Connexion rapide:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Sujet tone control cut off
I have gone back to build 8.5.7482 because of issues in stems control "filter" issue etc in successive builds now in 7555 you may have fixed those things but when I turn on stems fx from pads it turns my tone controls off and back on when I disengage. I am using traktor ns4, 5 stems mode, stems on knobs, (outer). please fix this as I use it all the time. -) or let me know if it is just me. If it`s everyone then it should be easy to find/test, I suspect that it is. Also after rolling back from first issues and then up dating to 7555 to get fixes it would not let me roll back again or repair with any vdj installer version stating "package error". Lucky for me I had a back up of both document vdj folder and the program folder and just copied it over and it worked back on the 7482 .exe. a narrow escape the same night as a gig. Don`t know what you are up to over there ? but this has been pretty cruel the last month after such a good run. -(

Posté Wed 31 May 23 @ 9:53 am
Same issue here. I am using a Pioneer DDJ-RZX in internal mixermode. When using build 7544 and higher and enabling stems-effects (isolating fx on the stems) it disengages the eq-controls of the mixer (well, in fact it doesn’t disengage the eq-controls, but they now are active on the isolated stems). Not sure if it is intended by the programmers to let the stems-FX isolation work globally on all filters, but it’s annoying not to be able to use the eq-controls of the mixer anymore in the traditional way as eq’s on the whole spectrum. I rolled back to 7482.

I have posted almost a year ago (July 4, 2022) here on the forum already a topic regarding the channel FX of the mixer and the deck FX sections to be global when enabled as stems-FX. For me it should be working split up, so the stems FX should only work on the deck FX and leave the channel FX on the mixer working on the full spectrum. I never had any reply from anyone, so I thought it I was the only one who have an issue with it, or nobody else had noticed, or it wasn’t possible to program…

Posté Fri 02 Jun 23 @ 6:46 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Can you try if setting fxProcessing to pre-fader fixes this issue?

Edit: Also, are you using the equalizer for frequency or for stems (eqMode option)

Posté Fri 02 Jun 23 @ 9:20 am
@ Adion:

I updated from 7482 to 7555 again to test and answer your questions.

1/ setting fxProcessing in both setting pre- or post fader makes no difference. In both settings the eq of the mixer works on the stems instead of the whole spectrum when stemsFX is activated.

2/ eqMode option: all 4 settings give the same EQ-results as mentioned above (Frequency, EXRemix,ModernEQ,Stems).

Posté Fri 02 Jun 23 @ 12:18 pm
SuperHarry Kingmaker wrote :
@ Adion:

I updated from 7482 to 7555 again to test and answer your questions.

1/ setting fxProcessing in both setting pre- or post fader makes no difference. In both settings the eq of the mixer works on the stems instead of the whole spectrum when stemsFX is activated.

2/ eqMode option: all 4 settings give the same EQ-results as mentioned above (Frequency, EXRemix,ModernEQ,Stems).

That makes total sense, and should be easy fix, probably just missed addressing the right layer as suggested, or a slight misinterpretation of when to do what. Hopefully -)

Posté Sat 03 Jun 23 @ 8:08 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Yes indeed, managed to reproduce, so should be fixed in next update

Posté Sat 03 Jun 23 @ 9:29 pm