Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet Rane Performer - Page: 1
Is there a release date for drivers for the Rane Performer?

Posté 3 days ago @ 3:04 pm
It's a Rane product. Drivers will be available on the Rane site.

Atomix don't provide drivers for controllers.

Posté 3 days ago @ 3:17 pm
Sorry let me rephrase that.

When will there be compatibility for the Rane Performer?

Posté 3 days ago @ 3:20 pm
Mojaxx said in his review he would expect VDJ support "very soon". The reviewers have had these units for some time now.

Posté 3 days ago @ 3:49 pm
A related question...it was mentioned in reviews that it is possible to usr Shift + a Deck Cue button to turn that deck's EQ from being solely frequency operated to being Stem isolators (something like a VirtualDJ advanced EQ mode, but switchable per deck instead of global), and that this was added to the Rane Four in a firmware upgrade.
I expect that this will come with the initial Rane Performer mapping in VirtualDJ, but I don't see mention of this ability explicitly in the Rane Four Manual. Does anyone know if is this feature supported by the Rane Four at all (via the firmware upgrade)? Is there a general mapping for this otherwise (e.g. for a DDJ 1000)?

Posté 3 days ago @ 5:05 pm
Another crucial juncture for VDJ . ( sorta ) Rane Performer is needed quickly. I know we keep saying it . This is truly the top 3 controller available . After RP, REV7, FLX10. It’s just CDJs. So . We gotta have the RP Support asap .

Posté 3 days ago @ 2:36 am
DJ VinylTouch wrote :
(something like a VirtualDJ advanced EQ mode, but switchable per deck instead of global),

This could be done very easily for any controller with VDJ, currently, by modifying the controllers mapping.

Would just require doing an action_deck query on PFL mapping, (or SHIFT_PFL mapping), to set 4 variables.
The respective actions of the EQs would be assigned again based on queries of the states of the 4 variables, along with action_deck queries to toggle the Stems/Freq behavior for each deck's EQs independently .

And could also be done even more easily, on any skin, (no need for action_deck queries) just setting 4 variable from, say R-click of the skins PFL buttons.

There is not much, that cannot be done better with VDJ, in my opinion.

Why is this a good thing though?

Posté 3 days ago @ 3:10 am
On second thought, maybe the deck independent EQs, could be accomplished, even easier, with a single non-global variable, and thus, also, eliminating the action_deck queries.

Posté 3 days ago @ 4:19 am
DJ VinylTouch wrote :
A related question...it was mentioned in reviews that it is possible to usr Shift + a Deck Cue button to turn that deck's EQ from being solely frequency operated to being Stem isolators (something like a VirtualDJ advanced EQ mode, but switchable per deck instead of global), and that this was added to the Rane Four in a firmware upgrade.
I expect that this will come with the initial Rane Performer mapping in VirtualDJ, but I don't see mention of this ability explicitly in the Rane Four Manual. Does anyone know if is this feature supported by the Rane Four at all (via the firmware upgrade)? Is there a general mapping for this otherwise (e.g. for a DDJ 1000)?

Manual of Rane Four will get updated, when the changes make it to public release (they are in Early Access I think)
Yes, if you update your device to the newest firmware, you can use SHIFT+PFL buttons to toggle the EQ knobs between HARDWARE EQ control, and SOFTWARE STEMS control.
The only thing to keep in mind is that currently VirtualDJ will switch all 4 channels at the same time.

Posté 3 days ago @ 7:25 am
user26221342 wrote :
Another crucial juncture for VDJ . ( sorta ) Rane Performer is needed quickly. I know we keep saying it . This is truly the top 3 controller available . After RP, REV7, FLX10. It’s just CDJs. So . We gotta have the RP Support asap .

Not that support won't come "when it's ready", but "top 3 controller available" is a bit subjective, isn't it now ?
For instance, REV7, while it is a nice controller, is nowhere near the "top 3" if you're not interested in scratching and motorized decks. :P

Posté 3 days ago @ 7:29 am
IIDEEJAYII wrote :

This could be done very easily for any controller with VDJ, currently, by modifying the controllers mapping.

Would just require doing an action_deck query on PFL mapping, (or SHIFT_PFL mapping), to set 4 variables.
The respective actions of the EQs would be assigned again based on queries of the states of the 4 variables, along with action_deck queries to toggle the Stems/Freq behavior for each deck's EQs independently .

