Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet karaoke will not play - Page: 1

Cette partie de ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes

d rocksPRO InfinityMember since 2006
I am evaluating this pretty cool software and have hit a snag. I can not get the karaoke to play. I have changed the association for .zip files to use the karaoke decoder but all I get is error in the turntable song box. The video screen pops open but will not play them. Any ideas?

Posté Mon 13 Mar 06 @ 6:19 pm
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I'm no expert on the karaoke functionality,
I'm sure You need to load the .cdg file onto the deck for it to play, the mp3 should be in the same folder. I think you should use a folder per song rather than .zip files.

Tell me if this helps.

Bagpuss.

Posté Mon 13 Mar 06 @ 6:40 pm
Is the video crossfader crossed to the correct deck?

What program did you use to convert your karaoke disk to zip?

If you check my BLOG, I've written some details about converting disks.

Do you use another program now for playing your zips?

Bagpuss,

Actually, if the files have been zipped and the extension has been correctly applied the zip file may be placed onto the deck.

Posté Wed 15 Mar 06 @ 4:21 am
I had a ton of my files that would not play in VDJ (Error). I used MP3+G Toolz to unzip all of them then zipped them right back up and all worked perfectly after that. There must be some zip method that I used over the years that VDJ does not like. Before doing what I suggested make sure all files inside your zips are named correctly or you will have one big mess.

Posté Wed 15 Mar 06 @ 8:48 am
I use S&D now. I had a problem before with it playing the wrong song. So I unzipped and rezipped with mp3g toolz. All of the files inside the zipped folder are named the same as the zipped folder name. Now some of them play by dragging the zipp folder to the deck. Most however do not. I would love to be able to play them in zipped form because of file space.

Posté Wed 15 Mar 06 @ 3:02 pm
What I am saying is to use MP3+G Toolz 4 to unzip all files then ZIP them back up. I know the current zip method works perfectlty with VDJ. Do not leav them uzipped unless you want to

Posté Wed 15 Mar 06 @ 6:40 pm
I did not know of a newer version of Toolz. I will need to check what I have but its worth a try. Does VDJ have a cue list similar to the S&D ( if you know)?

Posté Wed 15 Mar 06 @ 10:45 pm
yes, you can use waitlist, playlist, or sidelist. No place to put singers name though!

Posté Wed 15 Mar 06 @ 10:49 pm
DJ CyderPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003
don't use mp3g toolz vdj does not support this zipping method, contact pkware and complain about their redicolus licensing fees. If you use a standard zip (as in windows you'll have no problems)

Posté Wed 15 Mar 06 @ 11:25 pm
Mp3G Toolz DOES Work, Cyder... HOWEVER, as I posted in my blog it is STRONGLY Recommended for compatability to set the compression ratio to 5 - Default... any higher compression than that and you are surely going to have problems....

Also, for those of you getting an "error" message when you load the zip file, please check and make sure that your BPM engine is set to "TECHNO" NOT the other... this will cause some of your zip files to crash!!!!

Posté Fri 17 Mar 06 @ 12:46 pm
I've said it before somewhere and I'll say it again Mp3&g 2 zip works perfectly and does batch zipping.

available here and it's freeware

http://www.byrequest.dj/25594.html

I don't like 'toolz' at all, I use audiograbber to rip cd&g

Posté Fri 17 Mar 06 @ 3:29 pm
I'm testing AudioGrabber and it does appear to work well... I may alter to using that... When not using it.

Does MP3&G 2 Zip rename the files according to KJPro.com? Or do you have to manually rename them?

Mp3+GToolz DOES name your files.... I've rarely had them name them wrong.

