Connexion rapide:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Sujet Automix - FADE - CUE not applied
So I have automix configured for FADE- remove silence - this works brilliantly for most of my tracks. A few need the intro to be cut, but only a few. The automix option to remove intro/outro removes too much for my use!

My understanding is that because I've selected an automix with a FADE option, FADE cues should be used?? But automix starts the track from the beginning, NOT the Mix 'Fade' Start cue I have configured.

Is there a way with this Automix setting, to configure an individual track to come in at a point later the the track start?

Posté Sun 14 May 23 @ 11:20 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
While automix is running, simply right-click the start or the end of the track in the waveform overview to select the right cue point that is currently being used for the selected automix mode.

Posté Mon 15 May 23 @ 5:45 am
That defeats the object here - I'm trying to configure a hands-off approach once the playlist is set up.

I've found a way to make it work with automix - simply setting a load point and it fades in at this point due to my automix settings. The issue now is that if I'm not in automix mode, the track is loading with no fade in half-way through the intro because the LOAD cue is always applied whether in automix or not.

What I need I guess is a conditional LOAD point that determines if automix is engaged or not.

Posté Mon 15 May 23 @ 7:04 am
Not sure I understand. The right-click will select the automix point, so moving this to where you want once will remember it whenever automix is used.

Posté Mon 15 May 23 @ 7:21 am
OK - I think we're not on the same wavelength (pardon the pun)

Let's say there's two POI on the track.
The first CUE1 is where I want the track to load when I'm not using automix.
The second, 4 bars later, CUE2 is where I want the track to fade in from when using automix.

I can set CUE2 to be a Load Point and then it fades in as required when doing automix, but it ALWAYS loads the track at CUE2, so if I'm not using automix, and simply start playing the track with no manual fade in, it cuts in quite suddenly.

I've tried to use an Automix point - Mix 'Fade' Start Point, but with my current Automix (Fade, remove silence) this appears to be ignored.

I don't know what you mean about clicking on the waveform - I'm using the POI editor to set the CUE's

Posté Mon 15 May 23 @ 9:19 am
OK I've figured it out - need to move the Mix "Full" Start to where I want CUE2 to be and make CUE1 a LOAD cue point.

Posté Mon 15 May 23 @ 9:28 am
If you right-click the waveform while automix is enabled, it will open the POI editor, and select the relevant mix point automatically (so in your case indeed the 'full' mix point)

Posté Mon 15 May 23 @ 10:19 am
Yes - I understand you now thank you :)

- I had been bringing up the POI Editor, but hadn't twigged that the default selected CUE point was the one that mattered.

Posté Mon 15 May 23 @ 10:33 am