Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Sujet Waveform Warping - Moves faster towards the center

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

SupaconPRO InfinityMember since 2005
I had an idea for a feature that might be useful for a lot of people, but it's a little hard to describe.

In the waveform display, instead of it just being flat, and moving at a constant speed, it'd be cool to be able to see a much bigger swath of the waveform, but have it zoomed in a lot right in the middle, but zoomed out more on the edges. As the waveform moves towards the center, it gets more zoomed in (and thus appears to move faster). So it's kind of distorted, like you are looking at it with a magnifying glass in the middle.).

I'm not sure how complex the graphics to do this would be, but it'd be handy because on the edges of the waveform display, you could see what's coming up, but in the middle you could see the current beat in great detail.

Posté Sat 09 Sep 06 @ 12:57 am
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005
Nice suggestion, could be a option. But you can see what is coming in preview windows below?

Posté Sat 09 Sep 06 @ 8:42 am
You mean the small waveform where you see the entire song? Yeah, you can see what is coming, but not in much detail. This would allow a view more detailed than that entire waveform, but not so close-up as the normal scrolling waveform.

Posté Sun 10 Sep 06 @ 1:53 am
Well, it would be nice if waveform has the option of zooming in, like 1 min, 30 sec, etc, so you could see what is coming.

Posté Sun 10 Sep 06 @ 8:23 am
The zooming option is already there. In the default vdj4 skin click on the 1,2 and 3 button at the right side of the wave form. You could also place your mouse on the wave and scroll to zoom in and out.
Ewout

Posté Sun 10 Sep 06 @ 4:18 pm
Not that one Superstorm, I now about it, the other one below that displays the entire song like in Sound Forge, that one could have zoom-in option and auto progress. For instance, you set it at 30 sec, and it will automaticaly expand waveform and you can see better. Hope you understand.

Posté Sun 10 Sep 06 @ 9:54 pm
A I get it, I thought you mentioned the large waveform, but you mentined the little "Total song" overview. That idea could be helpfull.
I was also liking a request done long time ago: That you could be able to set the "mix line" in the large waveform, currently always in the middle of the waveform, wherever you want. I should set it at 25% from the left. In this case you could see upcomming beats earlier, Im not that interested in the part that already has played.
Ewout

Posté Mon 11 Sep 06 @ 11:10 pm
This is very Apple Mac, their taskbar does this, I'd love to see this in VDJ.

Posté Thu 21 Sep 06 @ 2:39 pm
Right, that's the same basic idea!

This would be pretty neat in virtualdj. I'd love to see a demonstration of it.

The idea is just to have precision so you can see exactly what's right by your "needle" (i.e., the currently playing part of the sound), and you can still see what's coming up 20 or 30 seconds from now at the edge of the screen.

You've still got the full waveform of the song below in its own deck.

BTW, I should make a special modification of my videovision skin that is 1920 pixels wide... then I could make the waveforms crazy huge. It might be a lot of work though to make it look nice.

Posté Sun 19 Nov 06 @ 10:03 pm
Dj XeoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
one simple feature i would like is to move the white line further to the left because i dont realy care about whats allready played as i do about if my breaks are matching up in 16 beats time.

a bent time line wouild be confusing. maybe a thumbnail with a closeup would be better with no warping of the display

Posté Wed 22 Nov 06 @ 1:48 am
TexZKPRO InfinityMember since 2005
I completely agree with Dj Xeo.

Posté Wed 22 Nov 06 @ 10:06 pm
once in a blue moon, someone does

its a shame there are no developers here, or more people that understand things

Posté Fri 24 Nov 06 @ 1:43 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
that would be useful

maybe somthing a bit like this

image of beat calc

u can get it here
as a free tool for the linux platform or for osx mac
http://gdam.ffem.org/download.html

Posté Fri 24 Nov 06 @ 11:09 am
that may be a little too advanced, just a sloseup view and a beter overview,
the overview could be increased by moving the playback point line further to the left as desired

Posté Tue 28 Nov 06 @ 2:32 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
maybe having the option to do both to suit every ones needs ?

Posté Tue 28 Nov 06 @ 11:25 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)