Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet The Xone 3D (Allen & Heath) Help Zone - Page: 2

Cette partie de ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes

socrossPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Have you tried using the MIDI jogwheel command in "relative" mode? I know that while in "absolute" mode, it will just make it go forward as you described, but in relative mode it works just fine.

When you set it up in VDJ, go to remote controls > Midi > configure > add new. Under Turntable, click jogwheel (or scratchwheel, if that's what you want the wheel to do) and tick "relative", leaving the scale at 4096. I don't have the xone, but I use midi and that's what has worked for me.

Posté Wed 28 Feb 07 @ 12:16 am
I'll double-try this tonight, but as I remember I've tried every possible combination. Absolute is way to sensitive and spinning counterclockwise advances forward several times faster than spinning clockwise (or vice versa, depending if you have reverse option checked).

Now relative gives just a little bit of movement and increasing scale (which I mentioned in my long post) makes it jump at bigger intervals.

On the side note, Tried Traktor yesterday, works perfectly fine. Have to get used to controls (way too many controls from default Xone template), but it does have a lot of effects VDJ lacks and I like the scalability and easy customization of what you want to see and where.

Maybe I'll switch to Traktor after all..

Thanks though!

Posté Thu 01 Mar 07 @ 5:54 pm
Nope, no matter what mode I'd set (not much difference), scratch, scratchwheel, nudge, jogwheel, whatever:

if you do absolute, turning clockwise gives you normal expected response. Even speed sensitive.
If counterclockwise, it accelerates about 2x and no speed control .

if check the inversed box, rotations swap, but track seek doesn't (still goes forward).

If doing relative, same options and everything, all it does it moves 1/2 sec forward or backward. If increase default 4096, it moves that much time accordingly - 8192 gives you about second, so on..

This is on my other PC, so it can't be my main laptop. Obviously VDJ doesn't like MIDI from Xone or Hercules DJ Concole MK2 in MIDI mode. Doesn't like the F's in signal (see above).

If anyone can guide me what VDJ would accept (socross, plz install Bome's MIDI translator and try to see what does it put out on your wheels) I could probably translate whaever it needs to via MIDI translator.

Posté Fri 02 Mar 07 @ 3:30 am
KilljoyHome userMember since 2004
dami2550 >

I've travelled the same path and come to the same conclusions you have. I would hazzard a guess that we are among a very small handfull of people who have purchased one of these and tried as hard as we have to get it to control VDJ.

Sadly, I am now learning Traktor out of desperation and am making the transition over. At the same time though I still keep a flame alive for VDJ. I check once a week to see if there is a new version released and prey that TECH is listening to our woes on this forum and are planning to make the XONE3d native. Our cause is only going to grow stronger with every person who buys one of these consoles with the misunderstanding that it can control VDJ.

Posté Sat 03 Mar 07 @ 1:00 pm
Killjoy:

Yeah, I kind of gave up waiting. I'm using Ableton for all club music mixing with Xone 3D, and using VDJ with my old Hercules DJ Console MK2 for all private parties, just because all the different music.

Posté Sun 04 Mar 07 @ 8:58 pm
yo tengo una xone3d y tambien espero por un mapa controlador...
¿Algun dia la harann 100% compatible verdad?
Saludos desde Gijon España

I have one xone3d and also I wait for a control map...
Algun day the harann 100 % compatible truth?
Regards from Gijón Spain

Posté Fri 09 Mar 07 @ 8:33 pm
nachetedj>

Hang tight friend. Virtual DJ would like to claim it is the most powerfull digital mixing tool on the market and I would tend to agree, however sadly as yet it doesn't accomodate the most powerfull and expensive digital mixer on the market. I'd be very suprised if VDJ isn't planning to impliment this controller; if not in the very next release, then surely a future release in the not too distant future. For now, try and learn Traktor or alternative software whilst we wait.

I'd urge all people who currently own a Xone 3d and are awaiting this much anticipated update to make themselves known on this thread as my only concern is that the team at Virtual DJ have decided that there aren't enough of us users out here to warrant support and they plan to wait untill there are more of us crying out before something is done about it.

I for one am counting the minutes.

Posté Wed 14 Mar 07 @ 2:42 am
We not necessarily need native support, especially because mappings are going to be different than I'd like.

All we need is how to map scroll wheels to scratch / nudge or what it's called. Everything else is mapping OK.

Posté Wed 14 Mar 07 @ 7:06 pm
Aparte de las ruedas, tambien esta el tema del video fader, y los potenciometros con pulsador, que yo al menos no se configurar

Apart from the wheels, also this(this one) the topic of the video fader, and the potenciometros with push-button, that I at least not to form

Posté Fri 16 Mar 07 @ 5:03 am
yeah, I still have the same old issue with my XFader that I detailed earlier in this thread on top of the problem with the Jogs.

Posté Sat 17 Mar 07 @ 8:22 am
funnyb0nzPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2006
Well I dont believe the team will help support a non licensed user. If you have the money to buy the nice hardware, than you obviously have the money to purchace a licensed copy Of Virtual DJ. I know its nice to use something and not pay for it, but when you do alot of post's like your doing, and wanting help, others look down upon that my friend.
So if you would like support, than please support those that have made the software that you are using illegally (I am assuming you have illegal copy, because it doesnt take an einstein to figure out how to register their copy) and purchase a Legit copy, and I'll bet you will get some feedback from the TEAM.

