Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet VirtualDJ without using a PC

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

I propose a VirtualDJ concept device without using a PC

Imagine being able to use VirtualDJ without the use of a laptop or desktop PC yet still having the use of a full screen monitor. Just plug in your Hard drive, keyboard, and mouse and you are up and running. NO BOOT UP TIME, no internal hard drives to crash, no configuration issues. The user could plug any USB sound card and/or controller without having to load drivers. The box would be small enough to fit in any DJ rig and would be updatable as new features are released.

Sorry, it doesn't just exist but maybe using a device like this, it could be done.
http://www.linutop.com/

Someday technology is going to catch up to the speed of my ideas
WirelessDJ

Posté Sun 03 Dec 06 @ 4:29 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
that would be cool the lighting desks i use are standalone boxes like that

Posté Sun 03 Dec 06 @ 4:52 pm
very nice idea

Posté Wed 06 Dec 06 @ 9:12 am
NiemsPRO InfinityMember since 2006
That would be a brilliant idea, but we have to wait for technology to catch up cause at the moment, a box that small wouldnt be way powerful enough to run VDJ the way we use it...

Posté Wed 06 Dec 06 @ 1:00 pm
TexZKPRO InfinityMember since 2005
I'm sorry, but VirtualDJ is based on Windows services such as DirectX, and NEEDS drivers to use some hardware. No, it isn't possible to do that. Just buy a laptop computer (even if I would prefer desktop ones) and plug your drivers and optimize Windows XP. You'll see that if it's optimized well you won't be bored of it. Trust me!

Posté Wed 06 Dec 06 @ 1:15 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
i wonder if it could run on a citrix small client pc

Posté Wed 06 Dec 06 @ 6:39 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)