Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet The Xone 3D (Allen & Heath) Help Zone - Page: 3

Cette partie de ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes

d-v-intPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Consider it done then.

If the development team were to map the 3d would we still be able to make adjustments to that map?

Posté Wed 21 Mar 07 @ 8:44 pm
bien...¿pero saldra algun para la 3d antes del verano?
La compre para dejar de usar la djm600 con la maya44 por que hera mucho lio, y la bcd2000 la devolvi al parecerme inestable y con mala calidad de sonido.
La xone3d suena genial y se maneja perfectamente. Creo que es la mejor maquina con diferencia.
¡¡¡ POR DIOS SOLO PIDO UN MAPA !!!

Well ... but saldra algun for her(it) 3d before the summer?
Buy it to stop using her djm600 with her(it) maya44 for that hera very much mess, and her(it) bcd2000 the devolvi on having looked alike unstably and with bad quality of sound.
Her(It) xone3d sounds brilliantly(genially) and manages perfectly. I believe that it is the best machine with difference.
FOR ALONE GOD I ASK FOR A MAP!!!

Posté Wed 28 Mar 07 @ 5:24 pm
email i recieved back from A&H when i enquired about mapping the jogs:

"The jog wheels are optical encoders. They only have two values, down and up (0 and 127). They have no relative values like the analogue pots (0->-127). Please see if the top 8 ‘top-hat’ optical encoders have the same behaviour as the jogwheels when mapped. Does VDJ have different MIDI encoding options? In Ableton you select ‘Relative Signed Bit’ or ‘Relative 2’s Compliment’ for the optical encoders. This lets the software interpret the discreet MIDI messages.

I am not aware of Atomix Productions getting in touch with Allen & Heath regarding mapping the 3D’s MIDI surface. In your below email, there is a great guide to setting up the 3D with VDJ. As you rightly state, the issue is with the software not interpreting the optical encoders correctly. Have you spoken to anyone at Atomix? This is what I suggest you do."

I dont realy know much about midi so can someone maybe explain the top paragraph to me? Does the Devolpment team have any tips?

It would be cool if someone from the VDJ team was to liase with A&H and maybe see if we can get a soloution to this issue.

Posté Tue 03 Apr 07 @ 10:50 am
BUMP.

Posté Wed 04 Apr 07 @ 3:48 pm
KilljoyHome userMember since 2004
Second that BUMP

Posté Tue 24 Apr 07 @ 10:57 am
c'mon people if you want this issue solved (for all midi controllers not just the 3d as im sure the same fix will work cross platform) keep bumping this thread and show your support.

Posté Tue 24 Apr 07 @ 11:53 am
DukesyPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Hey guys actually looking into getting myself one of these although it's going to mean beg borowing or stealing for the next couple of months. Now my question is.. Obviously the inbuit jog wheels dont "Yet" function in Virtual Dj however I use TCV would the Xone's inbuilt sound card allow me to connect my turntables in the same way that I do currently to my BCD and still allow me to pre listen to my samples and so forth on a seperate channel.
If this works it would mean that basically I would not use the Jog wheels on the Xone at all.
If anyone know if this would work It would be greatly appreciated.

Posté Mon 30 Apr 07 @ 8:28 am
you can route the xones soundcard so that you effectivly get 3 stereo pairs. Im using it with a mac now and i can have 3 channels using the aggregate device but afak vdj isnt picking these up but ill have to double check. It does work on the pc though, or at least it did on version 3.x, ill cheak that tonight also.

but afaik it is possible and works farily well two with pop or crackles.

Posté Mon 30 Apr 07 @ 12:14 pm
DJFRCUE userMember since 2006
Just bumping this thread because I would like to see VDJ have proper support for Jog Wheels on all devices.

Just from reading the history hear it seems like VDJ has an issue with how it is set up to read midi signals...

I am almost certainly going to buy a Vestax VCI 100 but I think I may end up with Traktor as they seem to have far better support for midi controllers.

Hopefully VDJ can sort this out in their next update.

It does not require native support like they have done with the Herc or BCD, people simply require that the jog wheels can be mapped correctly (for any device) and they can assign the rest themselves.

It sounds like a simple addition given that Traktor can do it so easily. I wonder if perhaps the entire implimentation of MIDI support in VDJ has been done poorly.

Posté Tue 08 May 07 @ 6:15 am
wonder is about the only thing you can do because the vdj team dont want to seem to comment on this issue.

Posté Tue 08 May 07 @ 11:14 am
mastahkPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Unbelivable. Why cannot Atomix spare a few minutes from one of their coders and at least explain, how and hows, and when it`s going to be fixed ?. You have this guy who have shelled out all this money on a state of the art mixer, and are TRYING to get it to work with VDJ, and are not able to get at least an answer.

Posté Tue 08 May 07 @ 7:18 pm
51 posts and coming up to 1200 views on this thread and still no answers from atomix.

Posté Wed 09 May 07 @ 1:21 pm
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005
The Xone 3D is very expensive and I belive only a few people has it (if any), that is way the response is so slow ;)

Posté Wed 09 May 07 @ 2:54 pm
This problem is not just specific to the Xone its an issue with how VDJ accepts midi rather than a hardware specific issue.

Posté Wed 09 May 07 @ 3:14 pm
Think the jog wheel problem generally is getting more of an issue though- since now there's two controllers that can't be fully mapped. :(

The choice of controllers is only going to get bigger from here onwards, so I hope they're at least making plans so that users can map jog wheels themselves!

Would be good to have the choice.

Posté Wed 09 May 07 @ 3:53 pm
Well, the Xone is great, but 2800$ (!) is a little overpriced IMO. You can get Pioneer for that money ;)

Posté Wed 09 May 07 @ 9:26 pm
DJFRCUE userMember since 2006
The problem appears to be for all controllers ALF not just the xone.

Personally i want this functionality as i am considering purchasing a vestax and would like to get vdj for it as well

Posté Thu 10 May 07 @ 2:26 am
DJFR wrote :
i am considering purchasing a vestax and would like to get vdj for it as well

It will support it, don't worry ;)

Posté Thu 10 May 07 @ 3:07 am
DJ-ALF wrote :
Well, the Xone is great, but 2800$ (!) is a little overpriced IMO. You can get Pioneer for that money ;)

Why would i want pioneer? If i had pioneer this wouldn't be an issue as it doesn't have jogs & i would have to use a seperate midi controller. The A&H has superior sound quality and midi functions, the xone 92 (which the 3d mixer section is based on) is the industry standard. Their not even comparable imo.

Posté Thu 10 May 07 @ 9:41 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
ok they are aware of this issue and are looking into it and they will do their best to solve it

as you can see from the history of virtual dj they have kept many development promises

and it affects some important controlers which are very useful

nough said.

Posté Thu 10 May 07 @ 12:48 pm
90%