Posté Sat 17 Mar 07 @ 9:52 pm
Would I really, cause I'd swear there is already a registered user on this thread who is not getting the support you mention.

Posté Sun 18 Mar 07 @ 2:04 pm
d-v-intPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I've been asking for help on this matter for nearly a year now and im registered.

The 3D has just the right amount of buttons to utalize VDJ without ever even needing to touch the mouse. This problem with the midi signals is a disaster.

Fair play to Killjoy for bringing all the complaints we 3D users have together into one thread.

So once again, PLEASE support can you look into this. You do not need a 3D to test the problems we are having as they seem to be midi and not hardware based.

If you want your software to look professional then make it compliant with professional hardware, the hercules and behringer's while competent and excellent value for money are for bedrooms not clubs.

p.s. i have sent a link to this thread to vdj support.

Posté Wed 21 Mar 07 @ 1:44 pm
they are looking into this

but please dont make loads of useless tickets they do read the forum i assue you
Quote :
p.s. i have sent a link to this thread to vdj support.

it just reduces time that could be used to look into the issue.

Quote :
How long does it take to get an answer ?
We're doing our best to answer you as fast as possible. Within business days, most of questions are answered within 2 days. You don't need to post the same question several times, you won't get a faster answer, and in this case we'll answer in priority to other users. Please note some questions may take more time to be answered, so thanks for your patience

vdj users do get support its just that different areas of the software have to have worked on lat once ie

the last update was to help improve the timecode

and the v4 series introduced a totaly new improved sound engine that increases the quality of sound greatly

so dont worry they are aware.

have a nice day.

Posté Wed 21 Mar 07 @ 4:05 pm
Hardly usless tickets.

If we do not get any replys from VDJ how are we to know they are looking at the threads? I have only sent them 2 tickets with regards the xone the 1st one saying i had an issue the 2nd a link to this thread as it explains the issue better than i can and also all the different fixes people have used, to no avail.

Incidently the ticket i put up was read in about 30mins of me sending it, so i have no doubt in the fact they will read it.

However as i have said it has been a year and we havnt been told if the issue is going to be sorted, I'm not asking for it to be done right away (although i would love if it was) I would just like to know that the team have plans to deal with it.

Its in VDJ's interest to sort this, they have decided to bring VDJ down the apple route to boost its appeal to the more professional side of the market, this work could be in vein if they do onot also consider the professional hardware this market uses (not only the 3D but other midi hardware).

I used to use VDJ everyday. I have promoted it to many people and have had a lot of people switch over to it, however thay along with me are now forced to look at other software options due to this midi problem.

Its such a shame as VDJ could be so perfect.

Posté Wed 21 Mar 07 @ 5:03 pm
mp3jrickPRO InfinityHonorary MemberMember since 2003
Well here's how it is fellas.
Currently the controller/mixer has some issues with VDJ.
People in support don't answer because we don't have the answer period.
The only one who can fix this problem is DEVELOPMENT and they are aware of it.
I personally contacted Corporate on this thread and the eservice ticket after reading it here and in eservice.

Right now there are other things being done, and that's the only story to tell.
We have a major undertaking with Numark in the works that is taking every available second of every day.
Until that is complete, other things wait.
Personally, there are other things I'd like to see done in the program before outside 3rd party controller issues are resolved.
There are many controllers that work fine with VDJ, we didn't make that choice for you.

So please don't bash eservice and Atomix for these issues or lack of replies.

Posté Wed 21 Mar 07 @ 5:25 pm
I havn't bashed anything. And I don't intend to.

As I said you read my ticket straight away today as i knew you would. I wouldn't have sent a ticket if we got the above answer in the thread though.

Im also aware of the work your doing with Numark & with the MAC version, all we want to know is that the issue will be looked at in due course. Its not just affecting the 3D but seems to be a midi issue, so im sure there are other controlers affected.

However with regards controler selection there are no professional level controllers that work with VDJ. That I'm aware of. I choose the 3D due to its high amount of midi assignable pot's, rotaries, buttons and faders. I assumed VDJ would be able to except these signals (a fair assumption im sure you'll agree) Also having seen the early screen shots of the xone that seemed to have VDJ playing on a laptop i hoped it would be all good.

I know you have to aim to please the largest section of the market, but dont forget about the little guy either ; )

Posté Wed 21 Mar 07 @ 6:11 pm
Nobody is drooling over the 3D like we are like I told you in eservice.

For this to happen we ideally need a controller, Allen & Heath could help this along if they wished to.
We have several members who could map it if we had a unit.

We have several controllers that work well with VDJ on a professional level, although not $2k in cost.

We took a lot of crap from B2K users over support and most of the problem was Behringer's.
We are also hearing impatient cries for the MAC version, things take time to achieve this.

Although replies are few are far, never underestimate this company or whether they listen to their users, they do.

Peace.

Unless anybody has anything to add, we can chill this down and close it.
The message has been sent and recieved.

Posté Wed 21 Mar 07 @ 6:36 pm
well then id like to put in one final addition, would it be a good idea for the 3D users her to write to A&H to ask them to send your development team a 3D to map?

I have done a little beta testing for the 3D(only for additional firmware) and i have a contact on the developmental side but i have a friend who has very good contacts with them and has already received a 3D from A&H for review purposes.

Posté Wed 21 Mar 07 @ 8:02 pm
That would be an excellent idea, even if it has to be returned.
I would kill for one of those units.

Posté Wed 21 Mar 07 @ 8:20 pm
60%