Posté Fri 17 Mar 06 @ 3:53 pm
It names the zip the same as your mp3 and cdg file, ie if you have angels - robbie williams.cdg and angels - robbie williams.mp3, when you use mp3&g 2 zip it will give you a file called angels - robbie williams.zip

When i get my latest disks each month, i use audiograbber to rip the disk to mp3 +g after I have used freedb to add the id tags to the tracks, then i just use mp3&g 2 zip and it converts all tracks on the disk in one go. I never have to rename anything! It's just a pain in the backside when fredb comes back with "disk not known" :(

Posté Fri 17 Mar 06 @ 7:31 pm
I believe that Freedb takes longer than www.kjpro.com to update their disk library... I have had disks be one month old and they show up in MP3+G Toolz... they basically pull the information from that site and use the format.

I guess it's six of one, 1/2 a dozen of the other. However, you can always search KJPRO for a disk and if it shows up, it will label more often correctly.

More later I suppose, I have a show tonight.

Posté Fri 17 Mar 06 @ 7:58 pm
Me Too, I'm on in an hour! The benefits of owning the venue, I set up last night. All I need to do now is shave, change and go downstairs!

Posté Fri 17 Mar 06 @ 8:06 pm
"I've said it before somewhere and I'll say it again Mp3&g 2 zip works perfectly and does batch zipping."

Well, I dowloaded and tried both apps(renamer, and zipper). Neither program will allow you to select anything but the "C" drive(there is a dropdown box but it does not work on either of my computers). Then, once I try to use the program I get all kinds of errors.

Posté Fri 17 Mar 06 @ 9:27 pm
I tried winzip. Only problem is it will zip all of your files in one folder. I would prefer to zip the mp3 and the cdg file in one folder. It would take days to do all of my karaoke songs like that. Maybe mp3+g2 is worth a try.

Posté Sat 18 Mar 06 @ 12:51 am
Mp3 &g 2 zip works perfectly for me, i can choose ANY drive or location, never had a prob with it at all. It does EXACTLY as it says on the tin!

Posté Sat 18 Mar 06 @ 3:38 am
I think he was talking about "Flashrenamer" As far as that, YES YOU CAN choose another drive... however, I think it's a bit archaic in that you need to type it in, for example, if you want to rename from your "D" drive you need to type at the top, "D:\" then you can select. Also, once you been to a particular folder, it will show up in the drop down forever so you don't have to do that again.

Flashrenamer is good for renaming lots of file at once... if you don't want to spend the $20 to buy it, you can continue to use it as long as you wait while it counts how many files you've renamed (fyi).

As far as the tools to name your files, zip them, and burn from the computer, I'm going to update my recommendation to the current version of Audiograbber for several reasons, 1) It will read and burn media clog disks by sound choice (When it gets hung up, just eject the disk) 2) it will read multisession disks without any problem or need for deselecting the last track 3) I can use it during a show to import a disk or track and it will NOT interferre with VDJ (HOWEVER, I have a dual processor and this could have a lot to do with that!!!). 3) It's free!!!

MP3+G Toolz has been exceptional at maintaining consistancy across the board with regards to my disk labels. I'll admit there are one or two bugs that need to be worked out, like the renaming of files if you choose to use it to rip your disks, but in conjunction with a good program like AudioGrabber or Microstudio, you can't go wrong for zipping and naming files. It should also be noted that the longest part of that process is the accessing to internet to update files.

I don't want to declare myself the karaoke guru, but I've been working on the computer based karaoke stuff since before there was computer based karaoke programs... I'm always willing to help, either pm me or post and I'll try to help.

TOPHOUSE, two things, I'll look at the program you use, I'm just leary of anything that uses FREEDB because it's moreoften wrong then right and I get obscure disks sometimes that aren't too often listed... Sunfly, for example!!!

Secondly, I too use to own my own venue in Seattle... had lots of fun, my partner and I are seriously thinking about moving out of the states (current political climate, stupid laws and stupid people, you know) and was wondering if you'd pm me with the postives, negatives and likelihood of owning a venue similar to what I believe you described. Thanks.

Posté Sat 18 Mar 06 @ 2:09 pm
Will Do, but it will be on Monday when the busy period is over. Meanwhile, you can take a look at one of my places (we have 3) here :-

www.thetophouse.com

Posté Sat 18 Mar 06 @ 3:01 pm
74%