Connexion rapide:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Sujet Stems + FX Tab Effects Reset
Help me find what I'm missing here. I have the "Reset Stems on Load" set to "ALL". Playing a song on deck 1 and use a stem effect from the bottom row. It does its job and deactivates stem(s) on the top pad row. I mix into the next song on deck 2. When I load the next song on deck 1, the stems on the top row are reset, but the bottom row remains activated. This confuses me when I start working on the new track on deck 1, because now when I press the stem effect pad, it's already activated. So now, if I don't instinctively think about it, I have to press it twice to perform the desired action.

Is there any way that ALL the pads reset when a new song is loaded? Or do I need to get this committed into muscle memory?

Posté Fri 17 Feb 23 @ 7:26 pm
The lower pads set FX effects on the stems.

So to have the FX effects reset on load:

also set: resetFXOnLoad > Yes

Posté Fri 17 Feb 23 @ 8:05 pm
IIDEEJAYII wrote :
The lower pads set FX effects on the stems.

So to have the FX effects reset on load:

also set: resetFXOnLoad > Yes

I already have that set to yes as well.

Posté Fri 17 Feb 23 @ 8:23 pm
djlazypHome userMember since 2011
Same problem here. Stems fx stays active after new track loaded and I have to double press it to turn off and the lights on pad get confused too. It seems stems fx doesn’t reset upon load even if the settings are set to do so.

Posté Sat 18 Feb 23 @ 12:34 am
djlazyp wrote :
Same problem here. Stems fx stays active after new track loaded and I have to double press it to turn off and the lights on pad get confused too. It seems stems fx doesn’t reset upon load even if the settings are set to do so.

EXACTLY. I think you explained it a little better than I did.

Posté Sat 18 Feb 23 @ 1:44 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Tried, but with resetFXOnload set to Yes the stem fx on the Stems+FX pad page turn off as well when loading a new track here.

Posté Sat 18 Feb 23 @ 11:27 am
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Pc or mac?

Posté Sat 18 Feb 23 @ 2:41 pm
Adion wrote :
Tried, but with resetFXOnload set to Yes the stem fx on the Stems+FX pad page turn off as well when loading a new track here.

I just triple checked, and resetFXOnLoad is set to Yes. It's not that the effect doesn't reset. But the button and corresponding light don't accurately reflect the state that button is in, which is where the confusion comes in. See video link below.

https://youtu.be/Cbg-9PQ8QcU

Posté Sat 18 Feb 23 @ 2:52 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Maybe a bug in the "Stems & FX" pad page then. The "Stems + FX" pad page that is included with vdj by default now works correctly.

Posté Sat 18 Feb 23 @ 3:48 pm
Adion wrote :
Maybe a bug in the "Stems & FX" pad page then. The "Stems + FX" pad page that is included with vdj by default now works correctly.

Thanks

Posté Sat 18 Feb 23 @ 4:21 pm
Seems to be the same bug on the stemsFX not resetting on the STEMS 2.0 page for pads as well.

Posté Sat 18 Feb 23 @ 9:00 pm
I'm trying to work through this, but I'm not well versed in the scripting. Hoping you guys can help me out here. Here is an example script from the Stems & FX tab:

var 'stemsnfx1' 1 ? toggle 'stemsnfx1' & mute_stem 'vocal' : off & toggle 'stemsnfx1' & effect_stems 'vocal' & padfx_single 'echo' 0.5 0.65 0.25 0.75 & wait 1bt & padfx 'echo' & mute_stem 'vocal' & effect_stems 'vocal'

I get the correct echo and vocal stem off actions...It's just the button state going to the next song that is not reacting correctly. The button behavior on the Stems+fx page does not give me the button behavior that I am looking for, as it doesn't mute the stem button, but simply applies an effect. However, when loading the next song, it deactivates as expected. Here is that script:

padfx "echo out" 50% 1bt "stemfx:MeloRhythm"

What I am looking for is the actions from the 1st script with the reset of both the stem button AND the stem effect button when loading the next song.

TIA

Posté Tue 21 Feb 23 @ 3:42 pm
I got it figured out. On the mapping tab, I added the following script:

set_var "stemsnfx1" 0 & set_var "stemsnfx2" 0 & set_var "stemsnfx3" 0 & set_var "stemsnfx4" 0

Now, when I load a new song, EVERYTHING resets to its default.

Posté Tue 21 Feb 23 @ 6:10 pm
lazypPRO InfinityMember since 2015
Where abouts did you enter that mapping ? I’m not sure I’m putting it in the correct place as it still doesn’t reset the pads as desired. Could you post a screen shot please. Thanks 🙏🏻

Posté Thu 20 Apr 23 @ 4:01 pm