Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet sound quality?? (Fixed)

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

i'm currently using the demo version. Is the sound downgraded because its a demo? Or do I need to get a different codec for the audio? This only happens with videos...I have tried using .vob & mpg2 with the same results?

Make sense?

Posté Mon 20 Mar 06 @ 5:55 am
JeremKPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Virtual DJ is optimized to play audio files in 44,1kHz and 16 Bits.

Vob and MPG2 files are in 48kHz, the problem is from there!

If you can edit the vob files to have them in 44,1kHz then the sound will be great.

Posté Mon 20 Mar 06 @ 1:48 pm
when i rip the dvd to mpg this is what the settings look like-

video size - 720x480
ntsc
bitrate - usually round 8000
frame rate - 29.7

audio codec - mp2
bitrate - 320
sample rate - 44100
channels - stereo

I asume that sample rate is okay....but do you think the problem is that its encoded as a mp2?
I have the option to encode it to a ac3?

Any suggestions....should I change rippers. I'm currently using Xilisoft.
If I can find a resolution to this problem, I will be buying this program today.

thanks

Posté Mon 20 Mar 06 @ 11:27 pm
well when encoded with ac3 I get an error.....the file also will not play in winamp. So I'm assumming that mp2 format is fine. If its not I need to use another software program. Any suggestions?

thanks

-

Posté Mon 20 Mar 06 @ 11:42 pm
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Do you have the option to record to MP3? If not I recommend you use a Ripper which uses MP3.

Posté Mon 20 Mar 06 @ 11:49 pm
no option for mp3...any suggestions on a different ripper? I don't like to degrade the quality of the video at all....so vcd, svcd, divx, xvid are all out. I want to keep the original picture quality. I don't care about storage space. O it would also be nice if you were able to rip a .vob as the source not needing the .ifo file, reason being is I have over a hundred .vob files already ripped into the computer....as we all know that takes alot of time.

Any suggestions?

thanks

-

Posté Tue 21 Mar 06 @ 12:42 am
got it working....I'm using Xilisoft to rip the dvd a avi 720x480, mp3 44100. Works great thanks

Posté Wed 22 Mar 06 @ 8:03 pm
you can also use MPEG video wizard , it's an excellent program to change audio format and even without losing quality on video.

Posté Thu 23 Mar 06 @ 1:41 am
MP3 for a video file?
Never head of that.... .vob's are MP2

Posté Thu 23 Mar 06 @ 1:52 am
yes, me either heard of mp3 sample rate for vob files, only lpcm,mp2 as well as ac3.

Posté Thu 23 Mar 06 @ 2:19 am
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Yes MP3 can be used with Video files :).

Posté Thu 23 Mar 06 @ 4:21 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)