So with some initial thought I was expecting this kind of logic for the implementation, but @PhantomDeejay just said this:

PhantomDeejay wrote :

Manual of Rane Four will get updated, when the changes make it to public release (they are in Early Access I think)
Yes, if you update your device to the newest firmware, you can use SHIFT+PFL buttons to toggle the EQ knobs between HARDWARE EQ control, and SOFTWARE STEMS control.
The only thing to keep in mind is that currently VirtualDJ will switch all 4 channels at the same time.

@PhantomDeejay is this just because the EQ Mode is currently implemented as a global setting? Is there any way for it currently to become deck specific (as @||DEEJAY||'s logic implies or no, or am I misunderstanding your explanation)?

IIDEEJAYII wrote :

Why is this a good thing though?

I guess I would say flexibility and maybe just potential feature parity in this case. (IMO VirtualDJ pioneered this (Stems EQ)/had this on the all deck level way before the Rane Four)

Posté 2 days ago @ 10:43 am
Yes, it's because EQ Mode is a global setting.

And to be honest we believe it makes more sense to change all decks at the same time.
Even Mojaxx on the video for Rane Performer suggested to users to change all decks at the same time to avoid confusion.

At this point we are evaluating our options. We may switch to individual (per deck) EQ mode, or we may not. I can't say anything more about this.

Posté 2 days ago @ 11:33 am
@PhantomDeejay thank you for the clarification.

Posté 2 days ago @ 12:48 pm
I watched the Mojaxx video and I agree with what he said.

We do still have that mode in VDJ where 2 channels handle stems and the other 2 handle EQ though, right?

Posté 2 days ago @ 2:16 pm
I think that was inside two channels (channels 1 and 2 in 3124 orientation) = classic EQ, outside two channels (channels 3 and 4 in 3124 orientation) = stem isolators for the same channels as the inside two, but it kind of implies you don't want to use the outside channels (3 and 4).

Posté 2 days ago @ 2:50 pm
groovindj wrote :
We do still have that mode in VDJ where 2 channels handle stems and the other 2 handle EQ though, right?

Yes, but that mode requires that you play only with decks 1&2 (center) and use EQ controls of decks 3&4 (outer) to control stems on decks 1&2

In the "new" way (with the new firmware) on Rane Four (and Performer later down the road) you can switch ALL eq knobs between stems or frequency (at the same time).
So, you can also control stems (with eq knobs) on decks 3 & 4 as well.
This was not possible before, because the device uses external mixer audio configuration.
This means that before, trying to control stems on "all" decks with EQ knobs, was impossible because the knobs would also cut or boost eq frequencies at the same time as they were applying stems.
Now, this has been "solved"
What manufacturers did, to "solve" the issue, is really simple:
They implemented a "feature" where once the controller receives a particular MIDI message, it's EQ knobs will stop applying EQ, and will only send MIDI data (working effectively as software mixer)
When it receives another message, the controller resumes applying EQ (hardware operation) via the knobs.

Rane Four/Performer is not even the first unit to do this.

The first unit to offer this functionality was Reloop RMX-95 mixer.
Then Pioneer DDJ-REV7 followed with a FW update, and now Rane Four and Performer.

Posté 2 days ago @ 9:27 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
They should just stop dancing round the issue, would parametric pots really add that much to the cost?
They been a thing for decades, and there has been a average user case for including them since stems were released.

Posté 2 days ago @ 10:07 pm
The DJ Slimz wrote :
Sorry let me rephrase that.

When will there be compatibility for the Rane Performer?

I just received a message back from Virtual Dj regarding the Rane Performer for use with the VDJ software.

Their response below

Jimmy (VirtualDJ)

Jun 27, 2024, 16:18 GMT+3

Hello,

Unfortunately that controller is not currently supported and I do not have an ETA on if and when support might be added.

Posté yesterday @ 4:23 pm
That's pretty much what's been said above, isn't it?

Posté yesterday @ 4:32 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Pretty much yes, but to be clear ...
"I do not have an ETA on if and when support might be added"
should be ..
"I do not have an ETA on when support will be added"
and that's ^ official ;)

Posté yesterday @ 4:38 pm
91%