Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet questions about version 4 (2nd try) - Page: 1

Cette partie de ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes

Hi all...

Last time I posted some questions the topic got locked. Everyone was ranting about the price question I had... frankly I don't care if they increase the price. I will still pay for any major updates like that. No the big issue here. SO PLEASE NO ONE START RANTING ABOUT THE PRICE!!!

The main questions I had were about functions.
These are some of the questions I had from my previous posts:

1)
Will the new update (version 4) have the ability to route two seperate video signals (player 1 and 2) as an option in order to use an external video mixer/switcher? I want to crossfade videos will mixing with a crossfader and one option would to buy pioneers video switcher utilizing most current mixers with the CD start function. (http://www.djdeals.com/pioneerVSW1.htm) $399 shipped. Or do I have to buy a midi compatible mixer like the Ecler NOU 4 ($749) or the new Pioneer DJM-800 ($1500)? I am currently using a Denon mixer with the CD start function and would love to utilize it if I could with video switching without spending more money a new mixer.

2)
Will it have more ID3 tag support than version 3? Really need more fields than title, artist, BPM, and comment. I am pretty sure I am not alone on that one.

3)
Can we use any of the current effects, skins, or plug-ins with it? I love Cyders new V-Mix skin for video mixing. Would be a shame if I could use it or maybe if you guys could have multiple options for default skins in the program already according to one's needs. Like some people do nothing but use the on-screen functions (ei. play, stop, loop, etc) have a skin with just that on it.. Maybe a skin geared to users of external controllers (DAC-3, TCV, TCCD)... I would hate to bug some of these guys whom have mastered the art of skinning the program to pump out Version 4 of the their current skin. I know I tried it once and spent entirely too much time trying to learn it... not enough patience with it.

4)
Will the new version support 48khz audio for DVD ripped videos. I am sooooo tired of re-sampling my videos for better sound use. I have nearly 2000 videos already and I am not even half way down re-sampling them. Be nice to know I don't have to anymore and I could focus on other things like taking walks, sleeping, and paying bills. Just hate being a slave to the computer for so long.

5)
Database transferrable from previous version? After scanning and setting cue points for so many files in the current version that would be even more time preparing my system for use after updating the software.

Posté Fri 07 Apr 06 @ 7:22 pm
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Only when Version 4 is released will the changes be listed.

Posté Fri 07 Apr 06 @ 7:42 pm
Well... I have the money this coming week to buy the Ecler Nou 4 mixer... so if I don't have to spend $749 because of the possibility of 2 video outputs for use of a switcher. Hmmm I wouldn't mind knowing at least that much in advance...

Posté Fri 07 Apr 06 @ 7:52 pm
Sounds like a good answer to me. No peeking in the bag. I don't know if it will make a difference if you know now. It is gonna be, what it's gonna be. I guess we will all find out at the same time. Just read your post. So you will wait before buying the mixer?

Posté Fri 07 Apr 06 @ 7:52 pm
The problem is that if someone answered your question (specific to your needs) then it will have to be done for everyone, and that's not the way Atomix like to operate. So from now on, I for one will be keeping my mouth shut, however I answered these questiosns earlier to the best of my knowledge.

The other things is, yes we went off topic last time and the thread was closed, but the thread is bound to go in that direction again, it's all in the title.

Posté Fri 07 Apr 06 @ 8:05 pm
d rocksPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Again, for what it's worth... Al has some valid questions and suggestions and this is the perfect forum to talk about these ideas. I think this forum is great. It seems like the guys back in the labs really listen to what the users out here in the field are seeing because you will see them posting as well. I am new to VDJ and video mixing but not to audio mixing and DJing. The current release is really nice and does more than anything around it especially for the price. It has been very stable and not crashed with me so far. I have gigs almost every Friday and Saturday nights, so it gets a work out. With that being said, it could use some enhancements. In a couple of threads I have posted here, it would be nice to have more than 1 video output for a deck. That would open up a lot of avenues. For example, playing karoke and a visualtion or video on a projection screen is one possibilty. The ID3 tag and db search could also use a little work. I really don't want every song in 1 folder so the interactive search will work.
One other thing that I would like to add, a que list for Karaoke. I do a lot of that and should not have to keep up with the little slips of paper. I like being able to type in the name and the song and throw away that slip. I will do about 50 -55 karaoke songs tonight. That will get pretty cluttered if I have to keep them around.

I really like VDJ, it is ahead of the rest of the programms. The sound quality is not that bad. I am sure will get better with version 4, besides most of the drunks at the bar can't tell the difference anyway.

Not trying to take this off subject, but a small charge for improvements is not bad. I Wouldn't want to pay full price though. It would be worth it if it has all of these changes. I suppose that is why we have numbers greater than 1. Everything gets better with expierence and software is no exception.

