Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet What else to buy

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

skillaPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Hi and Happy Holidays to all

I just purchased 2 Numark TT-200 and a 2 channel mixer (I can't remember the model)
I'll also be purchasing the pro version with 3 TCVs (1 as a spare) right after I get the TTs and mixer.
I also have the MKII.

I was wondering what else should I buy?
I'll be doing normal mixing and scratching and I also want to mix videos.

Basically, my plan is this:
The TTs with the TCVs will do my audio/video mixing and scratching
My MKII will act as a MIDI controller and ASIO sound card. So I'll reprogram the buttons on the MKII and use that in collaboration with the TCVs at the same time (as an example, I'll want to use the Cue button on the MKII to jump to a cue point and then scratch with the TTs)
Additionally, when mixing videos, I'll want to use the MKII mixer to mix the audio and the regular mixer for the video (or vice versa).

Do I need anything else?
Is this setup making sense for what I want to do?

Oh one other thing. I see my profile has the DJ console AND the MKII. I gave away the console cause I didn't like it. Is there a way to de-register the console? I didn't see that when I went to http://www.virtualdj.com/fusers/modifuser.html

Thanks

Posté Wed 20 Dec 06 @ 3:40 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004

Posté Wed 20 Dec 06 @ 3:46 am
Thanks

AMD AM2 3000+ processor (it runs at 2. something I think)
1 GB DDRII
500 GB HDD
32 MB Dual Head Matrox Video card
Of course all the other stuff, key, mouse etc.

I built this PC just for VDJ (it's built into my housing that holds the MKII and mixer - which I didnt get yet). That way I just pick up 1 small box ~(20"x18"x5") and that has everything I need.
The TTs will be in another box so IF I need to carry that, that will be fine too

I was just asking in case my buddy who I gave the console to wants to register, he won't have any problems

Thanks

Posté Wed 20 Dec 06 @ 11:39 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
the serial number will be invalid

and you cannot transfer your licence to him

he will need to buy pro sorry

Posté Wed 20 Dec 06 @ 11:45 pm
Phatt BPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Hey Skilla!

How do the 200's go? Good for thier price?

Im Just trying to decide what TT's to get... The 200's have been on my list.. But im not so sure about them becuase they are towards the lower range of Numark decks.

Are they worth it?

Thanks mate!

Posté Fri 22 Dec 06 @ 10:27 am
Phatt B

What's up?

I haven't gotten it as yet. I bought it already but i'm just waiting on delivery (should be a day or two again)
As soon as I get it I'll let you know on this thread.
So I'd say check back around the 1st or so and you'll get a response from me

BTW I've been researching for a while on which one to buy and I decided on the 200's because of price / performance. There may be an issue with how well it holds out over the months / years but other than that I think it should be OK.
Was between the 200, 500 and TTX.
My next step after this might be the ICDX

Happy New Year Man!

Posté Wed 27 Dec 06 @ 6:52 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)