Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet karaoke will not play - Page: 2

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

d rocksPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Yes, it seems, so far that if the files are zipped other than with Mp3+g Toolz they seem to load fine in VDJ.
Any recommendations for a program that works like toolz but does not give VDJ heartburn?

Also, may be off topic a bit but, is their a skin or plugin that can give more than one video from the same deck? I would like to have an effect playing behind the singer on the projecter syncronized with the song while singer is singing. Maybe I'm just thinking outside of the "box", but that would be awesome!

Again sorry if this should be in another post, then..... I will make it happen. Thanks!

Posté Sat 18 Mar 06 @ 7:29 pm
Again, I Disagree... MP3+G TOOLZ DOES WORK!!!

As with ANY program, you have to make certain that you don't do the MAXI-Compression... you need to do less... it is posted in my blog...

As you don't have a registered version, I don't know if that's the issue... HOWEVER, Last night I played three NEW tracks I compressed with this program, so you agreement is not valid.

Posté Sat 18 Mar 06 @ 7:57 pm
PCGumshoe, I appreciate your advice. However, if you look at the very first post of this thread I mentioned I was evaluating this software. I legally downloaded the TRIAL version to see if it will work for me. I don't think it is a good business decision to buy something that does not work or work the way I need it to. Regardless, if you have to be a licensed user on this forum to be able to have a "valid" opinon or ask a question, be it in agreement or disagreement, should not be of consequense. After all it is a trial version and that is what I am doing, trying it out. If this is a problem, don't allow unlicensed users access to the forum. I suspect though that all new users who are "test driving" and I'll say it again "pretty cool software", will need help figuring out the little quirks before stepping out and buying anything. This forum might just make the difference whether someone buys it or not. Thanks again for your advice and perhaps I will look at MP3+G Tolz to see if I can try your suggestion. Just want to make sure that this feature works as it is a big part of my shows.
Thanx

Posté Sun 19 Mar 06 @ 1:42 am
The reason I believe your opinion may not be "valid" is because, and I'm sorry I overlooked you're on the trial version but that DOES confirm my position, the trial version is a little watered down as I'm to understand it.

Also, that you couldn't access my blog regarding how to convert CDGs for free, this too may have been at issue as I don't wish to have to 'refer' to my notes when I explain myself over and over again.

I'm sure you can appreciate that if you do one thing, and do it well over and over again, you don't like having to repeat yourself.

Your statement that MP3+G Toolz DOES NOT WORK for this program is NOT a valid statement for, in my opinion, several reasons....

1) It works for me provided you follow the directions I have outlined which included (and this is actually the case for at least ONE OTHER karaoke package that plays zipped files) that you do NOT use the maximum compression. You need to use the basic standard compression and I can't remember what it's called, but it is in my notes.... it is somewhere in the middle.

2) That you are NOT a registered user indicates that you are one of two things, and I didn't want to assume either... a) you are in the trial period, or b) you are using a cracked version.

As you have said you are using a trial version, that leads me to...

3a) The trial version DOES have some features that are not the same as the version I and all the other users here have access to... e.g. the most current version. Hence, you may be experiencing an anomoly not associated with the full version

had you been using a cracked version (and if you read here, I used the cracked version before I bought the program) it's light and day..

3b) The cracked version has flaws, disabled features and other issues that I am NOT prevey to that would make it less than worthy of my use.

I can't remember what I paid for this, when I bought it, but at the price I have paid in comparison to some other programs that are out there that offer "similar" but NOT the same, I have loved this program the most and am in a mad dash struggle to keep up with the technology and continue to improve my show.

I can't imagine doing the calibur of karaoke show that I currently do WITHOUT this program... I'll admit there are things that NEED adjustment, but I'm YEARS ahead of ANY competition.... I'll even say that I'm ahead of people who have this software and are still on a learning curve... that's only because I used to dream and envision a software package like this and what it could do in the right hands, namely mine.

Sorry about that last bit of grandious, but I am bi-polar!

Best of luck, I guarantee that if you buy this, you WON'T BE upset... I offer my assistance where possible in making your transition an easy one.

Posté Sun 19 Mar 06 @ 4:47 am
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005
d rocks,

PCGumshoe do karaoke all time. I know that you are evaluating VDJ software and got to be sure, but the Trial Version has limitations, but I think it have to work as it works for a lot of happy users.

Sorry but you can get this product working and get more information in the members area, as you are not, you have doubts in if can be done, PCGumshoe have it working and others who do karaoke too. For us in our experience, is better don't loose our time in case the problem is not in a full version. Because I think you are telling us the thru and you are evaluating VDJ, but some other lie about it, and we can spend hours and days trying to make work a cracked version and it wont work no mater what.

So, believe. If it is working for PCGumshoe, you can see what are his PC specs and for sure got it working in the same way he and others got VDJ working for karaoke.

Besides, you hardly are going to find a great community like this for sure. You are a smart guy, we don't earn any money if you use VDJ or not, but we want to share our experience and l share our happiness using VirtualDJ. This is a great product that can be use in many ways and all good enough to do a great show.

I Hope see you soon as a full member, good Luck!

Posté Sun 19 Mar 06 @ 5:33 pm
It's okay guys. I understand that cracked versions of any software is a hazard that all software companys have to deal with. I also understand why no one wants to support people that use this cracked programs. It only costs time and money to the people who are doing it the right way. Just letting you guys know that I really appreciate the help you get on this forum. I currently use a program that also has a support forum, but this software is way more advanced in its abilities so I will probably continue to ask questions ( may even get irritating ;) ).

Anyways, all is good and look forward to sharing expierences and ideas in the near future
Darren

Posté Sun 19 Mar 06 @ 6:15 pm
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005
No problem d rocks,

We are here to support all users and of course evaluating users too.

Have a nice day

Posté Sun 19 Mar 06 @ 7:42 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)