Posté Fri 07 Apr 06 @ 8:59 pm
The New Feature forum is the place to list all of the things you just said, d rock. What he wants is a list of things that are in the upcoming ver 4. This is already done, they are just testing for stability. They have said they will release the list, along with the update. Suppose one of the features don't pan out during testing, and they remove it from the release. Then some will be upset that it did not make it. I don't think now is the time to add new features to it. With the speed they have addressed previous issues, I would not worry about their commitment to taking care of business. Unfortunately, these things take time, and it will never be fast enough for some.

Posté Fri 07 Apr 06 @ 9:42 pm
Low-fat-al posted in another thread: “4) Cost? I have some DJ's I know now that want to buy the software but are thinking of waiting for the new release. I told them it may be more but I am not sure. Currently $149 digital download for U.S. users. Great price. So how soon before it is released and they have no choice but spend more... not that it isn't worth it. Just giving them a heads up.”

How did we go off topic? You did ask about price. I don’t understand why that thread was closed because most of the people that posted in it have accepted a price increase.

Corporate staff posted in the same thread: “Nothing has been officially announced yet, so please don't make speculations. Topic closed.”

Why close such a topic??? You benefit from this type of discussion because it allows you to see how your customers will react to any possible increase. VISIO had such a discussion and most people were not willing to pay over $100 for an upgrade to FX. Guess what? The upgrade was $99 (for software that didn’t work). Nobody criticized Atomix Productions for contemplating an upgrade fee—it’s about time! The only concern expressed was that there shouldn’t be a charge for “sound quality improvement,” which is an update. Consequently, I suggested in the other thread to “provide a separate free update for the sound quality improvement.”

Furthermore, the sound quality “update” should have been done before the video mixing “upgrade,” which should have been offered in VDJ 4 in my opinion. The ability to do video mixing was a substantial upgrade that warranted an addition charge, but Atomix Productions chose not to charge us for it (THANK YOU). Therefore, I do $upport an appropriate upgrade fee if these upgrades are substantial and don’t include improving the sound quality.

OO

btw. Please don't close this thread unless it gets out of control.

Posté Fri 07 Apr 06 @ 10:00 pm
Sorry for the misunderstanding. I was trying to empasize low fat al's idea is where I was heading with that. Some of the things he was asking about were good points is all I was pointing or at least trying to point out. But I will try to curb my enthusiasim.

Posté Fri 07 Apr 06 @ 10:08 pm
@ d rocks

My post is directed @ low-fat-al for this statement in the first post:

“Everyone was ranting about the price question I had... frankly I don't care if they increase the price. I will still pay for any major updates like that. No the big issue here. SO PLEASE NO ONE START RANTING ABOUT THE PRICE!!!”

My post is also directed @ Bagpuss for this statement in his second post:

“yes we went off topic last time and the thread was closed, but the thread is bound to go in that direction again, it's all in the title.”

Furthermore, it is also directed @ Corporate staff for closing the other thread. Consequently, you have no reason to be “sorry” and keep up the “enthusiasim.” ;)

OO

Posté Fri 07 Apr 06 @ 10:17 pm
Thanks OO I can't curb it if I tried. I was more or less responding to A Man And His Music. I suppose it was sounding like a wish list more than agreement with Low Fat Al.

Anyways Thanks

Posté Fri 07 Apr 06 @ 10:44 pm
@Double O, my point in regards to where you quoted me is thus:
If the last thread was closed, what makes you think this one wont be?, This thread is just A continuation of the last one. Just like the Numark threads, as fast as one was closed another was opened (asking the same questions and making the same speculations), if the bosses of the forum want it closed (not me) then surely we should respect that decision?, perhaps the place for challenging the decisions of the corporate staff is not on this forum.

Posté Fri 07 Apr 06 @ 11:15 pm
Sometimes we forget, that this is not our forum. I was reminded about that the other day. I have no problem with that. I agreed to abide by their rules when I signed up. They can do what they want here, and don't owe me any explaination. I am the same way with my business.

Posté Fri 07 Apr 06 @ 11:45 pm
True....They can and will do what they want in their forum, but I don't see anything wrong with the discussion if it is done properly. However, I will respect the wishes of Corporate staff and drop the topic of an upgrade fee.

OO

Posté Sat 08 Apr 06 @ 12:27 am
ummm....
yeah...

so I guess my intial questions are not going to be answered until the release which is when they get it solid.. I am greatful for at least the amount of testing and realizing what does and doesn't work function wise. Take your time.

I just didn't know how many other people are on the dilema of buying a midi compatible mixer as compared to a video switcher (which is cheaper). I have no problems buying a midi compatible mixer to use the current version. In fact I might just go ahead and do it. Go ahead and dare me... go ahead... ok I will... you talked me into it.

