Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet Pioneer DJM800

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

jaakkoPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Hi!
Anyone using this mixer for video mixing?

Is it possible to do this all at the same time:
- use crossfader for video transition
- use all 4 channels and as normal hardware mixer (no software mixer!)
- assign midi knobs for changing video transition type and video effect type
- start and stop video effect (possibly change effect parameters too?)
- recognize bpm automatically from the software but use pioneer's own hardware audio effects on it? (I dont like VDJ's own effects)
- no compability midi problems like with bcd2000?

So my point is that the mixer could be like ecler nuo 4 but with great hardware effects!
Or should i just buy ecler nuo 4?

Thanks for the answers!

Posté Tue 16 Jan 07 @ 6:01 pm
socrossPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I've had this mixer for a couple of months, and I love it! I have yet to find a knob, button or slider that doesn't send midi.

I use the "Booth Monitor" knob for the video crossfader, since I prefer to crossfade the video after I've already started to mix the audio.

The 4 "crossfader start" buttons are great for assigning to things like changing the video transitions and such. I really like the onboard effects, I use them more than the internal vdj effects.

What I really like are the sound color knobs. Using high pass and low pass filters so easily is just better than using the eq knobs for mixing, as you can sometimes lose too much of the sound by just cutting the bass. Overall, it's a sweet mixer, and probably the last one I'll by for years to come.

Posté Tue 16 Jan 07 @ 7:08 pm
Sounds great!
But does it automatically detect bpm from vdj or do you have to tap it yourself?
If you dont assign a knob to midi, it works normally then?
Is it really worth of almost double price compared to ecler nuo 4?
What do you think?

Posté Tue 16 Jan 07 @ 8:46 pm
I have the Nuo 4 and as far as I know it is the only DJ mixer on the market that has a dedicated midi section so you don't have to take all the other channels sliders, knobs, and buttons and configure them to the software. I like it for that and the price. Pioneer may be better quality though. On the Nuo 4 there is a way to assign the crossfader to video mixing and trigger it off as well, this way you can have a choice to mix the video while crossfading or not live and on the spot. I don't use channel 2 on my Nuo 4 so I have the up/down volume slider set for crossfading video as well. This is great as a second option while mixing and disabling the audio crossfader with video too... confused a few people I am sure..

Posté Tue 16 Jan 07 @ 10:10 pm
jaakko wrote :
Sounds great!
But does it automatically detect bpm from vdj or do you have to tap it yourself?
If you dont assign a knob to midi, it works normally then?
Is it really worth of almost double price compared to ecler nuo 4?
What do you think?

It has auto detect, but it sometimes needs help. I find that I'm tapping about a third of the time. Yep, if you assign a knob to midi, it will still do its normal function in addition to the midi function. I don't have any experience with the nuo, so I can't really compare.

Posté Wed 17 Jan 07 @ 2:43 am
Thanks for the comments!
This is getting very interesting... I am interested in harmonic mixing and djm-800 specs says the sound color knobs can help with it, but how?

Does the mixer recognize the key?
For Example: Let's assume that i have a song with key A in deck 1 and song with key A# in deck 2. To Match these keys harmonically, i have to increase the key on deck A by half step. Can i do that with knobs and colors? Does the mixer recognize the key?

Now i have keyboard shortcuts to alter the key but it is complicated because you cannot display current key on software.

What is the meaning of color buttons: harmonic / sweep / crush / filter?
http://www.skratchworx.com/images/Pioneer/djm800/djm800_top.jpg

Posté Wed 17 Jan 07 @ 12:55 pm

Posté Wed 17 Jan 07 @ 1:35 pm
trido23Home userMember since 2006
I am currently using this mixer now...This mixer quite possibly is one of the best mixers I have ever used. Granted this is my first four channel mixer, but I own some pretty crazy two channel mixers (TTM 56, OG Vestax 05 Pro, TTm 57SL, and last but not least my very first Gemini "Scratch Master") that I didn't think the 800 would stack up to but I must say I am VERY Impressed. I was able to program almost every vdj function into the mixer and it runs like a champ!

Posté Sat 20 Jan 07 @ 3:58 pm
I agree with trido - It's quite possibly the last mixer I will buy for a long time!!

Posté Sat 20 Jan 07 @ 8:04 pm
hello boys i have buy the virtual pro and i canot downloaden the skins can annybody help me i will pleaz the pioneer cdj800mixer

Posté Thu 25 Jan 07 @ 12:21 pm
is everbody help me and can annybody give me a anotherpassword

Posté Thu 25 Jan 07 @ 12:22 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
*Warning*

1.no one will risk their licence for you when they paid
2. no pro level downloads for no licenced users

if you like this program please support it buy purchasing it :)

you get support , skins , tool downloads , updates , samples ,

hope to see you as a registered user soon.

Posté Thu 25 Jan 07 @ 12:47 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)