Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet questions about version 4 (2nd try) - Page: 2

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

I agree with maddsound, he said it well

I think the previous thread was locked because there were things mentioned, not based on facts, but only on speculations. I was doing also some speculation last weeks and Im sorry for that.

The VDJ developers and team is working hard for us, to create new versions and improvements in the tools we use to do our job (or hobby). They will not give the information before the new version is released. So we could just stop trying to get the information and let the team do what their good at: Developing DJ software, instead of trying to keep us in control.

With the release of version 2 and 3, after adding the video, I was thinking everytime: That we get this for free, while the initial purchase was cheap also, it is unbelievable.
Ewout

Posté Sat 08 Apr 06 @ 2:26 am
yeah... what he said...

just kidding..

wasn't trying stir up the hornets nest or keep on trying to get answers...

I thought it was funny that someone mentioned about letting information out that may not be on the final release thus disappointing the masses whom were excited about it.

I was recently on the PCDJ forum.... just inquiring about their new VJ product. I asked some questions about it and Ryan seemed to be confident it will the best things since sliced bread. Well I made a current comparison with VDJ and the new not released yet PCDJ VJ product. I made comment about the waveform in VDJ and their new VJ doesn't have it. I am going off of a screenshot THEY supplied on the web site. ( http://www.pcdj.com/Images/ProductImgs/vjscreenshot.jpg ) Ryan said... "oh that is old screenshot and we do have the waveform on it when it is released." Why did they even put out a screenshot of not ready for public software? I totally respect the staff here at Atomix for not releasing too much info that they have to try to re-explain later why or why not it isn't what they intially built up via hype. I intially had a couple of valid questions and it was basically told to me that I have to wait... I have no problems waiting. I am happy with current version anyways. The new one will be like a bonus when it is released. :-)

Posté Sat 08 Apr 06 @ 4:17 am
Having worked for the software inustry in my past I can understand where Atomix are coming from with the secrecy and reluctance to talk about new features. When you either work on a major software project, or, as some of the mods, higher ups on this forum, have some inside information, you sign a non disclosure agreement with the company, this forbids you from talking about it's features and development until the company allows it.

HOWEVER

What I do find inadequate, and where the Atomix team 'are' failing it's users, is where there seems to be a general reluctance to acknowledge what are genuine bugs, and at least make a commitment that they will be fixed. There are various bugs in 3.xx that are known, are reproducable and are definite software bugs, NOT just glitches that some have and some don't. At least acknowledge these problems Atomix and show some commitment to your users!

Case in point.. The lack of functionality of visualisations when using advanced soundcard options. This point, amongst others, keeps coming up, who would be upset if the dev team said "yes, OK, we acknowledge there is a problem with that, but please bear with us, a fix is in the pipeline"

Or would you be more upset if the issues just get ignored?

It was mentioned in another thread, the locked one, regarding a fee to upgrade to V4, I'm not going to assume either on this point, what I would like to point out though, is that some favourite phrases in here are "VDJ works 100% for the majority of users" and "VDJ works perfectly in most instances" Those of us who use the software in a professional capacity, and are using "Professional Edition". Are aware of a small number of bugs, and I personally, would be extremely offended if a charge 'was' added for what technically, is a series of bug fixes!

Yes it IS great software, yes it does have the potential to be the best out there, but I think there has to be a little more give and take here somewhere! A product is only as good as it's support network.

Posté Sat 08 Apr 06 @ 3:42 pm
Quote : Superstom

"I think the previous thread was locked because there were things mentioned, not based on facts, but only on speculations"

Its really too bad this thread had to meet the same fate. Topic Closed.

Posté Sat 08 Apr 06 @ 5:20 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)