Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet TCV's - skips/clicks when rewinding vinyl

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

This is a fairly minor problem, but curious if anyone has any quick suggestions? VDJ4.1 with TCV is working pretty much flawlessly for me at this point... But I've noticed when I'm cueing up the incoming record, if I rewind it too quickly it causes skips and clicks in the playing track... It only does this when I have the keylock feature on, and when I move it quickly backwards, so it seems like it's only under times of heavy CPU usage... Any quick solutions to this? Or will backwards-reading-TCV-updates fix this type of problem in the future?

Thanks!

Posté Tue 07 Nov 06 @ 9:33 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
what card are you using?

Posté Tue 07 Nov 06 @ 10:48 pm
M-audio delta44... Any suggestions ?

Posté Tue 07 Nov 06 @ 11:35 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
sounds like cpu overtax

try lowering proformance tab

preferences > proformances

fast < quality

Posté Tue 07 Nov 06 @ 11:41 pm
Dj XeoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
it doesnt affect me, although for me i cant use good timestretch and scratch smoothing at the same time, its ether badMT/good scratch or goodMT/bad scratch.

although i get skips and pops etc when im using prelisten and i search in that

Posté Wed 08 Nov 06 @ 12:14 am
Yeah, scratching with keylock on is, I think, one of the more CPU-intensive tasks you can ask VDJ to do... I'll try lowering the performance setting, thanks!

Posté Wed 08 Nov 06 @ 12:19 am
Actually changing the performance slider doesn't seem to affect this so much as using "Fast" instead of "Advanced" Master Tempo -- I set it to "Fast", and no skips at all on rewinds! But how much better is the "advanced" master tempo compared to "fast"? Am I losing significant quality on the master tempo by using the "fast" setting?

Posté Wed 08 Nov 06 @ 12:25 am
Hi guys,

I'm on the verge of purchasing Virtual DJ Pro, and I'm working through the last few days of my Numark Cue demo. I purchased the TCVs a while back for evaulation to replace my Ms. Pinky setup.

I am having a similar issue when I quickly rewind the vinyl, which you can hear in this mp3:

http://www.robotkid.com/tranz/vdj/vdj_scratch_breakup_asio.mp3

As you will hear, the first time or two I pull back the TCV, it sounds ok, but after a few pull backs, it seems to get confused, and starts to stutter. (The stutter effect you hear is a glitch, not me moving the fader quickly.)

I've experienced this on a U46DJ connected to a MacBook, and a Dell 8600. I've scoured these forums, and tried everything...including the tips mentioned in this thread. If I can't find a solution to this problem, it would be a shame, because I love everything else about VDJ/Cue so far!

Using Ms. Pinky vinyl control, I've never had this problem. Ms. Pinky seems to handle pulling back rapidly more gracefully somehow. It sounds like VDJ gets confused. My CPU meter is fine, but if I try some pull backs while watching the TCV meters, the signal goes from 100% down to 0%, then back up to 100%.

I appreciate any feedback you have, and hope I can purchase VDJ as soon as this is resolved (and before my Cue demo runs out!)

Thank you very much,

-Robotkid

Posté Wed 08 Nov 06 @ 3:56 am
the signal is allways displayed as 0 % when moivuing backwards, no mater how slow. (by the way you need to mute your timecode inputs as i can hear timecode signal in the recording) it sounds like you may be having problems because of the fast scratch affecting the timecode read quality. tweak your settup (stylus, tonearm etc)

if you can move the disk fast (like with the motor off and spinning it quite fast) without this but if you scratch this fast, VDJ doesnt sound good its more likely than not going to be the quality of the timecode getting to VDJ when your scratching than VDJ not understanding

a computer program doesnt care if you are going forwards or forwards, backwards, forwards, backwards, its all the same to it. what changes is how clean the timecode VDJ hears is when you shove the disk about and when its left alone.

my advice to you is check your using good

TTs (chepo ones are not stable under scratch
carts (same again)
clean, un-dammaged vinyl (vital to making sure there are no glitches and scratch is smooth)

and make sure that everything is settup properly, anti-skate messed up my timecode quality but that was soon fixed, for some reason VDJ doesnt like my 'S' tonearms for my TT500s, wont work no matter what i do

best of luck

Posté Thu 09 Nov 06 @ 2:22 am
Thanks Xeo,

I've tried this on a variety of high quality turntables, with new needles, carts, etc.

Using Ms. Pinky vinyl control, I've never experienced this type of audio breakup on scratching.

The TCV's I purchased are pretty flimsy...I wonder if they are first generation or something?
I think I read somewhere here that the newer ones have better quality.

So, is anyone else scratching with TCV's having similar issues here? If you listen to the mp3 I posted, I'm barely doing anything, just pulling the record back quickly...

Thanks,

-Robotkid

Posté Fri 10 Nov 06 @ 5:50 am
yup

Posté Sat 11 Nov 06 @ 5:22 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)