Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet not made 4 scratching

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

i gotta tell u guys, strait tone arms r not made 4 scratching, i tried scratching with a strait tone arm, and it skipped all over the place, and i tried an s-shaped tone arm didnt skip at all when scratching the fastist and hardest, just thaught that would be usefull info

Posté Sat 23 Dec 06 @ 9:08 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
adjust the weights sounds like their set wrong

try moving it closer to the tone arm it will jump less

Posté Sat 23 Dec 06 @ 10:16 pm
you've got something adjusted wrong, because many battle turntablists prefer the straight tone arm, and vestax and stanton and many others make straight arm tables for scratching....

google how to adjust and float your tone arm... I believe you'll actually enjoy the straight over the s curve...

-Steve

Posté Sat 23 Dec 06 @ 11:04 pm

Posté Sat 23 Dec 06 @ 11:05 pm
this post is wrong. the absolute most skip resistant scratch turntable designs all use straight tonearm. this is not an opinion, it's a fact.

Posté Sun 24 Dec 06 @ 12:29 am
anewsome wrote :
this post is wrong. the absolute most skip resistant scratch turntable designs all use straight tonearm. this is not an opinion, it's a fact.

I agree that straight tone arms are good, but I disagree that it's a "fact" that "the absolute most skip resistant scratch turntable designs all use straight tonearm".

Have you ever used Technics 1200's? There's a reason that most turntablists and dj's swear by them.

Regardless of whether they're 1200's or not though, turntablists like Q-Bert don't hold the turntablist titles that they do or get sponsored by dj equipment manufacturers and have input in product designs by using turntables that skip, or designing them with S-arms:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Invisibl_Skratch_Piklz

Me? I'm currently using cheap little straight arm turntables, but not because they skip less than S-arm tables.

When it comes to skipping, it's more about the ability to adapt. That's what separates the men from the boys, the turntablists from the average beat matcher.

Don't even mention "Automixers" to me.

Posté Sun 24 Dec 06 @ 12:52 am
AUTOMIXERS !!!

sorry lol it had to be done:)

Posté Sun 24 Dec 06 @ 1:10 am
skyfxl wrote :
AUTOMIXERS !!!

sorry lol it had to be done:)

=P

Posté Sun 24 Dec 06 @ 1:12 am
i enjoy posts from you turntable guys, i don't know how to do that but try to learn a little by listening.....how do you loop?

Posté Sun 24 Dec 06 @ 1:36 am

Same track on two different turntables;)
play, crossfade to track that is some beats behind, spin the first turntable back, crossfade ... ;)

Its amazing what turntable djs can achive manually ;) loop, flanger, beat joggle...

Deep respect for that;)

Posté Sun 24 Dec 06 @ 1:39 am
thanks norway, i have read elsewhere that the crossfader needs to be very sharp and precise to make real accurate fast cuts.....

Posté Sun 24 Dec 06 @ 1:44 am
yeah, many turtable djs use short crossfader with sharp cut.

To get an impression, here is a starter dj doing a turntable loop... Not easy ;)

Posté Sun 24 Dec 06 @ 1:58 am
listen2PRO InfinityMember since 2005
some guys even angle their needles on the S arms about 20 degrees to mimic straight arms to get better tracking.

** straight arm will wear your vinyl more

Posté Sun 24 Dec 06 @ 2:18 am
thanks for that peice of info (listen2), i didnt know that.

Posté Sun 24 Dec 06 @ 3:10 am
chucknorrisyouwimps wrote :
i enjoy posts from you turntable guys, i don't know how to do that but try to learn a little by listening.....how do you loop?

There's a LOT of dj tutorial videos if you're interested.

I've got a very little cameo in the music video ["Can You Hear It?"] at the end of this one [all the lighting in the club scene was mine too... we shot it at the University of Southern California], and I'm the guy that handled the tape duplication for the distribution of this tutorial when I was working at a place called "The Video Editor" in Newport Beach, California:

http://upabove.stores.yahoo.net/turwiz11.html

These are some of the turntablist/dj's that I've been either partners or friends with and spinning alongside of since the late 80's.

Posté Sun 24 Dec 06 @ 5:01 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)