position of the controller slider upon startup.

The last time I did this was when we were setting up new laptops (2015).

Right now the sliders on VDJ are at the max position until you move the sliders on the controller.

Where can I adjust this setting in VDJ?

Posté Sat 10 Dec 22 @ 6:38 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Most of the controllers report the position of their sliders on startup. Which controller do you refer to ?

Posté Sat 10 Dec 22 @ 6:45 pm
Denon MC6000 mk2.

there is a setting in VDJ somewhere...I just can't remember where or what it is.

Posté Tue 13 Dec 22 @ 4:45 pm
There is no setting for that in VirtualDJ.
For Denon MC 6000 MKII however, you need to have it's ASIO drivers installed (even if you don't use them) to get the position of the knobs been sent from the controller to the software.
This is a weird Denon thing..

Posté Tue 13 Dec 22 @ 6:28 pm
well I think the asio drivers are installed. I think that is all I installed.

Posté Tue 13 Dec 22 @ 8:13 pm
Maybe my memory is tricking me. If you have the ASIO drivers installed, are they used by VirtualDJ ?
Or you use WASAPI instead ?
Try to also use the ASIO drivers on your audio setup and see if that helps.
Also try another trick:
Try to include the line inputs on your audio setup as well.

As I said, it's that particular controller that's very odd, and I can't remember with 100% certainty the solution, but in evolves around it's drivers and the audio setup used.

Typically controllers just send the sliders information with a simple request from the host, no matter what the drivers or the sound configuration is.

Posté Tue 13 Dec 22 @ 8:56 pm
I figured it out.

Originally I went to denon's website...looked up the mk2 and downloaded the drivers from the website listed for the mk2. After you mentioned the asio drivers, I revisited the denon website but didn't see any other link for drivers besides the one I already downloaded. So, I did a google search and found a link.

I had to uninstall the first driver I installed first for the second asio driver install file to take.

What they list on their site is not correct. They are missing the asio drivers file.

Thanks!

Posté Wed 14 Dec 22 @ 4:19 pm
Hello,
How to configure in virtual DJ two systems to adjust the speed on each deck of a controller. Two knobs for coarse speed adjustment and on the slide for fine adjustment. I've already configured and used this in Traktor and I think I've also used it in Virtual DJ.

Sorry if this is not the right forum. If not, let me know which one would be best suited for this issue.

Thank you very much in advance

Posté Tue 28 Mar 23 @ 7:43 pm
wagnerjp wrote :
Hello,
How to configure in virtual DJ two systems to adjust the speed on each deck of a controller. Two buttons for coarse speed adjustment and on the slide for fine adjustment. I've already configured and used this in Traktor and I think I've also used it in Virtual DJ.

Sorry if this is not the right forum. If not, let me know which one would be best suited for this issue.

Thank you very much in advance

Posté Fri 31 Mar 23 @ 11:21 pm