Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet directly load playlist into filelist
I have a panel in my skin that should show (an m3u playlist loaded into) the sidelist (but it doesn't anymore in VDJ 2024).

Is there a new way (vdjscript) to directly load a playlist into the filelist area?

BTW: using the same playlist with the vdjfolder extension (made by VDJ from the m3u playlist) in the script doesn't help.

Posté 22 hours ago
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
What is the script you used?

Posté 20 hours ago
Thank you as always, @Adion.

This is the script (which worked in an older skin) that I use...

<group name="SESSION PANNELS">
<panel name="SESSION 0" visible="var '$SESSION' 0">
<size width="114" height="45"/>
<pos x="306" y="952"/>
<button action="browser_gotofolder 'D:\REGGAE.vdjfolder' & browser_window 'folders' & browser_enter & playlist_load & switch_sidelist_playlist">
<size width="114" height="45"/>
<pos x="306" y="952"/>
<up x="1526" y="4707"/>
<down x="1526" y="4517"/>
<selected x="1526" y="4517"/>
</button>
</panel>
etc. etc.
</group>

...together with:

<group name="MAIN PANELS">
etc. etc.
<panel name="SESSION" visible="var '$MAINPANEL' 3">
<size width="1427" height="481"/>
<pos x="245" y="594"/>
<up x="24" y="2847"/>
<down x="24" y="2847"/>
<selected x="24" y="2847"/>
<filelist source="sideview">
<pos x="252" y="604"/>
<size width="1414" height="466"/>
<colors background="#000000">
<lists background="#000000" stripes="transparent" over="transparent" overstripes="transparent" selected="transparent" focus="transparent" text="#006B00" overtext="#006B00" selectedtext="#00A600" focustext="#00A600" automix="#006B00" button="transparent" buttonover="transparent" buttonselected="transparent" buttonactive="transparent" />
<columns background="#000000" text="transparent" />
</colors>
<font size="24" name="Arial Unicode MS" />
<fontheader size="0" />
</filelist>
</panel>
</group>

Posté 16 hours ago
The reason I asked is because I have a panel with a custom file list (ATM the sidelist) - so I'm not using the browser as such...

Posté 15 hours ago
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Works here, Sidelist is loaded with the given vdjfolder.
E.g. browser_gotofolder "C:\Users\babis\Documents\VirtualDJ\MyLists\Identical.vdjfolder" & browser_window 'folders' & browser_enter & playlist_load & switch_sidelist_playlist

Which part of your action doesnt work ? Focus of the correct List ? Loaded in Automix ? Loaded in Sidelist ?

Posté 15 hours ago
@DJDad
I honestly don't know.

I'm adapting an old skin to VDJ 2024 (with a few new modifications). The playlist simply doesn't show in the filelist on the panel. It's a blank space. So, I merely guessed the playlist wasn't loaded (I've tried my m3u list and the vdjfolder one). Maybe it's something else entirely. All the other panels load the correct content (albeit with some delay).

Thank you for your time and interest!

Posté 13 hours ago
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
If you map a keyboard button or skin Custom button as .. browser_gotofolder 'D:\REGGAE.vdjfolder' do you actually get this List focused in Browser Folders list ?
If so, you should get its content in the Files List

Perhaps the vdjfolder itself is empty. What do you get if you open it with a Text Editor ? Songs with valid Paths are there ?

Posté 12 hours ago
@DJDad

I have both the m3u and the vdjfolder playlists in D:\ and both are correctly populated. They are identical (as far as songs are concerned), so I deleted one song from the m3u list, to be able to identify the list that is loaded.

The custom button with "browser_gotofolder 'D:\REGGAE.vdjfolder' " does not load (i.e. show the contents of) either playlist.

The playlists are there and the music is there...

Posté 12 hours ago
@DJDad: I tried it your way (full path to MyLists) but no dice...

This is the work flow:

1 - BUTTON FROM THE SESSION SELECTION GROUP:
<button action="browser_gotofolder 'C:\Users\Cornel\AppData\Local\VirtualDJ\MyLists\REGGAE.vdjfolder' & browser_window 'folders' & browser_enter & playlist_load & switch_sidelist_playlist">
etc.

2 - BUTTON FROM THE PANEL SELECTION GROUP:
<button action="set '$MAINPANEL' 3 & sideview 'sidelist'">
etc.

3 - CALL THE PANEL:
<panel name="SESSION" visible="var '$MAINPANEL' 3">
<size width="1427" height="481"/>
<pos x="245" y="594"/>
<up x="24" y="2847"/>
<down x="24" y="2847"/>
<selected x="24" y="2847"/>
<filelist source="sideview">
<pos x="252" y="604"/>
<size width="1414" height="466"/>
<colors background="#000000">
<lists background="#000000" stripes="transparent" over="transparent" overstripes="transparent" selected="transparent" focus="transparent" text="#006B00" overtext="#006B00" selectedtext="#00A600" focustext="#00A600" automix="#006B00" button="transparent" buttonover="transparent" buttonselected="transparent" buttonactive="transparent" />
<columns background="#000000" text="transparent" />
</colors>
<font size="24" name="Arial Unicode MS" />
<fontheader size="0" />
</filelist>
</panel>

No playlist visible...

Posté 10 hours ago
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
I think your
filelist source=
is wrong

Posté 10 hours ago
Could you elaborate?

It worked this way on an older VDJ version...

Posté 10 hours ago