Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet Column size quick adjustments
Dear Community,

I would like to know if there is any "jedi" tips to quickly adjust column size in VDJ.

Indeed i'm mixing different kinds of music and depending on that, i sometimes need more information.

each time i add column manually by right click and it's time consuming.
It is also super time consuming when trying to resize one column in particular because for exemple if i want to make the song title field bigger, it will reduce the size of the artist name....

Is it a way when making a coumn bigger to "push" the other columns ?
is it a posisbility to have a memory with different prests of columns arrangment ?

Thanks for your help, and i hope it is clear ^^

Best

Posté Sat 11 Mar 23 @ 10:02 am
Yes, bit of an annoying issue... say you decide to add the track column.

It adds it but is quite "big" and makes other columns smaller. When you make the track column smaller you need to manually readjust all the others, this is extremely annoying. Cause then the key column becomes to big, so then you need adjust the key column but the time column becomes to big, so you adjust the time column, then the year columns to big and so and so on...

In all other softwares resizing one column "moves" the others instead adjusting the size of the adjacent column.

Posté Sat 17 Jun 23 @ 7:15 pm
+1

It would be nice having the option of “standard” column resize behavior.

Posté Sun 18 Jun 23 @ 9:12 am
+1

Posté Sun 18 Jun 23 @ 2:19 pm
+1

What would be useful if you could hold down the SHIFT key whilst you drag the right hand of the column you wish to adjust and then VDJ would adjust (push/pull) all the columns to the right automatically to reduce/increase the width allocated per column at the same ratio

Posté Thu 27 Jul 23 @ 4:43 pm
+1

Posté Sat 05 Aug 23 @ 2:38 pm
Although I really like VDJ i'm still surprised that a couple of things haven been implemented so awkward.

Like for example if you want to add more search fields to the search option. Every time when you add a field the drop-down list closes and you have to open it again to add another field.

Posté Sat 05 Aug 23 @ 5:38 pm
gvastePRO InfinityMember since 2019
i suggested the possibility to lock the columns size and also add the ability to save and switch between different columns layout configuration, this could be great to the user experience.

Posté Sun 06 Aug 23 @ 9:02 pm
I totally aggree with the above suggested improvements. The columns selection and resiziging really do annoy me!

Posté Tue 06 Feb 24 @ 3:41 pm
dustycatControlleristMember since 2016
+1 especially
different saved layouts &
ability to change the resize behaviour by holding a SHIFT or CTRL key

Posté Mon 18 Mar 24 @ 8:45 pm
djjoe21PRO InfinityMember since 2006
I've been hoping for this for a very long time.

+1

Posté Mon 18 Mar 24 @ 8:49 pm
adamPRO SubscriberMember since 2022
+1
Devs may have their preferences, yeah fair enough, but it would be really nice to at least have the option to resize columns the same way you can with pretty much every other program. I can't see the reason why VDJ would want to be different in this aspect. In the below example, something that takes 10 seconds anywhere else, takes around a minute 10 in VDJ.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/nzNBpvrGBoM4VEgD9

Posté Mon 01 Apr 24 @ 1:26 am
This is at least partly part of VDJ2024
Each list can have each own colums and sorting

Posté Mon 01 Apr 24 @ 8:25 am
klausmogensen wrote :
This is at least partly part of VDJ2024
Each list can have each own colums and sorting
Not really. the only difference in VDJ2024 is that lists with "keep order" have a different set of columns than lists without, but that's only 2 sets saved.

But yes, we'll working something out about columns in a future build soon. probably an option to save and recall named columns sets might make the most sense. (and lock a list to one set)

Posté Mon 01 Apr 24 @ 9:00 am