Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Sujet Please- new for 4.2 (video usage)

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

HoffmanPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Hi,

I do not think there is a way around this in 4.1 but is needed for 4.2

We need to have a setting in VDJ that UNLOADS the video automatically before the next one is dropped to load.

The reason this is so important is the recent trend of people reporting that when a video is playing out and you load another one to wait, there is a slight puase in the outpuutting video.

This does not happen
* on first loads of video to a deck
* multiple loads on the same deck (you keep changing your mind on what video to play)
* IF YOU UNLOAD before loading the next video.

So,

the request...

an option
** unload videos (or both aufdio/video) AUTOMATICALLY upon loading of new one.

any response would be appreciated.

Thanks!!!

B

Posté Tue 07 Nov 06 @ 5:07 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004

good one ,

yes we get the idea but did you realy need to post it in 3 places? lol

Posté Tue 07 Nov 06 @ 6:04 pm
sorry.

Posté Tue 07 Nov 06 @ 6:12 pm
no matter lol

it just ul have the mods after you

Posté Tue 07 Nov 06 @ 6:33 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
You do realize that the UNLOAD feature really doesn't do anything right? It releases the pointer from VDJ to that file to be played, it does not remove or clean up memory. There is no magical advantage to the unload - I bet you would find if you loaded an audio track then a video track you would get the same result as Unload then Load of Video track.

I don't agree with your solution, sorry. I still think it's a performance issue of the machine it's not a software flaw.

cstoll

Posté Wed 08 Nov 06 @ 12:05 pm
@Cstoll,
I have to strongly and respectfully disagree (from experience with this problem here)

you said
"You do realize that the UNLOAD feature really doesn't do anything right? It releases the pointer from VDJ to that file to be played, it does not remove or clean up memory. "

I think that is exactly the point. If the "pointer" is pointing to a video, and you drop another one over it there is hesitation to the outputting video. When VDJ UNLOADS first (therefore no pointer as you say) and then you drop a video on that side, there is no bad effect to the outputting video.

I do not know the technical end behind what is hanging up the outputitng video when one is dropped over another one that is waiting (maybe CPU, maybe a bbug),
I also don;t know exactly what is happening when you unload the video, BUT when unload is hit first and then you load the next video, the outputting video is PERFECT every time, so wouldn;t it make sense that unloading would be a huge advantage to every single VDJ owner using video??? (even if it was people's systems, which I don't think it is).

VDJ certainjly has almost 100 others etting to account for "people's system setting," why not one that helps everyone with this situation?

"I bet you would find if you loaded an audio track then a video track you would get the same result as Unload then Load of Video track. "

I am not sure what you mean here, but you realize this video problem only happnens with videos? right?

To me, for now and with a strong lack of a clear solution from any mods right now, this seems like a very simple fix to a common problem with video in virtual DJ.

your thoughts,

Posté Wed 08 Nov 06 @ 1:00 pm
DjGazUKPRO InfinityMember since 2005
If it's an hardware problem then please tell me what I need to buy next!?

Currently running Pentium 3.2 Dual Core. 2 Gig Ram, SATA-II Hard Drive, various graphics cards. All the different combinations of hardware give the same results for me.

But please share your thoughts, I will gladly buy whatever I need to get VDJ running like it should.

Posté Thu 09 Nov 06 @ 1:28 am
@Gaz,

how about a simple option that unloads the waiting first when you hit cue before you load the next one over it?

this would seem to be the best to solve the video glitch problem that occurs right now.

Posté Thu 09 Nov 06 @ 2:55 am
cstoll wrote :
You do realize that the UNLOAD feature really doesn't do anything right? It releases the pointer from VDJ to that file to be played, it does not remove or clean up memory. There is no magical advantage to the unload - I bet you would find if you loaded an audio track then a video track you would get the same result as Unload then Load of Video track.

I don't agree with your solution, sorry. I still think it's a performance issue of the machine it's not a software flaw.

cstoll

i agree as i posted on 2 other locations of this topic

it will still hold the video in ram , so no speed up ocurs

Posté Thu 09 Nov 06 @ 11:16 am
Dj XeoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
my understanding is the data still exists but it is free to be overwriten making more meory availble. one thing you should try (this may seem obv but you neer know) make sure the deck you are loading the video to has stoped and has no effects in use on it.

Posté Mon 13 Nov 06 @ 1:32 am
skyfxl wrote :
cstoll wrote :

cstoll

i agree as i posted on 2 other locations of this topic

it will still hold the video in ram , so no speed up ocurs

aparently this isnt the case on cards with their own V ram oops

Posté Mon 13 Nov 06 @ 12:08 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)