The ID3 Tag problem I somewhat solved that issue with the current version. I have re-encoded my mp3's because PCDJ adds crap to the files and has corrupted some of them. I have re-tagged the mp3's utilizing the comment field for the version of the song. It is a pain in the ass but it works and I don't mind spending the rest of my life in front of the computer re-encoding and tagging my thousands of files... the main fields I use anyway are artist, title, version, and bpm.

I already heard the plug-ins and skins maybe compatible.. that is cool.

I have already re-sampled some of my DVD ripped videos from 48khz to 44khz. Once I am done with that I have already made it a practice to continue to do that. Not a huge problem.

I also I heard the database will be transferrable which is good news.

But anyways...

Posté Sat 08 Apr 06 @ 12:33 am
Come on guys...we really have to stop creating these posts that keep getting closed. Is V4 coming soon...yes. We have heard it from Corporate, Users Management, Internal, Support, Ultra-VIPs and VIP Teamers many times already. When will it come...no one is saying as either they truely don't know or won't say. Is it being tested...yes. In other posts it was said that the VIPs are testing it as we post. That takes time. They have to test it in clubs, with mixers, with TCCDs, with TCVs, with laptops and desktops. Alot of testing as I know that as soon as it comes out, there will be some bugs discovered. Hopefully not a lot of them...but in order for that not to happen, please give them some time to properly test this version out. Also there are many that are very desperate...I am one that will love to see an improved Sound Engine. But I must respect the wishes of the various Teamers. Poor Bagpuss tried to be a good guy and answer a few questions and Corporate had to correct him. As you can tell, the VIPs are prevy to alot of information...but not everything.
So lets give this a rest. Let the VIPs finish thier testing so that we can get the best bug free version Atomix can offer. I just hope that when it shows up that people will be appreciative(including myself).

Remember...patience is a virtue
So Low-fat-al..no more tries please...

MS

Posté Sat 08 Apr 06 @ 12:53 am
I'll probably get banned or get this thread locked for mentioning this, or maybe get some of my stars revoked, but I can't help but notice this changeup in attitude regarding the new version 4.0 that is coming out. Everyone seems to be hyped on the new sound engine and how much better it is than the current engine. Funny thing is though, 8 months ago when people like me commented on how the sound quality in VDJ is lacking,.. everyone told us that the sound quality in VDJ is "flawless", "perfect" and as good as every other DJ software out there.

But now, the new sound engine is "professional quality". I'm all for improvements and making the software better, but don't tell me I'm stupid 8 months ago for suggesting the sound quality is not up to par. Am I the only one who notices this?

Oh and mods, please don't revoke any stars or lower my user level.

Posté Sat 08 Apr 06 @ 1:12 am
xgl_djPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I noticed that too… LOL
And what’s up with all the CENSORSHIP around here…give it a rest. Automix announced an upcoming improved version of VDJ but when the user’s talk about a possible time frame the software will be released or possible feature in the new software… threads get locked. ???????

Posté Sat 08 Apr 06 @ 1:33 am
anewsome,
I know what your talking about, what I said then and what I'd say now is: VDJ 3.x has good enough sound quality for the majority of users (most will tell you it sounds fine), the sound quality had been described as "bad" by some and this I personally reject, it is good, most are fine with the standard, but perfection is A must for certain people and certain conditions.

This was recognised (maybe through those older threads) and now addressed, and Atomix are delivering the stuff that people want, I for one am grateful for this.

Posté Sat 08 Apr 06 @ 1:58 am
The stealth attitude could be for a few reasons...
First-Piracy.
I don't think that Atomix wants to give too much of thier goodies out prior to release as to not attract unwelcomed attention from thier competitors. Remember these new features are for VDJ users. Not the competition. Also the few that do have an inside tip might begin to unwilling leak a few secrets that the Corporate staff don't want leaked out yet.
Secondly-Public Relations.
When new people come to this forum they will read "speculation" such as the possiblitiy of paying a certain amount of money for the upgrade which could either scare them off to wait and purchase the program once the new version comes out. That would be bad for business. Or people will be upset once the new version comes out and all the "speculation" that they read and believed is all false. The Team let us know that there will be a new awesome update, that is to entice not only us to stay with VDJ but new comers as well.
Thirdly-Rules.
As long as I have been here, Atomix has never told us when a new update was coming. They give us a little and that's all. Those are thier rules. In the last few weeks there have beed countless posts about the Numark VDJ cooperation and about the release date of V4. Enough is enough.
Be patient. Good things happen to those that wait.

There you have it.

MS

Posté Sat 08 Apr 06 @ 1:58 am
83%