Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Sujet MilkDrop for VDJ

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

I don't want to have to run winamp in line in mode just to get Milkdrop to work. I would like to have VDJ natively run MilkDrop.

Thanks in Advance.

Posté Mon 11 Dec 06 @ 7:14 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
i think this may be added in a future update

Posté Mon 11 Dec 06 @ 6:42 pm
TexZKPRO InfinityMember since 2005
I like MilkDrop a lot, but I think Winamp plugins will drink all your CPU, unless you've got a powerful PC. However, interfacing MilkDrop means you can interface all the other Winamp plugins, because the interface is the same...

Posté Tue 26 Dec 06 @ 1:48 pm
Paz75PRO InfinityMember since 2006
Not really, MilkDrop is a hefty executable added onto Winamp so theres a visual engine inside of it. AVS is the only winamp system that is truly a standardized method. Its also quite light so would be much easier to integrate with VDJ

Posté Thu 28 Dec 06 @ 4:21 am
TexZKPRO InfinityMember since 2005
No, MilkDrop is loaded from a COM-like object called "vis_milk.dll". If you download the Winamp Visualization Plugin SDK, you can see how the COM-like class is structured. By developing a DirectX 9 engine which is compatible with this interface, we can load almost every Winamp plugin.

Posté Wed 03 Jan 07 @ 1:39 pm
SupaconPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Oh baby, that'd rock. I used to use MilkDrop when I DJed with foobar2000, and it worked really good (someone wrote a plugin called Baconwrap that let you use the winamp plugins in foobar).

One neat feature that was cool was how it showed the song title and artist. Too bad videos (and most of everything else in VDJ) doesn't work that great with tagging, but it'd be neat if you could feed the song title to milkdrop from the deck that had the video fader most on its side (did that make sense).

So if the video fader is to the left, milkdrop displays that song's title and artist, etc.

Posté Sun 11 Feb 07 @ 3:15 am
Hey there..

I am new to VDJ. Just getting into how it works and picking up a hardware controller today which is supposed to work with VDJ.

I have been doing VJ shows alongside live bands (my web site [link removed], where you can see videos from my live shows).

One of the main programs I use is Milkdrop. The visuals which it produces are in a word AWESOME (especially using the latest presets that guys like Martin have developed recently).

I have also been writing a program myself which uses the Microsoft Kinect. I figured out how to overlay the kinect graphics on top of Milkdrop.

As most of you already know Winamp is NOT a DJ application. The only reason I use Winamp is because of Milkdrop (oh and one other plugin called R4, although the developer wont sell me a license for it, he is pushing something called Morphyre, which in my opinion is useless).

I have seen some postings from others on this forum which refer to the fact that they have Milkdrop working somehow in VDJ.

So how does one go about getting that? Where can I read up on this? What are the requirements?

I suppose I can use a 2nd computer to run VDJ, and use my current VJ system (which has a hig end Nvidia card in it) to do the visuals. I am just not sure if I need to go that route.

Any info about this will be very helpful.

Johan

[Links to commercial websites and/or sites allowing 3rd party downloads are not permitted on the VirtualDJ forums. Please see the forum rules]

Posté Thu 29 Mar 12 @ 11:50 am

Posté Thu 29 Mar 12 @ 1:48 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)